World Basketball

• Congrats Ekat.. Nice to see Candace Parker playing vs Fenerbahce :)

We lost Penny.. Penny misses wnba season and olympics game ;(

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• congratulations to Galatasaray and Bartek, I know how much you love Ekaterinburg :drink:

unfortunaltey I cannot be that happy, because my team did not qualify, but nevertheless I am looking forward to Ros caceres :wavy:

• wow Caceres is so close to cup congratulations :flower:

• Final
    Ros Casares 65 - 52 Rivas Ecopolis

Rivas could score 11 pts in the 3rd quarter and 4 in the 4th and Rivas couldn't score for last 7 minutes.
    Congratulations to Ros Casares.

Final-8 Standings

1. Ros Casares
    2. Rivas Ecopolis
    3. UMMC Ekaterinburg
    4. Fenerbahçe
    5. Galatasaray MP
    6. Sparta&K M.R. Vidnoje
    7. Beretta-Famila
    8. Wisla Can-Pack

MVP of the tournament : Asjha Jones (Rivas Ecopolis)
    What a bad Ceremony by the way.

• I think this was one of the toughest games in the tournament but congrats Ros.

Rivas has been playing very well during the tournament :win:

I think Fenerbahce missed a great chance to do something really good :(

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• [quote='filedefener',index.php?page=Thread&postID=145500#post145500]Bartek what's your problem with Turkish teams (especially) Fenerbahce and Turkey ?

you are writing provocative messages when a russian teams defeats turkish teams :?:

I don't understand You. Where did You see provocative post?- show Me element.

• Official news: S.Augustus and Candice Dupree stay another year in Spartak

Penny Taylor misses WNBA season and olympic games ;(

• source

Derby as war

Just above my head exploding firecracker Noisy. For a moment, ringing in my ears, there is silence. But then again, I hear this noise. Think you know everything about fan behavior? And you were in Istanbul derby women's basketball?

Imagine a football derby Krakow, Warsaw, Gdańsk and Łódź. At the same time. Now put it all into the hall with a capacity of 10 000 of the most fanatical. Multiply times three, and get Turkey's capital derby.

- Welcome to Southern Europe - smiles Fenerbahce coach, George Dikeoulakos.

Eight Euroleague Final in Istanbul. In the stands, take a picnic, on the dance floor sporting competition for points. Idyll. In the afternoon, the image starts to change, however.

Just go out for a while from the hall to find out that the idyll did not last long. Everywhere, literally around every corner lurks a squadron of police. There are sprinkler, are prisoners. Police officers in full riot gear, running from place to place. They hide in the bushes. - You'll see what happens. For us this is normal, but all the guests are shocked - says one of the local journalists.

About 20:45 on the floor run their women's teams Fenerbahce and Galatasaray. It will be a special match, because the hall is divided equally to fans two teams.

Fenerbahce fans gather at the local railway station. Each new train is packed to the limit. The fans do not look drunk, but his eyes are amok :lol: :lol: :lol: . The platform shedding, foaming from the fans mouths :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: . They are accompanied by loud singing and bangers bang. The eyes should be around the head. In the air, whistle rockets, not all fly straight up. Some fly alarmingly low. Instinctively, the repeal.
    One of firecrackers exploding in the pedestrian underpass under the feet of an elderly man. Stands stunned for a moment does not know what's going on :D . From the window of the departing train puffs of smoke emerge :white: . Fener fans left behind a strobe lit, and the other passengers are trying to extinguish a small fire.

The police look at it calmly. From a safe distance, inhaling cigarettes. Fenerbahce fans know what to do. Do not stop singing melodious songs of Galatasaray. Finally, form a column and move toward the hall.

Galata fans were there. Where from? I have no idea. There are about four thousand. The same number of tickets received by their enemies. Thus fell this year's attendance record in the Euroleague.

"It would be like putting hand in the jug" :lol: :lol: - I think. And I am right. As I enter the hall, I feel the smell of smoke, it is hot and stuffy. And loudly. The roar of no where to run, bounces off the roof and back. I stand by sector Fenerbahce fans and I only hear them. When you sing, when the whistle (świdruje in the ears!) Where each basket to celebrate a goal in a football match gained. This is a wild roar.

But it has its charm. You can see how much they enjoy the victory. A doping discipline is high. Evenly and rhythmically singing everyone from teenage girls, the men already advanced in age.

Not everyone, however, can keep calm. On the dance floor crackers land stun, strobes, coins, bottles of water. Nobody even thinks about it, to stop the match. Objects that land on the floor are immediately discarded. Only a dozen police officers using hand-held cameras are trying to determine the perpetrators. I look at the journalists. They make their peace, they describe events boiskowe. Something is happening in the stands?
    I already do not know what to look for. Right next to the strobe arrives. Someone is trying to extinguish it with your shoe. Bad idea. Sole is also starting to burn quickly.

The atmosphere of the war begins to affect the game. Players are ready to claw their eyes. :lol: :lol: :lol: - Fans expect us to treat our opponents as mortal enemies. I
    think they are successful, while outside floor trying to keep a good
    relationship - says an American in the colors of Fenerbahce, Angel
    McCoughtry.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone on this all there is. The police seem to be satisfied the course of the situation. Sector buffer does not consist only of empty chairs, the living wall made up of hundreds of officers. Having completed the game, move the baton to the rabid fans of Galatasaray. Defeat in the derby nobody hates smooth.

- The fact that such things seem strange, especially in women's matches. Of course, all working to civilize the behavior of our supporters - says Dikeoulakos. - It is not easy, because we feel we have a different mentality. Welcome to basketball derby of Athens. Then it happens - he adds with a smile.

I believe the word. Dikeoulakos has reason to rejoice, because the girls gave their all. Wyszarpały win, but at some point lost to rivals already nine points. When Diana Taurasi takes the personal, the second wave, something falls on it from the stands :white: . SHe tries to protest, but the referee quickly rejects the object that hit her and orders to continue playing.

Those were the last moments of Galata. The tip is to Fenerbahce. Earn one point for point and go out in the eyes of her rivals. - Before each game that sportsmen say, tried to distance itself from what is happening in the stands. In such a game like this but it is extremely difficult and not all you are doing this - says Dikeoulakos.

At the end of the match dance floor like the bombing site. Players consider not only the rival. What the next move must avoid flying objects. Flies strobe, both teams suspend action. Someone runs up on the floor, collect firecrackers, puts them in a bucket of water, and the game is resumed immediately.

McCoughtry ensures that he could not get used to playing in such an atmosphere. - For the WNBA in any way can not be compared. These are two completely different worlds. How do I tell people how it is here, no one wants to believe me. In the beginning I was afraid, because I think it's dangerous. Now I try not to think about the threat, just move along. I obviously do not understand what the opposing team fans sing - he adds with a laugh.

He says that the league is like, but still there are differences. - Frequently in such cases the visiting fans are not allowed in the grandstand. This time the match was organized by FIBA and it forced the presence of fans of both teams in the hall - says Dikeoulakos. Activists club also compete. Galatasaray played in the Final Eight only because that is the organizer of this year's event. - They bought the place. This is not the attitude of the fair - I heard in Fener.

Not surprisingly, fought for the win until the end. When the euphoria experienced Fenerbahce fans and their rivals on the other side of the hall went to the police. This, using batons, quickly drove them out of the hall. Fans in yellow and blue colors have to wait a while for the output. The most desirable object is now a bottle of water. Just come out and finally, small buses rozjadą to their homes. Istanbul is one of them again. For the next derby. In any discipline. :box:

• Well, I must say that I am not convinced with both Galatasaray and Fenerbahce's games..They both could do better of course..Rivas made a huge surprise for everybody, I am curious if they had expected that before the tournament :D Jones was unstoppable :super: She isn't inclueded in US NT Olympic squad, but still there is one player gap and I hope I can watch Jones in Oliympics..Ros Casares absouletely deserved that title..They had very wide roster in every positions.They had the best 4-5 position players : Lyttle,Wauters,Yacoubu,Vesela,Jackson..Congratulations Ros Casares :win:

Big possible (%99) Ann Wauters will play for Galatasaray next season..I saw that news from every basketball sites and forums..Sports TV announced it too..I think Galatasaray waits the end of the season to confirm the news :win: Fowles made a 2 year deal last year so she will stay for next year..Alba Torrens will be back in september or october..I hope Prince and Taurasi will stay too..The coach will be foreigner for sure and no matter Galatasaray will win or lost the league, coach will be different for the next season..

• According to rumors Fenerbahçe interested in Irina Osipova and Danilockina

It's unacceptable for me :thumbdown:

• Actually i don't care about who will come to play for Fenerbahçe right now. I'm just thinking will Penny stay with us next year :(

Not only because she is half of the team, she is just a great person. I wish she didn't come back to the game after injury. :(

Btw, my avatar is more beatiful :D

• Actually i don't care about who will come to play for Fenerbahçe right now. I'm just thinking will Penny stay with us next year :(

Not only because she is half of the team, she is just a great person. I wish she didn't come back to the game after injury. :(

Btw, my avatar is more beatiful :D

:tzz:

She is best player of Fenerbahce and she's more useful player than Angel or Diana etc. in my opinion.

• Source: http://www.supersportswomen.co…RS_may_be_considered.aspx

• :tzz:

She is best player of Fenerbahce and she's more useful player than Angel or Diana etc. in my opinion.

I agree. She is the leader of the team. She is the best player of the team. She is an unique player. There is no player like her. What a pity that she injured just before Olympics.

I read that Osipova is just a friend of Cappie. I hope she won't play for us.

• I agree. She is the leader of the team. She is the best player of the team. She is an unique player. There is no player like her. What a pity that she injured just before Olympics.

I read that Osipova is just a friend of Cappie. I hope she won't play for us.

What can I say Penny is best player I've ever seen ;)

hmm I really don't know but i think they're a couple :D :teach:

• Yes probably, i didn't want to mention. :D These relationships are so complicated in Women's Basketball. :white:

I don't like this situation in women's bball too. :D

• I know. :) I've been following that website. (Başka site yok zaten :D)