Sheilla Castro

• 1 - When, where and why did you start to play volleyball? That's something you have ever dreamed of?

I started to play at school, incentived by my family, because I was tall. I really liked it, and started to stand out [among the other girls], then I started playing in Mackenzie. After that, I was selected to play for my state (Minas Gerais) team, and later I got to play in the Brazilian youth team. Becoming a profe
    ssional player was something that came naturally...

2 - You went to play in Italy at a very young age. Why? Do you consider that experience to be essential in your carreer as a player?

I went [to Italy] because I thought that the proposal was very good, both financially and for my professional growth, after all I went to play in the best volleyball league of the world!

3 - You returned to Brazil for the season 2008/2009. What was the reason?
    I came back because I had a good finantial proposal and because I wanted to be close to my family. The best players of the world are [playing] in Italy, and here in Brazil it [the league] started to grow strong in the last two years.

4 - In the previous league (2008/2009) it was expected that São Caetano could reach the league finals, but didn't make through the semis. Do you believe that this year the team has potential to reach the championship's finals?

[Yes], I believe. I think that we aren't in the best shape yet as a group, but we will improve.

5 - Tournaments like the World Cup and the World Championship are played away from home and you play many games in a row. How do you keep fit to endure the marathon of matches?

We prepare ourselves during the whole year to play championships like that. And our coaching staff knows what to do so we can be in good physical shape during the championships.

6 - The Brazilian national team was, in general, mocked by many people for losing decisive matches. Did you believe that Brazil could become Olympic champion?

I was sure [we would win].

7 - What is, in your opinion, the differential of Brazilian national team compared to others?

Our training, with ball and the physical [part].

8 What are your next goals?

This year my goals are winning the Brazilian league (Superliga) and the World Championship.

Picture: thanks to AP

• Thanks, LothiePG!

Seems that she doesn"t like to talk much, haha :D

I hope Sheilla will reach her goals, especially the one regarding NT and that this great generation which has been under enormous pressure to achieve everything that previous generations failed to achieve, can finaly say:Missão cumprida.

• Thank you.Can you tell me when the interview was? :love:

• Thank you a lot LothiePG! Very nice interview.
    I wish that we can see her again playing in Italy that will be awesome.

• 6 - Did you believe that Brazil could become Olympic champion?

I was sure [we would win].

Hm... So if she's so good at it, she should to be a fortune teller ! :)
    But seriously, some of her attacks are just... Well I even don't know what to say, I can't find any good word !
    And I'll say it again : great interview !

• Hm... So if she's so good at it, she should to be a fortune teller ! :)
    But seriously, some of her attacks are just... Well I even don't know what to say, I can't find any good word !
    And I'll say it again : great interview !

Did sheilla say something wrong?I don't see how strange that she said "I was sure".

So I think your words is so sarcastic like the jealousy one.

What about her attacks!Let's be clear in your words and pay more respect to the player.

You can comment player's play but not like the way you did!

• Wow lost so deep in translation already, why add in an allegation about sarcasm?