Agata Sawicka

• When, where and why did you start to play volleyball, that's something you have ever dreamed of?
    My adventure with volleyball started when I was 8 years old. UKS "9" was my first club. I was always “a walking element”, it’s genes I think, because my mother also played volleyball and I owe Her my beginning moments.

Which NT or club do you like the most for the way they are playing? (you cannot name your own NT or club!)
    Actually, I have never thought about it. But I think BERGAMO is the club I would dream of playing for someday.

What is your most memoriable volleyball moment?
    Winning the gold medal at the European Junior Championships in Croatia, two individual awards at the World Junior Championships and Polish Championships won with Winiary last season … I will never forget those moments.

Some time ago Winiary Kalisz played a tournament in Brazil and got 4th place (not only Kalisz but other teams were not complete). What do you think about the level of Polish league, compared to other leagues?
    I think that the Polish league is on a very high level and if we were to play at such a tournament now, we could try to come in first. But at that time the Brazilian teams were stronger.

You are tall, why did you decide to become a libero, instead of trying out for the other positions?
    Actually I didn’t make that decision by myself. It was at the beginning, when libero appeared in volleyball. I don’t regret anything. All I can do now is thank those people who believed, that I will manage on this difficult position. And my height helps very much, after all I am the tallest libero in Europe (or so I heard) :)

Were you surprised to be called to the Polish NT?
    Yes, I was pleasantly surprised. It is something very beautiful to be able to represent your country.

What kind of music do you listen to? (specially before matches)
    I love music and the type of music I listen to depends on how I feel and what mood I am in.

Do you have any superstitions?
    Of course :) I try to avoid black cats. Actually I am very superstitious although I think it’s all in the head.

What do u like to do in your free-time?
    I don’t have much free time, but when I do find some, I love to be close to my family and friends. I like reading books and I am a soap opera maniac :)

Pictures: reprezentacja.net

• Soap opera, seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I liked the interview with her, I didn't know her mother played as well, and I also avoid black cats, even if I live with one :lol:
    And I had never realized how young she is... I thought she was older!!
    (For the Poles: what does her nickname mean??)

• I also really liked her interview...she seems to be a nice girl....and indeed...she is really tall for a libero...this is fun...I had never notice!!! 8o

And I loved her even more since she would like to play in Bergamo.... :lol:

• Sawicka is a good libero! I think she have a promptitude, and I like she's expression!! 8)