Yulia Andrushko

• Yulia Andrushko

Club: Leningradka St. Petersburg
    Height: 198cm
    Birthdate: 1985
    Playing for the Russian Nationalteam

1) When, where and why did you start playing volleyball?
    I started to practice volleyball at the age of 10 in the belarussian city Grodno. Everything happened accidentally, coaches went to schools and were chosing tall boys and girls. I was asked as well and I agreed to try and then i was caught by the sport so much. I didnt stop because i liked it so much :)

2) Which team u like the most? (you cant name your own)
    I cant name a certain team, i think that every team if it has a good squad and a smart coach. If it comes to that Zarechie Odintsovo closest to that.

3) Which was the most important moment of your career?
    The decisive moment was, when i changed from the juniors to the seniors team at the sport school. And all the other different moments in sports are all important as well.

4) What music do you listen to?
    I like different kinds of music. It depends on my mood. But to name somebody, i'll say DJ Romeo

5) What do u like to do besides playing Volleyball?
    I love to talk and to discuss. Thats why i try to spend my free time with friends. I love to be out of the city and to enjoy nature as well.

6) Do you have any problems being tall?
    I had some complexes when i was at school, but nowadays i have no problems with my height. It is even a big plus in comparison to normal people :) )))

7) What do you think Russian Nationalteam is capable of at the Olympic Games in Beijing?
    I believe that our team will win the Gold medal and rightnow i dont see anything that can prove me wrong.

8.) If you were a coach, which players would you chose to play in your team?
    Zhukova, Sokolova, Gamova, Artamonova, Aguero, Alimova, Fabiana, Togut, Rinieri, Flier. Generally I think there are much more but i cant think of any rightnow :) )))

A special thanks to Yulia for the pics!