World Handball

• I do! Know nothing about female handball and wanted to get to know sth :D I watched last friendly match Poland - Brazil and I liked our girls playing (Wojtas with the bombs in Bielecki style :cheesy: and btw. such a wonderful goal by Ana Rodrigues :obey: ). So I'll support them. They just crashed Paraguay 40:6 8) Well, nothing to be very excited, looking for the result I guess Paraguay is not the strongest. So I'm waiting for stronger rival to see what our girls are capable of ;)

• Well, we have the defending champion, Norway, in our group, so that should be pretty exciting game :D Also bronze medalists from last WCh, Spain - another tough game. I think we should fight with Angola for the third place.

• Poland is most improving team in the world handball in last 3-4 years, they beat very strong Sweds in the preliminaries playoff. Kudlacz and Byzdra are world class players. So I expect surprises from Poland, especially their game vs Spain on Monday will be interesting. As the draw went Poland I think will face Germany or Romania in the 1/8 finals. It will be tough, but not impossible. If Poland will make it to the 1/4 that would be great achievement, I support Polish team, as well as Brazil and Holland.

• I never saw one game of Polish team playing...but Im quite excited to watch it now with your comments! :) Semisonic you are officially my handball wikipedia..hehehe :thumbsup:

Hopefully Poland and Brazil can be good surprises this Wch then! ;)

• I never saw one game of Polish team playing...but Im quite excited to watch it now with your comments! :) Semisonic you are officially my handball wikipedia..hehehe :thumbsup:

Hopefully Poland and Brazil can be good surprises this Wch then! ;)

:drink: I'm glad you've choose me to be your handball wikipedia)) I'm sure you won't regret following this Wch, for the first time in years there's no clear favorite, there are many strong equal teams (including Brazil), so the fight for medals will be very exciting!

• Poland is most improving team in the world handball in last 3-4 years, they beat very strong Sweds in the preliminaries playoff. Kudlacz and Byzdra are world class players. So I expect surprises from Poland, especially their game vs Spain on Monday will be interesting. As the draw went Poland I think will face Germany or Romania in the 1/8 finals. It will be tough, but not impossible. If Poland will make it to the 1/4 that would be great achievement, I support Polish team, as well as Brazil and Holland.

Having Kim Rasmussen as a head coach is paying off. As for our best players, I would definitely add Kinga Grzyb, maiden name Polenz. She was one of our leaders for many years.

• I will watch in the later rounds. The first handball I watched some years ago was one of Norway's dominating performances, so I usually support them. But I am glad to see the sport becoming more competitive.

• I So I'll support them. They just crashed Paraguay 40:6 8) Well, nothing to be very excited, looking for the result I guess Paraguay is not the strongest. So I'm waiting for stronger rival to see what our girls are capable of ;)

In "volleyball terms" Paraguay is Algeria, if not even worse. I've always argued that 4 WCh sports for America is way too many, the only team other than Brazil with a remotely acceptable level for a major competition is Argentina, and even that is questionable.
    But Poland certainly has a very promising team and their matches against Spain and Norway can be exciting. And don't even count Angola out, they have an interesting team and can be quite unpredictable!

• :drink: I'm glad you've choose me to be your handball wikipedia)) I'm sure you won't regret following this Wch, for the first time in years there's no clear favorite, there are many strong equal teams (including Brazil), so the fight for medals will be very exciting!

I know for sure I wont regret..hehehe

It would be nice to see the brazilian girls winning one medal at least...it would be first time in history... maybe it you give them more attention here in the country..and they deserve it.

• It would be nice to see the brazilian girls winning one medal at least...it would be first time in history... maybe it you give them more attention here in the country..and they deserve it.

I'm not sure more attention will be. If Russia is anything to go by, our team in last decade has won 4 out of 5 World championships and nobody cared in the slightest( Sportv doesn't bother to show this WCh, so most of the country doesn't see it( But anyway at least for the girls themselves I wish they would win a medal. I think this Selecao is very sympathetic team. Great win today against Serbia, very proud of them!

• Japan is Black Horse.

Poland.. for sure will play in Women's Floorball European Championships Quarterfinal today vs 2011 Bronze Medalist and Host Czech Republic.

• Poland just beat Romania 31-29 and made it to the 1/4 finals! I congratulate all Polish fans with this heroic win! I'm also happy that the team did just what I wished them to do! Next hurdle is even harder - France, but nothing is impossible! Go Polska!)

• Poland just beat Romania 31-29 and made it to the 1/4 finals! I congratulate all Polish fans with this heroic win! I'm also happy that the team did just what I wished them to do! Next hurdle is even harder - France, but nothing is impossible! Go Polska!)

Thank you!!
    I'm so happy for them!! What a thriller! Our volleyball players would be so proud of that comeback :box: I thought they won't make it, cause of the silly mistakes they sometimes did, but Gapska went into some kind of zone and stopped every Romanian attack. Great match by Wojtas, but form me the best player of the match was Kinga Polenz (Grzyb).
    I'm not really sure what to say, except that as a fan, one lives for moments like this. :obey:

• Poland - Romania... This was insane! :obey: I'm still thrilled with the way our girls finished it. They were losing with 4-5 points almost whole game just to equalize in 54 minute and totally won it later. Sick! Romanians were beating our asses hardly... on our side poor playing in goal while Romanian goalkeeper was like a wall, missed clear opportunities in attack... But still I didn't give up watching. After so many thrillers founded by our boys I knew impossible is nothing :D And something clicked suddenly :obey: I totally love our coach :heart: "Dziewczyny, keep it up" :thumbsup: Alina Wojtas impressed me so much again. She can attack so in Bielecki style :thumbup: I know not the best comparison to compare male and female handball but I see so many cases similar. Playing in diminution went better than in advantage - how much it amused me, at once I saw our boys playing like monsters with one or two players less than the opponent and losing goals while playing in advantage :P Kinga Grzyb was our strongest weapon, big respect for keeping this level whole match :obey: And in the end Gapska show... Holy smoke, like Wichary on ECh 2012 :cheesy: Magic!

I'm so freakin' proud. Keep it up, dziewczyny :D

• "Dziewczyny, keep it up"

I LOVED it when Rasmussen took his last time out (30 seconds before the end of the match), when we were up by 2 goals and dziewczyny ( :D ) started celebrating and he just screamed 'SHUT UP!' and then there was the silence and he gave his instructions. That was just epic :lol: And it reminded me of Wenta and our match against Norway in 2009.

And I agree about comparing Alina to Karol, it's almost the same style :super:

• Semisonic...what do u think about Hungary win over Spain?

And what do u think are Brazil chances to maybe reach semifinals? Is it possible?

#RaçaBrasil
    #GoBrazil

Spanish team so dramatically underperformed in that game, I was very disappointed. Even Silvia Navarro was far her common self. Hungary are still far from their best game, but they are improving and against Spain played not that badly I would say. Sol Brazil is the favorite for me, only girls have to come out and fight. I wasn't very happy with the way they played against Holland. I think they underestimated dutch girls, but could turn the game around. If Brazil could produce the same level as against Serbia and Denmark, everything will be ok. If not - it's gonna be a very hard game. And it's going to be even more important as I'm very sure that the winner of this game will beat Germany or Denmark in the semis. For me this Brazil-Hungary game is a game for final.