I just realized I never wrote a post here.

• Finally, my toefl test receives a score of 101, in detail 25 reading, 27 listening and writing, 22 speaking.
    Disappointment remains in the speaking section because many schools in USA prefer 23, 24 or higher speaking score. Anyway, that's the most I can do.
    That's also a warning: Do not try to talk to me, you'll be confused at my oral English. :lol:
    I'll try to improve it afterwards. I still need luck in my personal statement and applying the PhD positions. I wish best of luck.

• Finally, my toefl test receives a score of 101, in detail 25 reading, 27 listening and writing, 22 speaking.
    Disappointment remains in the speaking section because many schools in USA prefer 23, 24 or higher speaking score. Anyway, that's the most I can do.
    That's also a warning: Do not try to talk to me, you'll be confused at my oral English. :lol:
    I'll try to improve it afterwards. I still need luck in my personal statement and applying the PhD positions. I wish best of luck.

Which version of TOEFL did you take? Actually, I don't even know which versions are still available, back in 2006-2007 when I was sitting the exam there were two versions only - a computer-based one and a paper-based one, I think I had something like 240/300 in the computer-based exam..

• Which version of TOEFL did you take? Actually, I don't even know which versions are still available, back in 2006-2007 when I was sitting the exam there were two versions only - a computer-based one and a paper-based one, I think I had something like 240/300 in the computer-based exam..

:teach: The latest version of toefl is internet-based test(iBT). I just looked up the comparison system, my score 101/120 is equal to 253/300 of cBT and 607 of paper-based test. :)

• I never said "welcome" before XD

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

I guess I should congratulate you now, right? Finally ;)
    Speaking is the worst thing ever, for me. I was nervous like hell when I had my oral examination.

• Alright, I want to record my first signature.
    Previously, I did't know what to write in my signature because I didn't think there was something worth published in all my posts.
    Now I got one.
    Last night, when I was still in my dream, I kind of dreamed of Bartek and his injured spine. Somehow it came to me that he's growing two beautiful wings. That scene was too gorgeous, at least more gorgeous than my Photoshop skill.

EDIT: you guys are right. Screw the photoshop. :)

I believe he touches your spine so as to give you wings.
    BECAUSE YOU FLY.

• Alright, I want to record my first signature.
    Previously, I did't know what to write in my signature because I didn't think there was something worth published in all my posts.
    Now I got one.
    Last night, when I was still in my dream, I kind of dreamed of Bartek and his injured spine. Somehow it came to me that he's growing two beautiful wings. That scene was too gorgeous, at least more gorgeous than my Photoshop skill.
    I hate myself to ruin this picture with my embarrassing photoshop skill. :(

Oh my God, Martee!!! You didn't ruin it, don't even say such things!!!! I have already told you this, but it's definitely worth to say it again- this is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

It really moved me, it's just amazing. Let's hope our boy is feeling better and better with every second.

Thank you Martee for being such an amazing fan of Bartek and our whole team. You're a great fan, you know it right?

You made my day :heart: :flower:

• Whohoho, impressive! It's really nice to watch how much you like and support him. It's muuch better, that listening all squeals, screams and shouts in hall, when girls try to attract Kurek's attention :pinch:

• Martee, I wish Bartek could see it...
    You know what? I kept deleting words in my post 'cause I had no proper words to say how I feel about it, about you and your liking to Kurek. And after I saw this picture and read your post... it give me wings too. I have no doubt Kurek will get his wings. With such support. You moved me :heart:

Next time I catch Kurek, I'll tell him what storm of feelings he unleashes :D I will write him a poem so he can fly hearing it.

Thank you Martee, you made my day as well :heart:

• This recalls me of a song: flying without wings by westlife.
    This idea emerges because bartek is different from other guys to me. He's just like ferrer of tennis, when things come to them, i always have many feelings.
    Of course i wouldn't yell or scream when watching their games. I think that's the difference between guys and girls. I prefer deep thinking, details, solutions, etc. As to bartek, i always daydream of being his teammate. :lol:

• Hi, all. First of all, Merry Christmas to you all. As you know, X'mas is not a Chinese fastival but nowadays young people also celebrate it... However, I have to say my Christmas is NOT merry at all! The fact is I had all bad fortune today. From a optimistic point of view, if only I could be more lucky in the new year and Chinese spring festival and the day that some university would send me an offer...

So, you may concern about the title. Well, I can tell you that, with no offense but something kidding, "Kubiak" pronounces very much alike a Chinese word which is always used to describe "bad luck", "poor guy" or someone like this. Anyway, he makes me believe that even though I suffered a lot today, I have someone sharing this and yes, everything goes better.

Wish me, wish Kubiak and team Poland, wish everyone, the best of luck in the New Year!

• I shall write all the suck stuffs today:
    1, Last night I watched the review of Poland volleyball 2011 (broadcasted by Polsat Sports two days ago) till 3 am, so I get up at 10:30 today with terrible head pain.
    2, I have to mail some materials to three USA schools, which cost me 450 RMB (current in China), and FYI I always spent 1000 RMB every month.
    3, After lunch I check my status of Iowa Statue Univ. application and only to find it is a "hold", according to previous applicants, this would turn to a "reject" some days later. :wall:
    4, I should have studied because we're having a final exam three days later, but I didn't. (And that's my fault, I feel shameful of delaying my works)
    5, It's Christmas night, so I wanted to go to downtown for something delicious. But all I found were people, people and people.
    6, Finally I got a subway sandwich to eat. Hell, this is not the kind of delicious food I was thinking about.
    7, I went to the cinema and find whether there would be any big shots on show tonight. Sadly, I met my instructor there, she asked me, "why don't you write your essay, why don't you do experiments, why don't you finish your applicatoin." She was kidding but actually her words ruined my mood.
    8, Now, I'm sitting in the laboratory and hanging out in the Internet.

• Don't worry, Martee. This year is coming to an end. And I strongly believe that the next year will be better. I have a feeling that somehow everything will work out well. I wish you that with all my heart.

What about me, I'm totally out of Christmas mood and it won't be an exaggeration if I say that these are probably the worst Christmas ever. I cannot wait when it will end... Now, I'm only waiting for another year and I'm full of optimism. Today's morning I watched Summary of 2011 on Polsat as well and it was a reminder that this year wasn't so bad, not at all. But it still could be even better, I know it!
    Btw. I know everything about bad luck. And I hope it's the end of bad-luck-era for me.

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited once, last by bella ().

• heh nice to see not everything has a "peaceful" Christmas time...dont worry guys, it will be better, Im still optimistic :)

• Ttom, you're another unlucky not having fun this Christmas?

I know it will be better, I'm just a silly optimist in pink glasses, so how it could be not better :win:

• lets say yes, this year I dont even feel its Christmas, Im not unlucky at all, but now I have some "worse while", I even dont know why...maybe its because I have a lot of things to solve now, but it will be better, Im optimist Bella, too :)

• Can I join the club? It's not that I had a bad year or I'm in a bad mood (I very rarely, close to never, have regrets about something that I've done or have happened to me) but I don't like Christmas in general. And to be more precise - the Christmas buzz, maddness, advertisements on TV, fake liveliness. You can't control happiness and you can't choose a date (for ex 25 Dec) to be happy. That's why I don't like when in Christmas people are forced to be happy. After all - it's a normal day in the year and it looks awkward how in Christmas everyone pretends to be happy.

So don't worry, I'm also not happy right now(I'm not sad either) and your fortunes actually depend not on the year, the Horoscope or the Chinese calendar but rather on your attitude towards luck and things around you. For ex. Martee (you are the only one who described his/her missfortunes) if you fail to go to your desired University - you can always take a year off and you will make a better and stronger attempt next year. You will have the time and motivation so nothing is lost, it's always the case if you really want it or not. That concerns all of you - don't despair on your bad luck but try to do better so your luck won't be decisive. And don't be afraid of failures, every failure makes you stronger.

Happy Holidays ! :drink:

• about that advertisements I heard a good joke: " do you know why the shops are opened only until 12:00 pm on Christmas day? because they need to prepare for Easter..." :lol:
    yes its true Christmas lost their atmosphere because of this "consume style of life"...but on the other hand thanks god its still possible to ignore the advertisments and everything

• I'm joining the club as well. I'm not in a bad mood or anything like that, not at all, I'm just dissatisfied with the way this year's Christmas looks.
    Most boring time of the year so far. Seriously I just lay on my bed and look at the ceiling, thinking about some weird stuff. And I'm just about to explode when I think that upcoming days can look very similar.

That was one thing. Second thing is kinda similar to Tom's. After Christmas time I'll also have lots of things to solve, and that kinda paralyzes me and makes me feel a little bit afraid. I want Christmas to be over, but at the same time I want it to last as long as possible, 'cause I'm afraid of facing some things later.

Last, but not least- 3rd thing......I can't speak. No, seriously, I literally can not say a word, 'cause it hurts as hell. And it hurts you even more mentally, when you're such a chatterbox like me. Oh and this pain is growing to an enormous size, when you realise that you can miss your New Year's Eve party with your buddies. Now that makes me feel depressed :lol:

That concerns all of you - don't despair on your bad luck but try to do
    better so your luck won't be decisive. And don't be afraid of failures,
    every failure makes you stronger.

Triglav_kran, thank you so much for these words (even though it wasn't addressed to me), I have to write it on my journal and read it every single day. Thanks again, mate.