Katarina Barun

• When, where and why did you start to play volleyball?
    I started to play volleyball in Zagreb when I was 14 years old. One volleyball coach accidentally noticed me when I participated at the school comptetition in high jump and invited me to come to volleyball practice.

What is your most memorable volleyball moment?
    My most memorable volleyball moment was when I won Champions League with Bergamo. Although I haven't played in finals I was happy because I helped the team earlier in competition – and of course because I won my first gold!!!!

What do you think about playing in the Russian Championships? Would you accept a proposition if you had one?
    Russian championship becomes stronger year by year because more high level players go there to play. I think that I would accept proposition to play there because it's always nice to play in a strong championship.

What does the possibility of playing for the National Team mean for you? Is it a duty or an honor?
    It's not always easy to play for the national team after a tough season but I like to play for my country and it's an honor for me to represent Croatia.

Are you going to support some teams at the Olympic Games? Which are they?
    My favorite team is Italy not only because they play very good volleyball but also because I played with most of them in Bergamo and I wish them all the best.

Have you ever taken part in beach volley competitions?
    I played beach volleyball 4-5 years ago but just for fun, to have some nice time with my friends.

Is being a left-handed an advantage or a drawback?
    I think it could be only an advantage, never a drawback, because there are not lots of left-handed players.

Do you have any problems because of being tall?
    My only problem is finding shoes and clothes.

What do you like to do most of all, except playing volleyball? Your biggest hobby?
    I like spending time with my friends and boyfriend on the Croatian coast and of course to be home with my family after a season. I don't have any particular hobby.

Do you have any dream?
    My biggest dream is to play with my national team at the Olympic Games.

Pictures: chierivolley.it

• Great!!! Thank you, Justyna! :drink:

I'm wondering, is it some kind of agreement with players not to ask more than 10 questions? I see, that in most or all interviews there are 10 of them, and it's not always enough to appease the hunger of knowledge :lol: ;)

• Aha, yes, that's why she played in Halle. :roll: What was it again, meaningless to play without Poljak and Osmokrovic? :thumbdown:

• yeah just 10 questions per player since most of them complain about little time :D
    But i think if there is an increased demand for one player we could ask for more answers.
    But we need a sign of more interest :lol:

BTW lightmaster, we have interviews of Barun and Brakocevic already, now the last 3 of ur faves missing :lol:

• Aha, yes, that's why she played in Halle. :roll: What was it again, meaningless to play without Poljak and Osmokrovic? :thumbdown:

You are so captious ;)
    She played on Euro 2007 and she plays now. I'm agree with her, that playing in Halle without Poljak and Osmokrovic was meaningless (I would better call it a useful training for the young players), and it was better to have some rest.

• yeah just 10 questions per player since most of them complain about little time :D
    But i think if there is an increased demand for one player we could ask for more answers.
    But we need a sign of more interest :lol:

BTW lightmaster, we have interviews of Barun and Brakocevic already, now the last 3 of ur faves missing :lol:

I have an interest to see 20+ answers from Debby :lol: ;)

Seems, it will be an impossible task to catch up Manon and Jelena... :whistle: