World Handball

• Spanish team so dramatically underperformed in that game, I was very disappointed. Even Silvia Navarro was far her common self. Hungary are still far from their best game, but they are improving and against Spain played not that badly I would say. Sol Brazil is the favorite for me, only girls have to come out and fight. I wasn't very happy with the way they played against Holland. I think they underestimated dutch girls, but could turn the game around. If Brazil could produce the same level as against Serbia and Denmark, everything will be ok. If not - it's gonna be a very hard game. And it's going to be even more important as I'm very sure that the winner of this game will beat Germany or Denmark in the semis. For me this Brazil-Hungary game is a game for final.

Thanks dear.

From what Ive read...the brazilian girls admitted they were really nervous in the beginning of the game. You know...they did so well in first round they were afraid of letting all they conquered go in the decisive phase... But I guess they just need to do what they do best..and forget about any external preassure.

I hope reach semifinals! :) Would be awesome! :)

• I LOVED it when Rasmussen took his last time out (30 seconds before the end of the match), when we were up by 2 goals and dziewczyny ( :D ) started celebrating and he just screamed 'SHUT UP!' and then there was the silence and he gave his instructions. That was just epic :lol: And it reminded me of Wenta and our match against Norway in 2009.

And I agree about comparing Alina to Karol, it's almost the same style :super:

Oh lol... I was that excited or maybe they were that loud that I didn't even hear Rasmussen's "shut up" :D Love our coach. Totally.

• Hungary definitely played their best game of the tournament against Spain. If they repeat that kind of performance against Brazil the chances are at least 50-50%. But it's very doubtful if they can keep it up.
    This is an excellent opportunity for Brazil to make a big impact on the world stage and I wonder if they can handle it mentally. Hungarians have more experience in that regard. Plus, the most dangerous Brazilian shooter, Eduarda Amorim, plays in Hungary and they certainly know her very well. On the other hand, she knows the Hungarian defence and keepers too.

A very dramatic game between Serbia and Korea last night. Serbia was leading by 6 goals at some point but the Koreans managed to narrow down the gap bit by bit and equalite with just 10 seconds to go. And then Serbia scored in the very last second and went through. Crazy!

• Poland is Semis vs 2011 WCH Runner Up France 22-21 :!:

They led 3 pts but of course Poland without nerves doesn't exist.

• Congrats Poland!!!!Amazing win!!!!! Congrats my friends!!!

Brazil is making so many erros today..but we are still alive..overtime..Ill probably have a heartattack before the end hehehehehe

• We did id, we did it, we did it, WE DID IT!!!!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: :obey:

• My God. We're a shock for handball world. I hope guys are watching our girls carefully in front of their TVs. 'Cause they're showing how without complexes win with titled teams. They simply have the balls :D I'm already proud but I want to be even more. Appetite comes with eating, as they say. So, dziewczyny, don't stop on that :super:

• Poland is in World Top 4 but.. from other hand is almost eliminated from 2014 Euro Champs from preliminary group, where 2 Teams will advance to Finals, by loss vs Montenegro and Czech Republic.

• When was the last time a non european team reached semifinals in world championship?

South Korea in 2003, winning the bronze medal.
    They have for years and years been by far the best non-European team, being the World champions in 1995 and Olympic winners in 1988 and 1992, also winning silver at OG '96 and '04 and bronze in '08.

Now Brazil look set to take over that role. :thumbsup:

• When was the last time a non european team reached semifinals in world championship?

According to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHF_World_Women's_Handball_Championship it was in 2003, when South Korea got the bronze. Frankly, they are the only non-european team that reached F4 in the history, and they did it twice. Well, till now :D

Edit:

JoanaBG beat me by 2, damn! :lol:

• Thanks girls! ;)

It is historical for us to see these girls reach semifinals. Specially cause can give them the confidence to who knows...maybe fight for a medal in Olympic Games in Rio..playing at home. :)

Today a sport newspaper here came with three pages talking about this handball team!!! Im so happy for them..for gainning this space in the media..they deserve it! :) Handball here dont have the attention it has in Europe...though it is one of the most popular sports in high school to practice.

Anyway...excited to follow the semifinals..will be two amazing games! Good luck everyone! ;)

• Today a sport newspaper here came with three pages talking about this handball team!!!

Believie it or not, but it's pretty much the same here. After the match with France Alina Wojtas said in an interview that Przegląd Sportowy (still the biggest sport magazin in Poland, despite writting for 20 out of 24 pages about football only :rolleyes: ) put her photo on the front page and she couldn't believe that women's handball would ever get a chance for something like that. And she asked her parents to buy the magazin, cause it was a historic moment for this sport in our country. Of course all the media in Poland went crazy too and I do hope it's not just one time thing and that the girls will get the media attention they deserve.

Anyway, whatever happens, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the match against Brazil :D

• Well, it's the same in Serbia. :D The new world record in WCh crowd attendence was set last night with 16000 people watching the game between Serbia and Norway. I would have never imagined that so many people would show up to watch women's handball which was basically a dead sport here after many scandals and problems in the last 10 years. It's truly amazing.