Hello from France !

• Hi everyone !

I'm Mickael, I come from the south of France and I'm a huge volleyball addict' !

I know this website dedicated to volleyball thanks to a friend of mine, and I decided to submit here to share my passion with other people !

I started liking this wonderful sport when I was 14, at the age of 15, I started watching volleyball on French satellite tv, and from that moment, I try not to miss a single match (hard, isn't it ?! lol).

Volleyball isn't the n°1 national sport in France, unfortunately (damned soccer ^^ ), which is quite a pity when we see the results of the French male volleyball team compared with those of the French male soccer team !!

My favourite volleyball players are the well-known (strong charactered ^^ ) Jacqueline Carvalho, French player Victoria Ravva (hope you all know her !), Nadia Centoni, Sheila, Rosir Calderon, Manon Flier, Maggy Glinka, Natalya Mamodova ... for females and Gibba (of course!), Clayton Stanley, Ivan Miljkovic, Stephane Antiga... for males.

I like beach volleyball too, the Avp tour as well as the World tour, by the way, the Henkel Grand Slam of Paris is really nice, I really hope beach volley will take place in Paris another time next summer (not like this year :( ).

Well, any suggestion or comment is obviously welcome !!

Bye guys, volleyball is our n°1 !!

• Hello Mickael, welcome to the forum! :wavy:

• Bonjour Michael , welcome to the board!

which is quite a pity when we see the results of the French male volleyball team compared with those of the French male soccer team !!

I'm sorry, but the french VB team never made it to a world championship final, and never won any European Championship. The french national soccer team record is definitely better than the french national volleyball team record.
    And if the soccer team is currently struggling to make it to the World Cup, the volleyball team did not really take the short way to qualify for the World Championship!

• You're right concerning the french national soccer team record, no one can go against that, but looking at the recent results of the French VB male team, there are some things we can be proud of : silver medal at the European Championship and a qualification for the World Championship ! Fine :) , i must confess i'm defending the VB team because i'm done seeing other sports catching all the attention in the media ;) , volleyball deserves to be more recognized,don't you think ? But i'm quite surprized to see how tremendous the new generation of French male VB player is, compared to that of the female VB player, there are incontestably great talents in the team (Rybacewski, Bauer ...), maybe a good leader is missing, as Victoria Ravva was during the 2007 European Championship... I will be so glad to see the girls reaching the top of the European Elite and finally getting a qualification to a big world championship !

It's always a pleasure to share my opinions with other, people come and write, any suggestion is welcome !!

Message to all the volleyball addicts all over the world : how is seen the French VB team (male and female) in the media of your country ?

• Hey Mickael!! Welcome to the forum!
    I hope you have a good time in here!

Well..lets be honest people....soccer will always be in front of any other sports...hehe...living in Brasil I have to say..I have no hopes for that to change :S ....and to be honest I dont mind much...I like the family spirit volleyball still have....you know, being able to know people from all over, and the closer contact with your idols...wicth is really hard in soccer...hehe

But I agree with you..that should have more volley in television..and shows about it....since is so well recieved sport by the public too!!!I mean...volleyball is always one of the most viewed sports in Olympic Games and so on...

Well..is nice we can have these places in internet where we can share our love!!!:)

• Hi Justyna !

Well, eventhough soccer is more popular than volleyball in Poland, the least i can say is that you Polish people know how to support your national VB teams !! Each time i see the male or female VB Polish teams on tv, the audience is well-present and you guys make SOME noise ^^ I wish French people could do the same with our national VB teams !! Going to Great Britain to support them if they 'll qualify for the 2012 London Olympic Games is besides on my mind ^^ . Moreover, you have well-known VB players or players on the way to becoming famous: Malgorzata Glinka, Dorota Swieniewicz,Milena Rosner, Ana Baranska, Katarzyna Skowronska, ... I really like the spirit which reigns in Poland, and more generally in the countries of Eastern Europe concerning volleyball !!

• Glad to meet you!

I'm not French but I study here in the South of France.

J'ai l'impression qu'ici en France il n'y a pas bcp de fana de volley-ball... dommage...

Perhaps we may go to see volleyball matches together:)

• Hi you piccolafede !

Actually, volleyball is getting more and more fans all around
    France (you should have seen the popularity of volleyball like 5 years
    ago when i first discovered volleyball on tv...). To watch high level
    volleyball matches, you should go to Montpellier, Cannes, and Nice...
    as far as the south of France is concerned at least. Yeah, I'd like to
    see one of the match of the RC Cannes for instance, especially in their
    campaign in the Indesit Champion's League ( defenitely ^^ ), but my schedule is full... Hope i'll find a day to do it !!
    See ya !!

• Tu as raison.

Actually I'll go to Cannes in two weeks. You know on Jan 19th there will be a match between RC Cannes and Universitet Belgorod. Do you have some time to go there?

• Hey !!
    Sorry for only answering now :-s
    How was the match ?? I saw they easily won ;) !
    If Cannes ever reaches the final four, or if Cannes organizes it, i'll do my best to go to watch them play, no matter what !!!
    ++