Marcus Nilsson

• Position: Opposite
    Height: 206 cm
    Bitrh Date: 07/10/1982
    Club: Iraklis Thessaloniki

When did you start playing volleyball and why did you choose this sport?
    I started when I was about 11-12 years old. At that age I was trying all different kinds of sport, so also volleyball...

What would you have done if you hadn't been a volleyball player?
    Probably I would have continued to study at the university that I started before I left Sweden, and then hopefully gotten a job that I would have been happy with.

What is your most memorable volleyball moment?
    Difficult, but I think I have to say my first year in Iraklis when we won the championship at home. Amazing feeling with all our fans!!

Can you describe what you like about playing and living in Greece and what you might dislake?
    I really like the relaxed lifestyle that Greeks have. The weather is really nice and also the championship is getting stronger and stronger for every year that pass.
    One downside here is that Greeks are not so structured and organized. That's a big difference from Sweden, but you get used to it after a while.

What are your plans on the future?
    I'm taking one year at the time. I will continue to play volleyball as long as I'm enjoying it.

If you were a coach and could create a team with players from all over the world, who would you choose?
    Too difficult. There are way too many great players in the world. I can't choose.

Which National Team or club do you like the most for the way they are playing? (you cannot name your own NT or Club)
    The Brazilian national team has always played a very spectacular and audience friendly volleyball.

What is your favourite place to travel to for volleyball?
    Italy is always nice to go and play in. Poland was a pleasant surprise also, when we went there this year for CL. Great atmosphere at the game.

What do you like to do most of all, except playing volleyball? Your biggest hobby?
    Well, during the season there is not so much time for so many hobbies and during the summer I spend most of my time with my family and friends that I don't see during the season.

What is your favourite movie?
    I watch a lot of movies so I have many favourites. The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button is a new favorite. Seven Pounds is another one.

What kind of music do you listen to?
    I listen to almost all kinds of music.

Please, name three things that most people don't know about you.
    Well, three things that people don't know about me are three personal things. And that's the way they should remain, personal..:)

Do you have any dream?
    Yes, many. One of them is to bring back the CL-trophy to all the fans of Iraklis.

Pictures: CEV and azsczestochowa.pl