Creating a logo for Inside-Volley

• Well..I hope you have a long career in volleyball, but in any case know you will do just fine as a graphic designer as well! :) Congrats :drink:

Sorry, but I have some doubts on your graphic designer skills. I'm not sharing your enthusiasm at all. This logo looks extremely chaotic and the graphic design is quite poor. At first the ball itself looks like a very old one; the balls used nowadays are more colorful. The graphic lines on the right look like nothing. Are they evocative of speed? And these flags, what for? And the worst is the typeface. It's about impossible to read it in the middle of all these elements. And why are you repeating the logotype 3 times. It's just unnecessarily redundant.

• My little contribution to the contest :)

Yes, it's a really little contribution. When did you "create" that logo? In 1970? Does Inside-Volley need a President of the jury? If yes, I'm in. I don't want to criticise for my pleasure. It's just that all these logos look like nothing. It would be very appreciable if a REAL graphic designer could participate.

• Sorry, but I have some doubts on your graphic designer skills. I'm not sharing your enthusiasm at all. This logo looks extremely chaotic and the graphic design is quite poor. At first the ball itself looks like a very old one; the balls used nowadays are more colorful. The graphic lines on the right look like nothing. Are they evocative of speed? And these flags, what for? And the worst is the typeface. It's about impossible to read it in the middle of all these elements. And why are you repeating the logotype 3 times. It's just unnecessarily redundant.

I didn't want to be rude, but i share the same opinion with quimporte. I could make the same "logo" within 10 minutes. Sorry, but i really can't think about you being a designer. If it is so, show me some of your real work, because that can't be a real designers work :) It looks to me like you've looked over 3 Photoshop Tutorials, threw some colors together and made this logo. Funny is, that you even did not adepted the colors to this page. For me, the actual Logo is the best..

• I don't understand why do you criticize these projects. If you don't like them, ok, everyone have own taste, but criticize...?
    If I would like to have a logo made by (as you said) REAL graphic designer I would go to graphic agency and paid for it, but I think is nice to make something together.
    For me more important is heart than level of designer skills. I'll be happy wearing t-shirt with logo made by our members no matter if will be chaotic or not, form '70 or not.
    Some members of this forum spent part of their free time to make something for Inside-Volley and I really appreciate it!

Sorry, but I have some doubts on your graphic designer skills. I'm not sharing your enthusiasm at all. This logo looks extremely chaotic and the graphic design is quite poor. At first the ball itself looks like a very old one; the balls used nowadays are more colorful. The graphic lines on the right look like nothing. Are they evocative of speed? And these flags, what for? And the worst is the typeface. It's about impossible to read it in the middle of all these elements. And why are you repeating the logotype 3 times. It's just unnecessarily redundant.

I didn't want to be rude, but i share the same opinion with quimporte. I could make the same "logo" within 10 minutes. Sorry, but i really can't think about you being a designer. If it is so, show me some of your real work, because that can't be a real designers work :) It looks to me like you've looked over 3 Photoshop Tutorials, threw some colors together and made this logo. Funny is, that you even did not adepted the colors to this page. For me, the actual Logo is the best..

wow to both of you is all i can say. criticizing is one thing when you can do something better. but if you cant you really have no say. for the record yes i spent a short amount of time on it. i get paid to do things so i did what i could do for the the time i had for a free job. i dont know where you get extremely chaotic as it is a very simple design. im not going to defend my actions as it was something small i did for free. if you insist i looked over 3 tutorials then go look at a few and make one yourself since itll only take you about 10 minutes.

besides, you are on a volleyball website. im sure you have something else to go talk about.

• Yes, it's a really little contribution. When did you "create" that logo? In 1970? Does Inside-Volley need a President of the jury? If yes, I'm in. I don't want to criticise for my pleasure. It's just that all these logos look like nothing. It would be very appreciable if a REAL graphic designer could participate.

I'm not a designer, I'll try to post later my other ideas. Of course they will be as amateur as previous logo and I feel good about it :) At least I tried to help :)

• Hi Justyna,

I would like to send my logo but the size of the attachment seems to be limited to 20 ko. And even smaller, I can't send it. Is it a bug?