Pavel Abramov

• When, where and why did you start to play volleyball?
    On the south-west of Moscow around 1990, in my sportscool - Olimp. Why? By chance.

Do you remember your first match in National Team?
    I remember it was 2001, the World League. The coach - Kondra and Shipulin had been putting me on the cort

Which is the best memory of your career?
    World League 2002, WC 2002. And my second season in Japan.

You played in many different countries (with NT and clubs). Where do you like playing the most?
    I thought hard on that question. Poland is the best but at the same time the worst place to play.

In your opinion, which teams are favourite to medals on Olympic Games?
    Russia, Brasil, Bulgary, USA.

Iskra Odintsovo finished league on 2nd place. Could you make an assessment of season 2007/2008?
    Next club season is still far away. So it's tuff for me to make an assessment (glad to have a dictionary by hand). But one I know. Under nowadays conditions this team will do everithing for gold.

What are your plans for the future?
    To live long and happy. I strongly believe that my destination is making children. As for my sports career (I bit it's what you've asked) I have not decided yet where to play next season.

Name three things that most people don't know about you?
    That's the question to put on the last place - the hardest for me.
    1) I was doing swimming when I was a child and they said I was talanted, but now I'm hardly keeping my body above the water. Even in the sea.
    2) My farther was a soccer player. And I played a lot with him in my childhood. Once he said: "I don't know what you're gonna do in your life, but please, don't try to become a soccer player - don't you see you get lost in your legs?!"
    3) My mother always wanted me to study instead of doing volleyball. But now she's on my every match. And she does not talk to me for several days if we loose.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
    Somwhere between Switzerland, Japan, Cyprus, Poland and my village 220 km from Moscow.

Do you have any dream?
    I'm living it.

Pictures: FIVB, CEV, Świat Siatkówki

• I didn't like him never, but after this interview, I think hie is really nice person.

• Yes, he is a very nice person and, as Ann wrote in other topic, real profesionalist (: Honestly, I thought that he didn't answer on my request, becuse I asked him in a little bit strange way :lol: But he answered and agreed on interview :thumbup: