World Basketball

• StarNight

Vesela, Yacoubou and Wauters are all European, there is no limit for Europeans in EL.
    They have 2 non European players Moore and Jackson. I couldn't understand it ?(
    Gs already take Prince as a guard i was trying to say they should have transferred a guard who can set the game well. Like Becky Hammon or like Sue Bird :lol: Anyway i won't talk about Gs anymore :lol: I just wish them success :white:
    Ummc is the strongest team with Parker+ Pondexter or Bird+ Pondexter or Parker + Pondexter or Bird+ Parker. It doesn't matter i think :lol: Their european players are as strong as their Americans i think.

• dexter

I have a question i heard that for EL teams can put 2 europeans and 2 non europeans to roster.Isn't it?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Yea thats pretier :lol: Thank you for answer :flower:

• Well with these rules teams started to bring American players to their citizens (Lyttle,Nolan,Prince,Hammon ) and many others who i don't know :lol: Well thats unfair but w/o the limit the balance of teams would be so diffrent between americans and europeans.Now its more fairy guess.

• Fenerbahce is in TROUBLE..

After Fenerbahce's president Aziz Yıldırım was under arrested, Fenerbahce Women Basketball team go into a trouble. Fenerbahce Women's Basketball team hasn't a sponsor and Aziz Yıldırım helped this team a lot(money). In the local newspapers it is said that the managers of the club told the players that it is possible they can't afford their necessarily in their contracts so if they find themselves a club, they can leave. After that Turkish NT star players Birsel Vardarlı,Nevriye Yılmaz,Esmeral Tunçluer; WNBA star players Angel McCouthry and Penny Taylor can leave if they want. Because this players get really high money from the club.

Today, in the newspapers it is said that Galatasaray Medical Park is interested in Birsel and Nevriye. I read in fanatik.com.tr that Birsel will play for Galatasaray MP for sure and Nevriye is very close to signing.But there isn't an offical news from Galatasaray MP. These 2 big players get some offers from European teams too..UMMC Ekaterinburg is interested in Nevriye Yılmaz, Spanish Ros Casares and Czech USK Prag and some other European Clubs are interested in Birsel.

I can't explain the situation very well :S I really look forward what is gonna happen!

• Yüksek Divan Kurulu Başkanımız Sayın Yüksel Günay bugün ki Yüksek Divan Kurulu´nda açıkladı.

´´Hiçbir amatör branşımız kapanmayacak‚ Bayan Basketbolunda küçülmeye gidilmeyecek. Hiçbir Bayan Basketbolcumuz bırakılmayacak´´ ;)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Well Burak You don't know day and hour...
    KGB does job very good. First basketball, then volleyball section of Fenerbahce...
    Everything goes in positive with My plan...

• Hope this is going to not happend so why Galatasaray MP transfered those stars and play against who than? :teach: I want a league with more action :lol:

• SuperCup Women [Salamanca, October]

ESP Halcon Perfumerias Avenida Salamanca [Euroleague Champion] - ISR Elitzur Ramla [Eurocup Champion]

• Ayse Cora's impressive displays for Turkey at the U20 European Championship Women have helped earn her a switch to Galatasaray.

The Euroleague Women club have snapped up the 18-year-old from Besiktas after seeing her average 12.6 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.8 assists as Turkey finished ninth in Serbia.

Cora, who has also represented Turkey at U17 and U18 levels, spent three seasons with Besiktas but struggled to get playing time - something she will now hope she has shown she deserves.

Cora has signed a one-year deal with her new club.

• Swedish forward Farhiya Abdi averaged 17.3 points and 5.3 rebounds and made the All Tournament Team at the U20 European Championship Women, Division B

Former EuroLeague Women champions Frisco Brno are likely to have the youngest team in the competition when it gets underway in October.

The Czech club have placed a strong emphasis on emerging talent by adding five new faces with an average age of less than twenty one.

Having had a distinct Swedish flavour last season with Louice Halvarsson and Frida Eldebrink, the pair have been replaced by another young Swedish duo in Farhiya Abdi and Martina Staalvant.

Teenager Abdi was the stand-out performer for her country at the U20 European Championship Division B earlier this summer where she propelled her team to the gold medal.

Staalvant will make the step up to the EuroLeague Women having played in the EuroCup Women with Gran Canaria 2014 La Caja De Canarias.

Eighteen-year-old small forward Marta Páleníková will hop across the border from BK Inpek Nitra full of confidence after a strong display for her country at the U20 European Championship, where she helped preserve Division A status for the Slovak Republic.

American pair Jasmine Thomas and Ta'Shia Phillips will embark on their first season overseas in what is proving to be an eventful year for them.

Having graduated from Duke and Xavier respectively, they debuted in the WNBA together with Washington Mystics.

Guard Thomas has posted some solid numbers although Phillips has found it tougher and was recently traded to New York Liberty.

Meanwhile Tereza Sedláčková, Barbora Kašpárková and Monika Šívrová have all re-signed with the club.

• There is a very nice interview with George Dikeolakos on Fiba website.

Some Headlines:

"The truth is that I'm coming to a great team where anything else except titles is a failure. But, this season is also a strange season considering the problems that we have faced in recent months. A few weeks ago, I wasn't sure if we would even exist as a team, but the love and personal sacrifice of some people of the board of Fener kept the team alive, which gives us all another reason to sacrifice ourselves on the court."

"I must wait to see my players on the court, to see what stimulants they react to, so I can tell everyone more things about our type of game. The only sure thing that I can say is that this year is that our leader and our star will be the team itself! I like team basketball, and the stars of the team to work for the team, as of course the team work for them. I believe that all players must have their role in the team. It's really hard to do that but there is no other way to make teams take a few steps more than they did during previous years."

"Elina is becoming a great player, and it's up to her if she will become the best point guard in Europe or just one of the good European point guards out there. It's unbelievable the way she works so hard, but what I like more is she brings results to her team and that's why she has been able to take this big step in her career. Personally, I believe a lot in her talent and that's why I gave her the chance even from last year by putting her at the National team and ever since then, she never disappointed me. What fans can expect from her is the same thing that I will demand from all of our players - to be a good team-mate and not just good players who will give everything they have for their team."

"First of all, I have to say congratulations to everybody on the team for this success! It would be unfair after such a success to give credits to just a few players. Many players from this team (Turkish NT) impressed me and of course yes, some of them belong to Fener. However the secret of this team was somewhere between the good chemistry between the players themselves, between the players and coach, and of course the good performances of each player in their respective roles. But I must say that I also believe that Birsel Vardarli should be in the All Tournament team." (Definitely :super: )