Hello from Scotland

• A big hello and Happy New Year from bonny Scotland.

Loving the videos great to see some world class volleyball, not much volleyball on TV in this part of the world.

Cheers

Barry

• Good to see you, I like Scotland, "Braveheart" is my favourite movie. You scotlands look like us, passionate, brave, patriots, you have also great history. :)

I hope you will progress in volleyball, ;) :thumbsup:

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• how nice to see someone from Scotland here.welcome to the forum :win:
    in addition to Nastja's question ı would like to ask a question.
    why do you think volleyball isn't so popular in Scotland or England?and how did you get interested in volleyball?
    ı hope you enjoy here.

• Hi Barry and Everyone.

I am also from Scotland and a friend of Barry. Barry told me about this site and I love it!

I play for Martinus in Holland at the moment, the same team that the Dela Martinus girls play for so I am lucky to see them often :)

Happy new year everyone!

• in addition to Nastja's question ı would like to ask a question.
    why do you think volleyball isn't so popular in Scotland or England?

In my opinion it is because of the lack of the tradition. It is one of the main reasons. Great Britain doesn't have traditions at team sports (of course except of football, rugby, field hockey which are typical British sports), so British fans are not interested in this much and their volleyball, handball or basketball NT are very weak.

By the way, it is very nice to see somebody from British Isles on this forum. :wavy:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Hi, Monty!

Welcome to the best volleyball board around. It's so good that you find time to write here!

Scotland is a great country. David Coulthard - is superb! :super:

I've read your site, it's cool! :thumbsup:

by the way, i just wonder, but how did u find us? cos its kinda "weird" to see sb from scotland here

I found the site while watching a volleyball clip on youtube and the web address was in the bottom right of the footage so decided to look it up, and very glad I did.

why do you think volleyball isn't so popular in Scotland or England?and how did you get interested in volleyball?

In my opinion it is because of the lack of the tradition. It is one of the main reasons. Great Britain doesn't have traditions at team sports (of course except of football, rugby, field hockey which are typical British sports), so British fans are not interested in this much and their volleyball, handball or basketball NT are very weak.

To a degree Konrad is right in what he says, we have no history in team sports apart from football, rugby as these are the sports that are taught to us at school and read about in the papers, easily accessible to watch on TV.

But with the Olympics coming to London in 2012 a lot of money is now being put into “minority sports” and has led to the revival of a Great Britain’s Volleyball Squads, who are now in full time training programme (for the first time ever) for the Olympics in 2012.

Like most people that play volleyball in Scotland I was introduced to the game by my PE teacher at school who played, and he ran a lunch time session so I went along and 12 years later I still love the sport.

If you want to learn a bit more about Scottish Volleyball have a look at www.scottishvolleyball.org and for English Volleyball www.volleyballengland.org

• Thanks, Baz. It is very interesting what you have written above.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Thanks Lightmaster,

Yes Coulthard has been around for a while and is doing well :)

Glad you like my site, Barry has one as well ;)

• Baz & Monty

Still can't believe that you joined a forum guys :thumbup: I don't know exaclty, but maybe you are the first serious players writing here.

Is there a way to watch your games on satellites or download from the net? Can you post some multimedia here on the forum?

• Chris played in Poland in last summer (Memorial Hubert Wagner). One match of GB NT from this tournament you can find in Multimedia section.

Just dont watch the 3rd set :whistling:

• ok so where is the third set? :D

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• Ok.. ok... now you certainly have to put some new photoes or videos :whistle: ;)

• :read: It has been torn up and thrown in the bin so no one can see it :thumbup:

haha don`t worry i was in Olsztyn during Memoriał soooo, nothing hidden :D

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov