Aleksandra Przybysz

• When, where and why did you start to play volleyball?
    I started playing volleyball when I was a third-year student of a primary school. There were two reasons which I decided on this discipline for. The first one: at school there was a volleyball-oriented class. The second, more important one was that I preferred volleyball to "dance classes" :)

What memories do you have of the time spent in the Italian league?
    They were three very nice years. I had always dreamt of playing in the Italian league and that dream came true. What is more, I was in a professional club.

Could you compare the Italian league with the Polish league?
    The Italian league is the best league in the world, at least until now. However, numerous countries, including Poland, are starting, slowly, to be her equal.

The most important success and the biggest defeat in you career?
    The most important success: each gold medal in the Polish Championship and the European Championship, with a little indication of the second one.
    The biggest defeat: I try to forget them as quickly as possible so I do not remember now :)

How do you estimate Polish representation’s chances in the Olympic Games?
    The chances are big. I am keeping my fingers crossed and I believe that the girls are capable of obtaining an Olympic medal.

If you were a coach, which players would you chose to play in your team?
    Is many very good players. Maybe:
    -setter: Eleonora Lo Bianco (Italy)
    -middle blockers: Fabiana (Brazil), Agata Mróz (Poland)
    -opposite: Angelina Grun (Germany)
    -outside hitters: Ho Yang (China), Kilic (Russia)
    -libero: Mariola Zenik (Poland)

What would you like to do after ending you career?
    To be honest, I have several plans but nothing specific. I want to finish the studies (I have a bachelor’s degree) – maybe I will manage to do it earlier :)

Do you have any superstitions? (related to matches)
    I try not to be superstitious but sometimes, after winning a match, I wear the same clothes. I mean socks, T-shirt…of course washed :)

What are the three words that describe you?
    It is difficult for me to describe myself…maybe… optimistic, loving my close family and scrupulous...???

Do you have a dream?
    I have a lot of dreams but I am not going to say as it is said that they do not come true if you say them :)
    I think that the most important thing is to be healthy since then you can “help” your dreams.

Thanks to Ola Przybysz for the pics.

• very nice interview! I always liked her and its nice for me now to ge some more info about her personality. And we two are similiar in being superstitous :D

Hej Justyna, do you know when Ola answered these questions?