Hi! I'm Brooke! =]

• Just found this forum and I am excited to be a part of it.

Let me introduce myself!

My name is Brooke. I am 20 years old and will be a Senior Middle Hitter/Blocker at Brevard College in NC. June 16th, about 24 days from now I will be representing the USA, in Argentina, in an invitational only ambassador type program where me and 9 other college players will be competing against other countries. I am super pumped as my dream is to play professional indoor volleyball after college! And this is one big step to getting the international experience I need!

Well, I look forward to getting to know the active users on this forum! :dance6:

• Welcome to this forum. :gone:
    Good enjoy. :gone:

:flower: :flower: :flower:

• Hi Brooke! Hope you enjoy the forum. Best of luck to your dream. :)

• thanks everyone for a warrm welcome! =] i am training hard and will keep you guys updated!

thanks! haha my new USA jersey is pretty sweet isnt it? haha

• Hey guys! sorry for the lack of activity, i have been ReALLY busy! My school is having me keep a blog on the athletic page so i will just post the entries here as well to keep you guys updated =]

posted on http://www.bctornados.com
    Blog Update: Brooke Seaman
    June 12, 2009
    Preparing for an Adventure!
    June 12 - Spring Hill, FL - Preparing for an Adventure!

You know, packing has never been fun for me. It is always something I put off until the very last moment, a time when procrastination is my best friend. As if being a college student didn't have enough of that already. But this time, it's a new feeling. I can't help but think that every item I pack is extremely valuable, as if they themselves were guiding me to this adventure. I have been asked to write a sort of "preparation" blog and describe the feelings I am going through as I prepare for this trip. I am finding it hard to do so since I have never been so excited in my life before. People keep asking me if I am excited and I laugh everytime: What kind of a person would not be?

I am about to be in another country full of culture, people, and all sorts of new experiences just waiting for me to participate in. And what makes it best is that amidst all of these wonderful things I will be doing two things that I love doing more than anything else in the world! I will be playing the sport which has become my life's passion: VOLLEYBALL. And I will be given the opportunity to share that passion and love with kids.

Laughter, joy, passion, love. These are very powerful feelings, and they can change a persons life. We have all been given gifts to use in our own ways to change the world. Whether small, or big, every change is one step closer. Through volleyball I have met some amazing people, and some even more amazing children. These children have taught me that no matter what is going wrong in a person's life, just doing one thing you love can make you feel better. It's the ultimate prescription, and everyone's is different. To see the look in a child's eye when they learn a new skill, or do something that they couldn't in the past; the light bulb finally switches on! It's all priceless, and I wouldn't trade it for the world on a silver platter.

So yes, I AM EXCITED, BEYOND BELIEF! So much so that I don't even think it is going to hit me until I am in Argentina, on the court, wearing that jersey with those three small, but oh so mighty letters: U S A, across my chest. Only then will I get the full magnitude of how great this whole experience is going to be.

• Hi Brooke!!!!
    Sorry the late reply...but welcome here!!!hehe...enjoy a lot!!!

And definely a lot of luck for you! Against Argentina??.....Me as Brasilian will definetly wish you a lot of luck!!!!^^... :lol: :white:

• thank you thank you! we deff needed the luck ahaha!

hey guys im back from argentina and we got our butts kicked lol. we did not have a setter and we had 6 middles...crazy right? well heres some footage.

USAAI Volleyball - Argentina 2009 Pt. 1

Ouch...no setter...yeah..that might had bene a problem...hehehehehe...but is good for experience!! ;)....you all go better next time! :thumbup:

• Ouch...no setter...yeah..that might had bene a problem...hehehehehe...but is good for experience!! ;)....you all go better next time! :thumbup:

oh it was deffinately a learning experience lol. im happy with my performance. when the ball goes straight up thats me hitting. i tried to put a little square everytime i got a hit swing

• Ah..I see....

Yeah..I think you would like to get to know Rio, my city!!!hehehehehe....but not only the city....in volleyball too..to be in Brasil I think would be good for you..to play against some younger teams from here....who knows..you could talk to your coach about it..hehehehehe...cause I know sometimes some young teams from other countries come here....there is one from Norway that all summer come to Rio..and play against UFRJ team...a Federal University here in Rio, and also do some beach volley I think. But there is also great clubs in Sao Paulo with younger good teams and in Minas Gerais...could be a good experience for your team! ^^

Anyway..if someday you come to Rio..let me know...I can help you with anything you need... :win: