You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, December 13th 2016, 8:51pm

Hello all, from another BVB fan. :)

Hello all.

Just a quick introduction as I'm new to this forum. I'm a keen BVB fan, and have had a wonderful Summer (thank you Rio!)

I also run a small supporters website (www.ludwig-walkenhorst.com ) for fans of the German olympic gold medalists Laura & Kira.

Hope to contribute and learn more from these forums in the not too distant future.

Regards,
BVBfan88
BVBfan

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 12:53pm

Welcome to the forum :wavy:

Your fan-site for Laura and Kira is in english, so are you not from Germany?

Generally, there is not too much traffic for Beach Volleyball here. But once you start something, some people, including me, might join in. So don't be shy.....
never mess with your setter......

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 6:05pm

Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

Yes, you are correct.
Ich bin Englisch, aber ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch.
I have an English website supporting a German duo. No wonder my site is not very popular :) It's more of a hobby/tribute than a serious news website though.

Unfortunately there are no BVB superstars over here and virtually no TV coverage. I've just checked the FIVB database and men ranked 59th is the best we have. I've just noticed that this is the same rank as Kay Matysik / Alexander Walkenhorst, Kira Walkenhorst's little bro!

Maybe I'll venture out of the 'Introductions' forum at some point in the future and see what other BVB fans I can find in here. :)

BVBfan88
BVBfan

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Thursday, December 15th 2016, 2:10pm

I've just noticed that this is the same rank as Kay Matysik / Alexander Walkenhorst, Kira Walkenhorst's little bro!

Alex may be be the little bro' in terms of sporting success but actually he is the older brother. A really good player, but so far he has struggled, for whatever reasons, to find the right partner and the right professional environment to be truly succesfull. Last season, he played with at least 4 different partners. Hope it will change because in theory, he got everything to be a top pro beachvolleyballer.
Maybe I'll venture out of the 'Introductions' forum at some point in the future and see what other BVB fans I can find in here.
:super:
never mess with your setter......

Friday, December 16th 2016, 1:06pm

but actually he is the older brother
You are quite right, 'little brother' was a terrible choice of phrase. Not only is he the older of the two, but you can hardly call somebody who is 206cm tall 'little', can you!

Yes, I agree. It would be nice if Kira's big brother could find success with a steady teammate. Especially as his little sister looks like she'll have an injured partner at the start of the 2017 campaign. [Source]

BVBfan88
ludwig-walkenhorst.com
BVBfan