World Basketball

• Halcon Avenida may have parted with most of the players that won the club a first EuroLeague Women title back in April but coach Lucas Mondelo is still at the helm and the squad that he'll be in charge of is becoming more interesting by the day.
    The Salamanca outfit has signed reigning Copa de la Reina MVP DeWanna Bonner.
    The 23-year-old averaged 18.8 points and 8.5 rebounds per game for Rivas and earned a spot in the Rest of the World Team for the EuroLeague Women All-Star Game.
    Bonner is moving to an Avenida side that has recently added Marta Fernandez, Anna Vajda, Allison Feaster-Strong, Laura Antoja and Lucila Pascua.
    Erika De Souza, Isa Sanchez and Marta Xargay are still with the team from last year.

Jalcova Switch To Lotos Gdynia
    Ivana Jalcova has left Good Angels Kosice for Lotos Gdynia.[/b]
    The Slovakia international, 27, averaged 5.6 points, 2.3 assists and 2.1 rebounds per game last season for Kosice.
    Gdynia is her first club abroad after playing for Kosice since 2003.

• Will Sony Athinaikos play in the Euroleague Women?

2010 EuroCup Women champion, Sony Athinaikos (Greece) chose to register in the same competition for the 2010-2011 season. They will play in Eurocup this season again but this is only my thought. ^^ Fiba will announce the participant teams in couple of weeks I guess. Last year Fiba announced teams on 17 June 2010.

• Montanana Signs For USK Prague
    Anna Montanana is focused on getting Spain back to the EuroBasket Women podium again with the tournament starting on Saturday in Poland.
    After that tournament, she'll have a holiday and then pack her bags for the Czech Republic because Halcon Avenida's EuroLeague Women winner has signed for ZVVZ USK Prague.
    Montanana, 30, averaged 7.4 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.1 assists this season for Avenida in the EuroLeague.
    The power forward isn't the only new face at Prague.
    Sweden international Frida Eldebrink has signed a one-year contract with the club, having spent the 2010-11 campaign with rivals Frisco Sika Brno.
    Prague recently announced deals with Czech internationals Michael Zrustova and Ilona Burgrova.

Ballardini to Taranto
    Cras Basket Taranto have reinforced their team with Italy international Simona Ballardini.
    The sharpshooting guard is a player coach Roberto Ricchini expects to make a big impact.
    "Explosive player, excellent quality outside," Ricchini said.
    "We need to manage her with intelligence so that she can totally adapt to our play.
    "I am happy with this signing, just as I am with the other players that have preceded her at Cras.
    "Once the market is completed, I will need to assemble all the pieces and make it a working mosaic."

Ford Switch To Schio
    Taranto are not the only Italian outfit making headlines in the transfer market.
    Beretta Famila-Schio have signed Cheryl Ford, who spent this season with Brno.
    "I am very happy to be here in Schio," she said.
    "There is a real excitement after victories in the league and the Italian Cup.
    "I'm happy to join this group."
    Schio announced earlier that Israel point guard Liron Cohen had signed a two-year extension.

• With such roster GSMP will be the main candidate for the title in Turkish League and Euroleague :super: :super:

• With such roster GSMP will be the main candidate for the title in Turkish League and Euroleague :super: :super:

There are some rumors that GSMP will sign with one European center too..I hope this player will be Viteckova :super: :super: But with this roster GSMP will be the main candidate for the titleS as you said :drink: :drink: :drink: Can't wait to watch that team :obey: :obey: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

• There are some rumors that GSMP will sign with one European center too..I hope this player will be Viteckova :super: :super: But with this roster GSMP will be the main candidate for the titleS as you said :drink: :drink: :drink: Can't wait to watch that team :obey: :obey: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Indeed. GSMP bought almost the whole WNBA-Allstar-team :D :D

The pressure will be very high, next season...Winning all the titles is a must... :teach: I hope the team can cope with it.

• Since new season I will be Galatasaray Fan too ^^
    I will cheer Galatasaray and the Russian Clubs in the Euroleague.

• @ dexter

I do not support any club in partcular, in Women's Basketball :!: , I just like to watch great players..and since GSMP will have a great roster, I hope they will have a great season :super:

I am a big fan of Diana Taurasi (surprise :lol: ) and last year she played for FBA, so I supported FBA last year.

• @ flyingdutchman

GS built a very strong team and they have this starting five Prince- Torrens- Taurasi- Tina- Fowles :D It is impressing. :thumbsup: I used word "fan" cause i don't know any other word than this. I didn't mean anything bad ^^

• UMMC Ekaterinburg have finally confirmed the return of Belarus international center Yelena Leuchanka to the squad.

Leuchanka, one of the leading players in the world, played for Ekaterinburg in the 2008 and '09 campaigns. She was voted MVP of this year's PLKK Finals after leading Wisla Can-Pack Krakow to the Polish title and had been expected to turn out for the club again but instead elected to go back to Leuchanka was voted to the All-Star Five at the FIBA World Championship for Women after leading Belarus to the Semi-Finals.

Prince To Galatasaray
    Galatasaray have signed former Spartak M.R. Vidnoje guard Epiphanny Prince as they continue to throw down the gauntlet to Fenerbahce in the battle for Turkish supremacy.

Sparta&K had initially planned to keep the guard in their squad but general manager Steve Costelas said the club decided to move in a different direction. "It's sad losing ‘Piph', but we had to make a decision not to continue without picking up the option of an extension."

Prince, a naturalized Russian, was named in the country's preliminary squad for the EuroBasket Women and was expected to join the team during their preparations but a delay in her arrival ultimately forced coach Boris Sokolovsky not to include her.

• Where will Iva Perovanovic MNE play in the new season?
    In 2010-11 She played in french Lattes Montpellier.
    She is best Scorer at the Eurobasket so far.

• EUROLEAGUE WOMEN 2011/12
    FIBA Europe has announced the list of teams that will participate in the 2011/12 EuroLeague Women season.
    The First Round line-up features 23 clubs, which will be drawn into two groups of eight teams and one group of seven teams.
    Each team will play against the other teams in its group in home and away games (Roud Robin).
    The 2011/12 season is a landmark year as it brings a significant change in the competition system, with the introduction of a Final Eight in place of the Final Four.
    The Draw takes place in Munich, Germany on Saturday 9th July.
    The 23 clubs that will enter the Munich draw (in alphabetical order) are: