Hi, there! Greetings from China!

• Hi, guys!
    Glad to be here, the world's hottest volleyball community!
    I am Ocean from China with the most sincere greetings!
    It's my pleasure to know you and hope we can be good friends!
    I love volleyball, and Kasia Skowronska is my favorite player. I am glad we can share insights about volleyball and discuss anything possible.
    What's more, the lunar Chinese New Year is approaching ( Jan 23rd, 2012).
    I wish you all a happy new year! :super:

• Hello to China :wavy:

Welcome to the forum, Ocean :drink:

Enjoy your stay :win:

• Poland is saying hello to China! :wavy:
    Oh, I see I don't have to tell you how wonderful, absolutely addictive, full of fantastic, crazy people and the best ever this forum is (though I just did it, again :aww: ) 'cause you already know it, I guess, as I read in your welcome post.

So nothing more to add besides that: HAVE FUN! :D

+ Nice to see another member from China who likes polish volleyball!

And Kasia Skowrońska is one of my favourite female players so high five! :drink:
    And I like your nickname ^^

Ok, I'm disappearing right now... :gone: :D

• HI, guys!
    Nice to know you all!
    I am curious what you usually do other than watching volleyball games and playing volleyball.

For me, I am a huge sports fan. I love volleyball, but I also like basketball (I watch NBA a lot.....) I know some soccer teams, I like Spain, Italy ( China's national football team sucks! It's been a national shame!) I love tennis, Roger Federer is my favorite, I am not a fan of Nadal nor Djokovic.....

In my spare time, I don't usually hang out...... I prefer watching TV series and movies.....

I envy you guys because being in Europe, you usually know several languages...... The grammars are similar and you can easily learn another foreign language..
    I am sorry that I can only speak English, and a little Japanese..... English seems the easiest foreign language, but I have already studied it for 15 years and still not good enough....( Chinese students are required to learn English since they are in primary school until they go to college)

Anyway, I want to know more about you. Your favorites, your hobbies, your culture, and yourselves! Hope we can be good friends! :drink:

• Hi Bella! Thanks for your kind greetings!

Kasia is one the Polish women volleyball players, and you should be proud of her! Good luck for Polish NT and hope you can get the Olympic qualification.

Actually Ocean is my English name though it's a bit uncommon as it seems. My Chinese name refers to "Ocean" in English, so I just choose Ocean as my English name!

• I envy you guys because being in Europe, you usually know several languages...... The grammars are similar and you can easily learn another foreign language..
    I am sorry that I can only speak English, and a little Japanese..... English seems the easiest foreign language, but I have already studied it for 15 years and still not good enough....( Chinese students are required to learn English since they are in primary school until they go to college)

I envy you that you can speak Japanese even if it's only "a little". I have always been fascinated by Japan, the culture and language. Actually, the whole Asian continent is like a different world for me, Asians are fascinated 'cause they seems to be completely different than I am or any other person from Europe. For example, Martee very often see some things in different way than I and that's why I like to read his posts. And that's why I'm always happy to see on this forum another member from China or any other country from Asia ;)

Anyway, I want to know more about you. Your favorites, your hobbies, your culture, and yourselves! Hope we can be good friends! :drink:

What can I say... I'm crazy about volleyball and sometimes I wish I could kick out some commentator or journalist to be even closer to this sport. I'm totally in love with my white-red guys and it's everlasting love, absolutely everlasting... Of course, I support our girls too. When I was a little girl I prefered watching female volleyball probably because I was in this age - in primary school, I think - when girls don't play with boys and vice versa. I'm a loyal fan and I'm always an optimist no matter how hopeless the situation is ^^

I'm a big fan of handball as well. Watching our handball players gives more or less same results as watching our volleyball players - they give us abnormal dose of emotions, cause heart attacks and they make you can't not love them (because of fighting spirit, big heart to the game and all those stuff :P ). So I get a little confused when matches of volleyball and handball are on tv in the same time (like it was yesterday) :aww:

Talking about sport, since I remember I have been watching ski jumping. Adam Małysz ended his fantastic career and now he's a rally driver so I'm pretty sure that I will start to watch rallies soon :D

I do many many things except watching sport and keeping talking about it. I used to dance a lot, I learned modern dance, latin and ballroom dances but I love salsa the most. I have been dancing since I remember and though I discovered pretty quickly that I had two left feet, I will never stop dancing and I'm going to learn some hip-hop moves as well :roll:

I love to sing. I sing all the time, people around me just have to live with that. What's the best that I'm better in singing than in dancing :D I had a few less and more important performances on stage.

Recently I took up photography. It has been always fascinating for me but only being in college I took this seriously. And now I take pictures of everything that moves, fascinates me or just looks attractively. Photography is one of my biggest love, now... :roll:

Sometimes I talk too much. Or maybe "sometimes" it's not appropriate word... :S Anyway, I use my tongue all the time, I'm everywhere, I have eyes and ears open 24 hours a day and to be honest I don't know why I don't do anything in the direction of education as a journalist. Maybe because I always think I have time. That's why I'm habitually late and I live on the run. In free time I study :D Ok, it's not that I'm lazy or something. I care about my education, really, I do :win:

Ok, pretty enough about me 'cause I'm taking control over the next thread again :sos: If someone read it, anyone, I greet you and wish you happy rest of the day :wavy: :D

Actually Ocean is my English name though it's a bit uncommon as it seems. My Chinese name refers to "Ocean" in English, so I just choose Ocean as my English name!

What a lovely name you have ^^ How it sounds in your language?

• Hi!!! :wavy: :wavy:
    Welcome to the forum!!! :drink: :drink:

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• Welcome!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I envy you that you can speak Japanese even if it's only "a little". I have always been fascinated by Japan, the culture and language. Actually, the whole Asian continent is like a different world for me, Asians are fascinated 'cause they seems to be completely different than I am or any other person from Europe. For example, Martee very often see some things in different way than I and that's why I like to read his posts. And that's why I'm always happy to see on this forum another member from China or any other country from Asia ;)

Bella, what a long article! Your hospitality fighten me! ............................................Just kidding!

I'll answer your question one by one. OK?

First and foremost, now it's past 12 am of Jan 23rd in China. So it's the beginning of a new year in China,TheYear of Dragon! I heard that Poland also has the symbol of dragon, some players had tattoos of dragon (Kasia one of them?). In China dragon is the symbol of the emperor and the imperial family, though it does not exist at all. It's sacred and in the old times, ordinary people were forbidden to use it in painting and construction. Would you like to share the meaning of dragon in Poland?

You are fascinated by Japan and its culture, which is very interesting! Japan has a lot of similarities with China, but also distinctions. Some of Japanese words are borrowed from Chinese, but also from Western languages. It's a culture that merges the essence of many cultures. I can only say a little Japanese, if you want, I can tell you more about it!

But I am even more willing to tell you about China. For example, we have many interesting traditional rituals. The food, everyday life, what's going on in our country, what our people think about our country and the rest of the world, our sports development, our preferences in sport, people's attitude towards many things, why we like our women's NT more than men's, etc.......

So I guess it would be so fascinating for you! I can tell you all I know! :drink:

• Ok, you love handball, volleyball, and ski jumping........To be honest, handball and ski are not quite popular in China. I guess maybe it's due to our physical differences and geographical characteristics. Our Chinese are comparatively less stronger, but more agile than western people...(Poland's in East Europe, but still regarded as the West by Chinese...) So we tend to do better in "smaller balls", ie table tennis, badminton, or sports that require physical flexiblity, ie (water diving, gymnastics) So Chinese tend to develop a better interests in these sports instead of "bigger balls". Also, most of China is warm and there's only a small part of China that is cold enough for winter sports, like skiing...

That's our people's preference in sports.

Singing, dancing, you are an active girl! You come to a lot of parties, right? I want to know what a typical party is like. Do people dress up in costumes, drink a lot, go wild in parties? In China when people hold parties, they usually go to Karaok bars, sing a lot of songs, drink beers, sometimes play the dice. What's the difference when the Polish party?

• Hello Ocean :heart: I love your name/nickname, since I'm obsessed with water! It's really beautiful! Enjoy your stay! :drink:
    Sorry, I will not wirte anything about myself, since I'm known for my tremendously long posts, Bartek secretly loves them, he sleeps like a baby after reading them :lol: Don't want to torture you, but in case you're having any problems with sleep, come to PlusLiga thread and read some of my posts after Jastrzębski's games :rolll:

Have fun!

• Welcome! :wavy:

Yes :)

osuwisko: Thanks for your kind offering of the picture! The tattoo is really cool!

• What a lovely name you have ^^ How it sounds in your language?

My name's pronouncation is very simple. It's similar to "young" in English. It spells like "洋“。 If you guys are interested in Chinese, I can teach you more vocabulary!

• Would you like to share the meaning of dragon in Poland?

The only dragon that came to my mind if it comes to connection with my country is Smok Wawelski (Wawel Dragon). It's a dragon from Kraków (ang. Cracow), former Polish capital. According to legend, during the reign of King Krak in Cracow appeared dragon which demanded the sacrifice of animals and if not the dragon ate people. King Krak send his two sons to kill the dragon. They couldn't defeat the monster so they invented a trick. They gave him a stuffed bovine skin with sulfur and the dragon strangled itself by this. To this day, at the foot of Wawel Hill in Cracow stands a statue of a dragon breathing fire.

Singing, dancing, you are an active girl! You come to a lot of parties, right? I want to know what a typical party is like. Do people dress up in costumes, drink a lot, go wild in parties? In China when people hold parties, they usually go to Karaok bars, sing a lot of songs, drink beers, sometimes play the dice. What's the difference when the Polish party?

Yup, I love parties, but who don't like it? :D
    I don't know if I can tell you about a typical party. There are many people in Poland, everyone likes something different. I love costume parties though I have never been at such type of party (what a pity) but it fascinates me 'cause some of my friends have participated in such parties and they told me this and that. So I am determined to go on a costume party ;)
    About drinking alcohol it depends on people as well but the truth is that it's integral part of the party very often. Though there are still many people having fun without alcohol.
    Karaoke is great stuff :D I love it.

• The only dragon that came to my mind if it comes to connection with my country is Smok Wawelski (Wawel Dragon). It's a dragon from Kraków (ang. Cracow), former Polish capital. According to legend, during the reign of King Krak in Cracow appeared dragon which demanded the sacrifice of animals and if not the dragon ate people. King Krak send his two sons to kill the dragon. They couldn't defeat the monster so they invented a trick. They gave him a stuffed bovine skin with sulfur and the dragon strangled itself by this. To this day, at the foot of Wawel Hill in Cracow stands a statue of a dragon breathing fire.

Yup, I love parties, but who don't like it? :D
    I don't know if I can tell you about a typical party. There are many people in Poland, everyone likes something different. I love costume parties though I have never been at such type of party (what a pity) but it fascinates me 'cause some of my friends have participated in such parties and they told me this and that. So I am determined to go on a costume party ;)
    About drinking alcohol it depends on people as well but the truth is that it's integral part of the party very often. Though there are still many people having fun without alcohol.
    Karaoke is great stuff :D I love it.

What a fascinating story! It's so mystic and attractive!
    I was deeply impressed! There's just one small and interesting difference: Dragon is a symbol of supreme power in CHina but a deadly monster in Poland!