LothiePG

Pesaro fanatic

• "LothiePG" is female
  • "LothiePG" started this thread

Favourite Team: USA NT / Scavolini Pesaro

Favourite Players: Metcalf, Guiggi, Skowronska, Sokolova, Fürst

Monday, January 25th 2010, 2:27am

Sheilla Castro

1 - When, where and why did you start to play volleyball? That's something you have ever dreamed of?

I started to play at school, incentived by my family, because I was tall. I really liked it, and started to stand out [among the other girls], then I started playing in Mackenzie. After that, I was selected to play for my state (Minas Gerais) team, and later I got to play in the Brazilian youth team. Becoming a profe
ssional player was something that came naturally...

2 - You went to play in Italy at a very young age. Why? Do you consider that experience to be essential in your carreer as a player?

I went [to Italy] because I thought that the proposal was very good, both financially and for my professional growth, after all I went to play in the best volleyball league of the world!

3 - You returned to Brazil for the season 2008/2009. What was the reason?
I came back because I had a good finantial proposal and because I wanted to be close to my family. The best players of the world are [playing] in Italy, and here in Brazil it [the league] started to grow strong in the last two years.

4 - In the previous league (2008/2009) it was expected that São Caetano could reach the league finals, but didn't make through the semis. Do you believe that this year the team has potential to reach the championship's finals?

[Yes], I believe. I think that we aren't in the best shape yet as a group, but we will improve.

5 - Tournaments like the World Cup and the World Championship are played away from home and you play many games in a row. How do you keep fit to endure the marathon of matches?

We prepare ourselves during the whole year to play championships like that. And our coaching staff knows what to do so we can be in good physical shape during the championships.

6 - The Brazilian national team was, in general, mocked by many people for losing decisive matches. Did you believe that Brazil could become Olympic champion?

I was sure [we would win].

7 - What is, in your opinion, the differential of Brazilian national team compared to others?

Our training, with ball and the physical [part].

8 What are your next goals?

This year my goals are winning the Brazilian league (Superliga) and the World Championship.

Picture: thanks to AP
:offtopic:

sne

Intermediate

Monday, January 25th 2010, 7:19pm

Thanks, LothiePG!

Seems that she doesn"t like to talk much, haha :D

I hope Sheilla will reach her goals, especially the one regarding NT and that this great generation which has been under enormous pressure to achieve everything that previous generations failed to achieve, can finaly say:Missão cumprida.

Tuesday, January 26th 2010, 4:21pm

RE: Sheilla Castro

1 - When, where and why did you start to play volleyball? That's something you have ever dreamed of?

I started to play at school, incentived by my family, because I was tall. I really liked it, and started to stand out [among the other girls], then I started playing in Mackenzie. After that, I was selected to play for my state (Minas Gerais) team, and later I got to play in the Brazilian youth team. Becoming a profe
ssional player was something that came naturally...

2 - You went to play in Italy at a very young age. Why? Do you consider that experience to be essential in your carreer as a player?

I went [to Italy] because I thought that the proposal was very good, both financially and for my professional growth, after all I went to play in the best volleyball league of the world!

3 - You returned to Brazil for the season 2008/2009. What was the reason?
I came back because I had a good finantial proposal and because I wanted to be close to my family. The best players of the world are [playing] in Italy, and here in Brazil it [the league] started to grow strong in the last two years.

4 - In the previous league (2008/2009) it was expected that São Caetano could reach the league finals, but didn't make through the semis. Do you believe that this year the team has potential to reach the championship's finals?

[Yes], I believe. I think that we aren't in the best shape yet as a group, but we will improve.

5 - Tournaments like the World Cup and the World Championship are played away from home and you play many games in a row. How do you keep fit to endure the marathon of matches?

We prepare ourselves during the whole year to play championships like that. And our coaching staff knows what to do so we can be in good physical shape during the championships.

6 - The Brazilian national team was, in general, mocked by many people for losing decisive matches. Did you believe that Brazil could become Olympic champion?

7 - What is, in your opinion, the differential of Brazilian national team compared to others?

Our training, with ball and the physical [part].

8 What are your next goals?

This year my goals are winning the Brazilian league (Superliga) and the World Championship.

Picture: thanks to AP
Thank you.Can you tell me when the interview was? :love:

kadir_8

Master

• "kadir_8" is male

Favourite Team: VakıfBank , Galatasaray Daikin NT: Turkey, Croatia, The Netherlands

Favourite Players: Seda Tokatlıoğlu,Taismary Agüero,Malgorzata Glinka,Neslihan Demir, Maja Poljak,Christiane Fürst,Eda Erdem,Bahar Toksoy ,Destinee Hooker,Gözde Sonsırma,Jelena Nikolic,Neriman Özsoy,Saori Kimura, Gizem Güreşen

Tuesday, January 26th 2010, 7:59pm

She is really good player..I hope she will play in Turkey..I want to see her in Turkey..And I love her quick attacks :D
Vakıfbank Istanbul!!!
2010/2011 and 2012/2013 Champions League winner.12 matches 12 wins :super: :cup: I am proud of my team :heart:

LothiePG

Pesaro fanatic

• "LothiePG" is female
  • "LothiePG" started this thread

Favourite Team: USA NT / Scavolini Pesaro

Favourite Players: Metcalf, Guiggi, Skowronska, Sokolova, Fürst

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 4:35pm

RE: RE: Sheilla Castro

It is very recent! We did it 5 days ago!
:offtopic:

Friday, January 29th 2010, 4:31pm

RE: RE: RE: Sheilla Castro

It is very recent! We did it 5 days ago!
So you mean you interviewed her in person? :cheesy:

Victor

Beginner

• "Victor" is male

Favourite Team: Bergamo.

Favourite Players: Piccinini, Lo Bianco, Logan, Sokolova, Mari, Sheilla.

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 2:10pm

Sheilla! :D :obey: :call:

Flyer

volleyball addicted

• "Flyer" is female

Favourite Players: Sheilla Castro, Mari, Kasia Skowrońska, Manon Flier, Margareta Kozuch, Valentina Arrighetti, Fofao, LEO LO BIANCO

Saturday, February 27th 2010, 11:44am

Thank you a lot LothiePG! Very nice interview.
I wish that we can see her again playing in Italy that will be awesome.
Flyer *CY - #9

Outregeous

Unregistered

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 5:30pm

6 - Did you believe that Brazil could become Olympic champion?

Hm... So if she's so good at it, she should to be a fortune teller ! :)
But seriously, some of her attacks are just... Well I even don't know what to say, I can't find any good word !
And I'll say it again : great interview !

Kk15

Professional

• "Kk15" is female

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 12:07pm

Wow, such honor interviewing her!! I love her passion on the court!

Ömer

Professional

• "Ömer" is male

Favourite Team: Fenerbahçe

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 2:03pm

She is really good player..I hope she will play in Turkey..I want to see her in Turkey..And I love her quick attacks :D
I guess this want will happen.

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 2:42pm

But seriously, some of her attacks are just... Well I even don't know what to say, I can't find any good word !

Did sheilla say something wrong?I don't see how strange that she said "I was sure".

So I think your words is so sarcastic like the jealousy one.

What about her attacks!Let's be clear in your words and pay more respect to the player.

You can comment player's play but not like the way you did!

HeeelMooi

Professional

• "HeeelMooi" is male

Favourite Team: Dutch NT 96'

Favourite Players: Ron Zwerver, PAVEL ABRAMOV, Matej Kazijski, Samuele Papi, Wijsmans, Granvorka, Robert Horstink, Marcus Nilsson, Bas van de Goor, Kurek, Kenia Carcacés

Monday, May 9th 2011, 4:58pm

Did sheilla say something wrong?I don't see how strange that she said "I was sure".

So I think your words is so sarcastic like the jealousy one.

What about her attacks!Let's be clear in your words and pay more respect to the player.

You can comment player's play but not like the way you did!

Wow lost so deep in translation already, why add in an allegation about sarcasm?

Social bookmarks