Virginie De Carne

• Position: Outside Hitter
    Height: 190cm
    Birth Date: May 26, 1977
    Club: Spartak Omsk

1. Do or did you have a rolemodel?

Yes i had some kind of role model, for example the young players who come to see the games wants to be as good as i am one day, so it is imortant to be a good example for them. In the summer i was invited to be a coach for young players and they were really excited about it!

2. You played in so many different leagues. Which one might be the next?
    I don't know, now it is important to choose the best contract, doesn't matter where. In Italy it was very good to grow like a player and in this time the league was very strong, a lot of the best foreingers were there and i learned a lot. Now with this experience and my name i can go anywhere, that means i made good choises through the years! Next year we will see!!

3. In your opinion, which league is the strongest in europe right now?
    I think Russian league is pretty strong because teams have more foreign players now and good ones, also the Russian players stayed in Russia! Turkey is also strong because of the same reason! Economical crisis kills a bit the levels in the countrys where before it was so strong like Italy or Spain!

4. Can you describe what you like about playing and living in russia and what you might disklike?
    It is very different here in Russia, they are behind in their ways of playing volleyball (in female league), the coaches are old and grew up in Karpol school and they don't study better volleyball! It is hard sometimes because when you are a stranger coming from Europe then you know better then the coach here! In Omsk it is nice playing, a lot of people come to see the games!

5. With what players are you good friends?
    Well, in our world it is hard to have good friends but when you have them it is for life. I am very good friends with Magy Glinka, Mira Golubovic, Yelena Pavlova, Bojana Dogancic because i also hear them when i am in Omsk. Then it is always nice when i go to play somewhere and there are ex-teammates playing there then i can say i see my friends back, so after the game we hang out and have long talks.

6. If you were a coach, which 6 players would you choose to play for your team?
    I don't know exactly, good question, being here in Omsk takes me a bit out of European volley. My setter Lo Bianco, opposite Gamova, 4 players Glinka and Godina, centrals Golubovic and Gioli, libero Cardullo, these looked on the players of 'my generation' :-)

7. What is your major goal in volleyball you want to achieve one day? Or have you achieved it already?
    Well, i think i achieved it, of course there are always more goals, for the moment i am happy, sometimes i think more about my goals in life! Having a family and a stability, opening a coffee bar, these kind of goals that have to wait because i am achieving my volleyball goals!

8. What was the last movie you watched in cinema and how did you like it?
    Last movie in cinema was Sex in the City, (here i don't go in cinema, Russian language :-) and i liked it!

9. Where did you spend your last holidays?
    My last holidays of course i spend in Belgium with my friends and family and also i go in Italy every summer to Novara.

10. What kind of music do u like the most?
    I like lots of kind of music, depends of the mood, but i listen the texts always! I like to fall a sleep with relaxing music and before the game i like good pumping music :-). U2 is a group that in all my life i carry with me for example!

11. What subjects were you good at at school? And which you didn't like at all?
    I was good in languages and i didn't like fysics or mathematics, sports i was the best :-)

12. How many tattoos do you have?
    I have 3 tattoos and when my career is finished i want my number '9' still tattood

13. Do/did you have any problems being tall?
    No no problems, i think i found right away my sport where being tall is good :-)

14. Please, name three things that most people don't know about you.
    1. I am shy a lot off times, i can play for thousands of people but when i have to be on stage somewhere i feel like dying :-)
    2. i am very impulsive
    3. I am thinking about it to go back in national team...

15. Do you have a special dream? (not concerning volleyball)?
    My dream : my dream came true, my sister became my best friend, my ant fighted her cancer, i have friends for life, and i have found my love of my life! I never stop dreaming!! If you stop dreaming you stop living!!!

thanks to Virginie for the pictures

• I was really enjoying these answers when reading them. I knew she was a great player, but judging from the answers she seems to be also a great person!
    Im really happy that i've ask her to do this little interview :lol:

• 14. Please, name three things that most people don't know about you.
    3. I am thinking about it to go back in national team...

:drink: Perfect!

• Thank you for this nice interview.it was a pleasure to read it.

• "If you stop dreaming you stop living!!!"
    will be motto of my life :lol:

• Talking about the mottos ı must say ı liked the one that Fiorin said in her interview http://www.inside-volley.com/w…page=Thread&threadID=2994
    ''Be the bullet not the Target''

• When I met her, she was really nice!
    I was pleased to read her interview, even if I think she didn't quite understood the first question (or maybe I didn't :lol: :lol: )

• I like Virginie a lot.;* She's very good player.