Neslihan Darnel

• When, where and why did you start to play volleyball?
    In Eskisehir, when I was 12 years old I started to play volleyball. My parents sent me to volleyball because I was very naughty at home!

The most important success and the biggest defeat in your career?
    Hard question. Every match has its on importance... I suppose our biggest success was in 2003 European Championships in Ankara when we became 2nd best of Europe... biggest defeat... probably the match we lost against Perugia in 2006 Champions League final four in Cannes. I felt relly sorry.

In your opinion, who is the best player playing on your position?
    Not my favorite question! :))) well I do my best, I am sure all my other collegues in my position do their best too. I think volleyball fans may
    answer your questions more adequately. :)

What do you think about the level of volleyball played in the Spanish league?
    Spanish league has improved its level tremendously recently with many world star players playing there. I think that also contributed into the Spanish National Team's performance as they have taken very good results recently.

What is your plan on the future?
    To play volleyball!!! :)) going step by step. Now focused for Tenerife to win the Spanish title and a successfull European Cup season.

What do you think about transfers in Turkish leauge?
    I think Turkish league is very competitive now. Particularly 3 teams, Vakifbank Gunes Sigorta, Eczacibasi and Telekom seem to be the best teamsnow and it is very hard to distinguish the best one amongst them. And goingforwards looks like Turkey might have more opportunities to fight for the Champions League title.

Which National Team or club do you like the most for the way they are playing? (you cannot name your own NT or club)
    In the last European Championship, definately I enjoyed watching Italy.

What do you think about the preformance of Turkey National Team while you're absent in the team?
    I quite enjoyed watching them in pre Olympic qualification and in Grand Prix. I am highly motivated to join the to repeat the final in 2003 European Championships but this time in Poland instead of in Ankara! :)

What do you like the most in volleyball?
    To play! :)

Do you have any problems because of being tall?
    No, never had any problem. I even got married! :)

What do you like to do most of all except playing volleyball? Your biggest hobby?
    Cooking! Discovering new things to cook. I love it. Particularly during my pregnancy i enjoyed cooking different stuff.

Name three things that most people don't know about you.
    1) very talkative, 2) dont stop making jokes, 3) I can cook not too bad at all ;)

Do you have any dream?
    Make part of Olympic Games... now have to focus on for London 2012.

Pictures: FIVB & neslihandarnel.com

• VERY GOOD innterwiew justyna :drink:

• i have sent my question very late.Thank u Justyna that u sent my question:)

• WE LOVE YOU NESLİHAN.You are very good.You are a very beatiful.....

• Love U Nesli !!!
    But I still can't believe that she was naughty at home... Anyway : parents - great punish !