World Basketball

• Rivas Ecpolis 82- 91 Fenerbahçe

Nevriye Yılmaz 26 pts - 10 rbd

Penny Taylor 27 pts

Diana Taurasi 24 pts

Go Fener :super:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Oh My. What's happend with Frisco Sica Brno. They lost match against Schio 44-89 ! I hope this lost and lost Spartak Moscow Vidnoje is falstart. Next week derby match Lotos Gdynia - UMMC Ekaterinburg. Ekaterinburg in good form.

• Fenerbahce Big Three Overcome Rivas

Nevriye Yilmaz, Penny Taylor and Diana Taurasi teamed up to become an unstoppable force and lead Fenerbahce to a 91-82 win over Rivas Ecopolis in their EuroLeague Women opener

The trio combined for 77 of Fener's 91 points, with Taylor scoring 27, Yilmaz 26 and Taurasi 24. Yilmaz also added 10 rebounds.

Even so, the hosts did their best to stay in touch, and it was still a two-possession game with Amaya Valdermoro's three-pointer cutting the gap to 86-80 with two and half minutes to go.

But Taylor was then fouled making a jump-shot and made it 89-80 from the line.

Valdermoro missed a jump-shot and turned the ball over as Rivas' hopes of a late rally disappeared.

Rivas had started much the stronger, enjoying a 30-18 lead early in the second quarter, but Fener then rallied, and Taylor's three-pointer cut the gap to three, 39-36, late in the half.

They quickly took the lead at the start of the third quarter but the game could still have gone either way as the visitors held only a narrow advantage, 69-66, at the start of the final period.

Spanish star Valderomo led Rivas with 21 points while Courtney Paris and Dewanna Bonner had 16 points and 12 rebounds each.

Fenerbahce Head Coach Laszlo Ratgeber:
    "At the beginning of the season, we´ve had three players at the World Championship and that has been a problem for us". "We´ve had a lot of problems in defense in the first half, but we fought hard in the second half and I´m happy about that and the way that we adjusted to their defense. I want to say that Rivas played really well and that they have a great team, they will be a hard team to beat here in Madrid."

Fenerbahce guard Diana Taurasi:
    "It has been a very hard game, a really difficult win, but we played better as the game went on and that was the key" "They came out really strong, they have a really good team with Amaya and some very experienced players, I´m sure that they will have a good year in the EuroLeague. We´re still building and it takes time to put a team together, but we´re on the right track"

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• In Russian Premier League Spartak Moscow Vidnoje lost match 74-82 against Nadezdha Orenburg. I think in this season Spartak will be not shining. This is a little strange because They lost Taurasi but They have Players from high level. Maybe Spartak need time.

• Fenerbahce 109 - 92 Gospic Croatia

:dance6: :dance6:

Nevriye 22 Taurasi 34 :D

Penny 15 Matovic 11 pts.

• This thread is clearly off topic

• Good round for Russian Top Teams. Spartak Moscow Vidnoje beat Galatasaray Istanbul 66-40, UMMC Ekaterinburg beat Lotos Gdynia 82-60. Frisco Sica Brno better this week- win but only 1 point against Nadezdha Orenburg 62-61. Rivas Ecopolis Madrit has troubles.

• Fenerbahce Too Hot To Handle For Sopron

In-form duo Diana Taurasi and Penny Taylor came up trumps once again for Fenerbahce as the Turkish side powered their way to an 89-72 win in Istanbul to hand a first defeat of the season to MKB Euroleasing in Group B.

The visitors, who had made an impressive start to the new EuroLeague Women campaign found it difficult to bridge the gap in class as Taurasi and Taylor continued their fight for top billing with another couple of influential performances.

Both have already been named as Player Of The Week in the competition and this time they also had Ivana Matovic fighting it out in a bid to grab the headlines as the Serbian-born center racked up 20 points.

Taylor claimed a double-double of 16 points and 12 rebounds while Taurasi drilled four triples to finish with 26 points to go with her 5 assists. :obey:

Having handed Rivas Ecopolis a thirty point hammering last week, the shoe was very much on the other foot for Sopron as they were given a taste of their own medicine by Fenerbahce who dominated from tip to buzzer.

It only took the hosts a little over five minutes to post a double-digit lead as a score by Taurasi put them 20-10 in front and they still held their ten point advantage at 31-21 at the end of the first quarter although at one point they had built up a 17 point lead.

A 13-4 run either side of the quarter break by the visitors might have briefly given them hope that they could haul themselves back into the contest but it was never a realistic prospect with Taylor, Taurasi and Matovic too hot to handle.

Inevitably the home team re-asserted control to lead 54-37 at the half-time interval and never looked in any serious danger of loosening their grip after the break as they traded baskets and ran out comfortable winners.

Laszlo Ratgeber, Fenerbahce coach:
    "We played very well in offense and defense. My players enjoyed the game. We really had some good plays during the game. We know that we have to work more to be ready for the next games."

Diana Taurasi, Fenerbahce player:
    "we are a new team and day by day by we play better. We really worked a lot on Sopron before the game; we knew they are a very good team, they have really talented players. We started to the game so fast and played so well in the defense."

• The match of the week will be UMMC Ekaterinburg - Fenerbahce Acibadem Istanbul. I think that in Ekaterinburg will win UMMC. I read that if in this year UMMC will not win European Championship basketball in Ekaterinburg will fall down.

• Acıbadem is only sponsor of the women volleyball team, women basketball team's name does not include Acıbadem, it is just Fenerbahçe..

• UMMC Ekaterinburg 67-73 Fenerbahçe :dance6: :dance6:

We will be champion :thumbsup: