Self-introduction from GalaxyGap

• Hi everybody, nice to meet so many volley fans here. I think it's necessary to make an introduction of myself after joining this forum for a short period of time. I come from China, and have the same surname with Wei Qiuyue or Wei Jizhong, the setter of our women NT and the current FIVB president respectively. So you can call me Mr Wei. But more often my friends like to call me the nick name "GuangGuang", Which is a reduplicated Chinese word used to describe the sounds of clashing metals. So you should expect that I'm a talkative person among my friends, some times even noisy.

I fell in love with this sport in 2007, just because of one person-Wei Qiuyue. Yes, I liked this girl at the first sight of her, and after that I began to pay much attention to her matches and at the same time various volleyball matches, no matter men's or women's, domestic or foreign. During the past years, these guys were sequentially coming into my eyes, Riley Salmon, Maren Brinker, Margareta Kozuch, and Zbigniew Bartman.:lol: :lol: They are all my favorites, and I hope they can continue their volley career as long as possible and take good care of themselves.

As for the favorite teams, besides our NT I'm a hundred-percent supporter of Germany NT. I like this team partly because I'm also their football NT fan. Not long ago in the UEFA EURO, I think the domestic Germany fans were just going through a tough time because their team failed in the semifinal. So was I. It's commonly the fanatic fans who suffer most when their team lost. But what else can we do? Just head up and cry out for them when the next combat comes. I think that is what it means as a fan of a specific team. We experience highs and lows as the team's performance varies, which would make us to think, to persist, and to mature at last. I enjoy every bit of happiness and hardness from the team I support.

Finally, I'd like to say something about the connection between East and West. I think we still have not enough connection to the west world, especially in sports. While the transfer news crowded in the air after every season in European league, there is almost nothing about our players, and I believe we have to see the situation for quite some time: every player in our country plays for only one club for his/her whole sport career. I don't like this situation and want it to be changed one day.

That is all I just remembered to say, and once again nice to meet all of you here! :rolll: :D

• Speaking of Guangguang, what comes to me is "Who Guangguang". :white:

I know what you mean! "Pei Guangguang" is what in your mind, right?... :wall: But it's a different word,"咣"not"光". Actually I don't care whatever my friends call me, just a sign of close friends. :rolll: :rolll:

• Welcome GalaxyGap enjoy your stay, i see you join from Wuhan that i want to visit someday :win:

• Welcome...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Welcome GalaxyGap enjoy your stay, i see you join from Wuhan that i want to visit someday :win:

Wow, thank you, I didn't expect you have interest in our city. As a matter of fact, I was not born in this city but another city in Guangdong province. I have attended collage in this city since 2005, and have almost spent seven years here. Last month I just graduated from my school with a Master of Engineering and found a job here too. So at least I will continually stay in Wuhan for the following several years. If I were here when you come, I'm very pleased to show you around. :D .Here are some tips that might be helpful to you if you are realy planning such a trip some day: the weather here is extremely uncomfortable with a deadly hot summer and chilly winter. So choose a suitable season to come here. late September and October should be the best time in a year to pay your vist here. It's a nice time when the sweet osmanthus blooms the whole city. :flower:

• I would say AWESOME INTRODUCTION, Guang x2 :win: Sounds of clashing metals... Totally crushing :lol:
    I suppose you're very interesting person, I didn't think you're from China 'cause I already talked with you and you didn't have written "location" in your profile, so - quite suprising(or you did?).
    I expect to see you at forum during the Olympic Games(I guess you like also male national team of Germany), would be nice :win:

So, welcome again and hope you'll stay for a long time :) :drink:

• I would say AWESOME INTRODUCTION, Guang x2 :win: Sounds of clashing metals... Totally crushing :lol:
    I suppose you're very interesting person, I didn't think you're from China 'cause I already talked with you and you didn't have written "location" in your profile, so - quite suprising(or you did?).
    I expect to see you at forum during the Olympic Games(I guess you like also male national team of Germany), would be nice :win:

So, welcome again and hope you'll stay for a long time :) :drink:

Yes, we had been going on some conmunication not long ago, and you impressed me. I remember you had Ozil's portrait as the avatar for a period of time. So I suppose you are his fan or even the Germany fooball fan(I'm not sure about the second point :lol: ). Yes I like male natianl team of Germany and I'd prefer much more men's matches then women's. I will stay here as long as I'm free and the Internet is availble. Olympics is a great tournament where players from all over the world would do their best. Surely I'm not going to miss it. :D .

BTW, I did have had my location written in my profile before, maybe you didn't notice it, but it doesn't matter. :P

Thank you, muse, your warm welcome words are really appreciated. :drink:

• Wow, thank you, I didn't expect you have interest in our city. As a matter of fact, I was not born in this city but another city in Guangdong province. I have attended collage in this city since 2005, and have almost spent seven years here. Last month I just graduated from my school with a Master of Engineering and found a job here too. So at least I will continually stay in Wuhan for the following several years. If I were here when you come, I'm very pleased to show you around. :D .Here are some tips that might be helpful to you if you are realy planning such a trip some day: the weather here is extremely uncomfortable with a deadly hot summer and chilly winter. So choose a suitable season to come here. late September and October should be the best time in a year to pay your vist here. It's a nice time when the sweet osmanthus blooms the whole city. :flower:

Thanks for the info about Wuhan :drink: im used to hot weather, its ok :lol: :lol: i would be very glad to met with you face to face :win:

• Yes, we had been going on some conmunication not long ago, and you impressed me. I remember you had Ozil's portrait as the avatar for a period of time. So I suppose you are his fan or even the Germany fooball fan(I'm not sure about the second point :lol: ). Yes I like male natianl team of Germany and I'd prefer much more men's matches then women's. I will stay here as long as I'm free and the Internet is availble. Olympics is a great tournament where players from all over the world would do their best. Surely I'm not going to miss it. :D .

BTW, I did have had my location written in my profile before, maybe you didn't notice it, but it doesn't matter. :P

Thank you, muse, your warm welcome words are really appreciated. :drink:

Well, Ozil is my favourite footballer so I support the teams, in which he plays, actually. I'm not such a fan of this sport to have favourite teams(but I like Netherlands or Italy, of course Poland).
    Nice to see you prefer male volleyball, we will have a lot of occasions to talk :drink:

• I know what you mean! "Pei Guangguang" is what in your mind, right?... :wall: But it's a different word,"咣"not"光". Actually I don't care whatever my friends call me, just a sign of close friends. :rolll: :rolll:

No, I meant 胡光光

• No, I meant 胡光光

Gosh! You make me sick, and my nick name seems not that cute now... :obey: :obey: :obey:

• Thanks for the info about Wuhan :drink: im used to hot weather, its ok :lol: :lol: i would be very glad to met with you face to face :win:

Wow, then you should experience the heat wave here, and then tell what you feel like...haha :D :D Just joking, and anticipate your visit, sincerely.

• Welcome. :flower: "Guang Guang" I don't know you have this cute nickname.I like Grozer , so I will also support German male NT in London.

• Hi there :wavy: Nice to meet you too!

I don't know what Martee have written, but I have to say that "GuangGuang" sounds so awesome! So, you're talkative and noisy? You're my buddy, then :D See u in Olympic Games thread ;)

I guess I don't have to convince you how great this forum is, 'cause you already know it :D But as I wish every new member here - have fun every single time you will be here! Talk a lot, be as noisy as you want and let your love to volleyball be growing bigger and bigger!

Welcome :drink:

• Welcome. :flower: "Guang Guang" I don't know you have this cute nickname.I like Grozer , so I will also support German male NT in London.

Thank you. I'd say, you are everywhere! :mad: :mad:

• Bella, I would like to tell you that you are the few people on this forum who impressed me most :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: Every time I saw your words, I can't help imagining that what an energetic girl here! Yes you are so enthusiastic and passionate. I'm sure I should be the quiet one comparing with you, but I like those girls with your disposition in my daily life. :D :D

• Bella, I would like to tell you that you are the few people on this forum who impressed me most :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: Every time I saw your words, I can't help imagining that what an energetic girl here! Yes you are so enthusiastic and passionate. I'm sure I should be the quiet one comparing with you, but I like those girls with your disposition in my daily life. :D :D

:rose: