Wytze Kooistra

• When, where and why did you start to play volleyball?
    I started playing volleyball when I had 8 years. I lived in Sleen (Holland) at the time so I started playing volleyball at V.V. Sleen. I started volleyball because I couldn't choose between tennis/basketball and volleyball. My brother chose volleyball at that time and so I also decided to play volleyball.

Which is the most important victory and the worst defeat of your career?
    One time I played the semi-final play-offs in Holland and in the best-of-five serie we were behind 2-0 and in the third match we were also 2-0 behind and 19-11 in the third set. Than the coach gave me the opportunity to come in together with a new setter we played really good after this and we won the set/match/serie and championship in the end so this made quite some impression to me. For sure I had more nice matches especially in Italy but not as extreme as this one in Holland. The worst defeat I had with Rome, both times for the Coppa Italia we made it till the final but we lost badly 3-0. With the national team we didn't have such extremities till now.

Which are the best skills of your team?
    Currently we have a with our National team great attacking/serve potential. We have a young group and play quite good tactically.

Which National Team or club do you like the most for the way they are playing? (you cannot name your own NT or club)
    I like of course the way Brazil plays it is an organized team with much speed.

What country, of those where you played you memorized most of all and why?
    I liked always the tournament in Olstzyn, the Hubert Wagner memorial. Hopefully we join again next year. There are always lots of people and they like us also to come there. Furthermore the Polish journalist know what they are talking about and are very interested.

Do you have any pre-match ritual?
    Not so much because I don't want it to influence my play if I'm not able to prepare in that particular way.

What do you like to do most of all except playing volleyball? Your biggest hobby?
    I love spending time with my girlfriend, watching movies and eating outside.

Name three things that most people don't know about you.
    I finished university, growed up in a town with only 500 people, nowadays live in Amsterdam.

What is your motto?
    Do what you love and luck will come to you.

Do you have any dream?
    I really want to win the championship in Italy or the Olympics (although for short term winning the Olympics is not so realistic).

Pictures: wytzekooistra.nl

• [align=center]What country, of those where you played you memorized most of all and why?
    I liked always the tournament in Olstzyn, the Hubert Wagner memorial. Hopefully we join again next year. There are always lots of people and they like us also to come there. Furthermore the Polish journalist know what they are talking about and are very interested.

good to know :)

• Thank you very much for this interview, he is very good player.

• In new season in Modena Kooistra won't play as a middle blocker, but as a opposite.

"Siatkówka bowiem jest sportem wyjątkowym..." Z.Ambroziak

"... bo najlepszy w Polsce jest olsztyński AZS!"

• In new season in Modena Kooistra won't play as a middle blocker, but as a opposite.

Where did you found this information?

• I read that he played as an opposite in friendly match against Santa Croce (he scored 25 points) and I asked sb at Polish volleyball forum if he has changed a position and sb confirmed it. But I'm not sure it's true...

• Yes, i read that too. Maybe it's because not the whole team was present. They still have Sartoretti as opposite. We'll see within a few weeks. Honestly I hope he becomes opposite

• But Sartoretti was present, therefore I was shocked Kooistra played as opposite. Andrea is 37 years old and probably he will finish his career soon so maybe it's a reason of movement Wytze on attack.