Dejan Bojovic

• When, where and why did you start to play volleyball?
    I have started to play volleyball when I was 12 years old, and it was in my born town - Smederevska Palanka. It was small club in 3rd division, but I always dreamed about success in sport and I always tried to do my best and now I can be proud on my self. And, why? I don't know, maybe it was destiny.

The most important success and the biggest defeat in your career?
    The game I always remember first when I am thinking about my career is the game in my national team against Poland in world league 2005 in Novi Sad. We won 3:2 with young team against great poland players, like Gruszka, Winiarski, Golas... I played very good and after that match I realised that I can be competitive on the top level volleyball.
    And the biggest defeat could be the lost against Bulgaria in the match for 3rd place in world championship 2006 in Japan. I didn't play the whole match, but it was my first and for now only WC and I was so sad because we didn't take the medal.

What are your weak and strong points?
    In my opinion my weakest point is that I don't perform my best when I'm not the leader of my team during the game. That was my problem when I was playing in Greece.
    And, as for the strong point I could point out my caracter, my fisical potencial and my will.

Do you think Serbia has some chance of winning Olympic Games? What teams do you consider to be favourites?
    This year is particular for every team, and naturaly for Serbia. Olympic games are in our minds from the first moment we get together this summer. I strongly belive that we have the chance to take the medal on the OG, we have a good atmosphere, we are doing great job on the trainings and from match to match in WL we are lifting the level of our play. And every one of us thinks like that, this is for sure.
    And as the first concurent I see of course Brasil, Russia and Bulgaria, but this kind of competition is very unique and every team has right to beleve in success. If we want to make some good place there, we have to enter in every match with 100% of our possibilities.

What do you think about the new ball? Will it influence on the preformance of the teams?
    The new ball looking nice with those stripes, and I think this would be great for the spectators, but I think that is a much different from the old one, and the players need to take some time to get use to it. But after that, I think it will be ok to play with.

What country of those where you played, you memorized most of all and why?
    Except Serbia I played only in Greece and Italy, and I don't have much experience in that sense, but if I have to choose it would be Greece for living and Italy for playing volleyball. I was fascinated with mentality of greek people and how kind they are, and the country is very beautiful. And Italy I see like the best place to play volleyball and to improve your volleyball skills.

Which National Team or club do you like most for the way they are playing? (you cannot name your own NT or club)
    I think that every volleyball player has to respect the team like Brasil and also Italian national team from 90's, because those teams won almost everything. And bouth of these teams had or have great attack.
    I like to watch agresive attackers and I try to give this kind of play when I am on the court.

What do you like to do most of all except playing volleyball? Your biggest hobby?
    I do not have particular hobby, but I like to spend my free time with a good book, I am interested in phisics, I like to learn new languages. And I am a dreamer, and offten I like to be alone to have time just to think about anything.

If you could live anywhere on the world, where would it be?
    It would be some peacefull and calm town in Serbia, where I could be with my family and where I could make my own kingdom. I imagine house with a small garden,my job will be something out of volleyball, and I would like to travel around the world, but always to come back to my base. At the end, you don't need New York or Paris or Rome to be happy, and I only want to be happy like I am now in my life.

Do you have any dream?
    Like I said, I am a dreamer and I have some dreams that I want to make real. One of them is to be the part of my national team on the Olympic games. This is my childhood dream and I will give my best to make this wish come true. I hope I'm on a right track.

Pictures: FIVB and OSSCG

• The game I always remember first when I am thinking about my career is the game in my national team against Poland in world league 2005 in Novi Sad. We won 3:2 with young team against great poland players, like Gruszka, Winiarski, Golas... I played very good and after that match I realised that I can be competitive on the top level volleyball.

I remember that game... Unluckily ;) It was the game which Polish players and supporters will remember for a long time. Poland played well in two parts and in third part to score 22:18 and then Ivan Miljković had great serve. In two last parts Serbia showed fantastic game and enjoyed promotion to final.

I strongly belive that we have the chance to take the medal on the OG, we have a good atmosphere, we are doing great job on the trainings and from match to match in WL we are lifting the level of our play. And every one of us thinks like that, this is for sure.

I also believe in their medal in OG. But certainly gold medal will go to Poland ;)

Nice interview, thanks :)

"Siatkówka bowiem jest sportem wyjątkowym..." Z.Ambroziak

"... bo najlepszy w Polsce jest olsztyński AZS!"

• Somehow I really don't believe and don't think that they will get any medal.. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona