World Basketball

• StarNight

No i don't know but i have a guess. :D
    This news is from Euroleague women website:

Montgomery Out At Györ
    Renee Montgomery is a promising player who is hoping to play for the United States at next year's Olympics.
    She has had a setback in that endeavor, however, after having her contract terminated by Uni Seat Györ.
    The club announced they took the decision, claiming that Montgomery had "repeatedly been in breach of club house rules and disciplinary rules".
    The 24-year-old point guard joined the club late after touring with coach Geno Auriemma and the USA national team in Europe.
    Maybe she is with Auriemma too. But this is just my guess :white:

• @ Starnight
    I found this news while searching. She is at NT training camp.
    http://www.swishappeal.com/201…68/ros-casares-dream-team

Counting days until January
    That’s what European fans are doing since last week's Ros Casares roster announcement.
    And why?
    January will add Maya Moore in the Spanish side, for her first time in Europe. As if it wasn’t enough emotion to wait to see her playing in WNBA (and the accounts from the Team USA training camp just made those hopes bigger), knowing we’ll have the chance to see her play in Spain will be great. She stands to help both in Spanish League and Euroleague, and everybody’s expecting her to be the kind of player who can turn anyone into a diehard women's basketball fan. She'll be the ultimate addition to this Dream team.

• Congratulations to both Turkish teams which performed really well this week!

I agree with dexter about Elina Babkina. She isn't stable. Yes she plays well in NT but Fenerbahçe isn't Latvia NT which looks only Babkina's, Basko's and Tamane's hand. The other important thing about her is she makes so much turnover and actually everybody knew that before Babkina was transferred :!: On the other hand Birsel is such a great guard. She played extremelly well in ECH and had done a great job even though with a limited roster. I believe that she is one of the best in her position and should play more in Fenerbahçe.The other reason for her to play is she knows her teammates very well and some of the players have been playing for a long time in Fenerbahçe like Birsel,Esmeral,Nevriye,Nevlin and Taylor. In the league Penny, Angel, Tamane and Matoviv should play.

About Galatasaray, we are still undefeated :super: Taurasi, Charles and Torrens rock :super: Işıl, Prints, Matic and Bahar help them a lot. Saziye plays super well in defence. I hope it continues till the end of the season :drink: Everything looks well right now.However we have some rotations problems. Sometimes Tina has to play about 35 minutes as well as Taurasi. Because of the foreign player limit we can't use Matic in the league. Fowles will be back in December.We can't use her in Euroleague but she will help Tina a lot in the league. When she comes back I think we will play with Dee, Torrens, Fowles and Charles. :obey: So Işıl and especially Şaziye have to play like they did in NT :teach: I look forward to seeing our new foreign players for Euroleague Final 8 :win:

• I look forward to seeing our new foreign players for Euroleague Final 8 :win:

Thanks for reading my post :D Are you serious about those transfers? I read about it some pages before but i thought you were joking. Do you think it is logical to change players for Final 8.
    They are doing very well until now. Why do you need new players? I can't get it. :what:

• Taurasi is Week 4 Mvp.
    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_…ubSU3.articleMode_on.html

YOUNG GUNS FIRE
    Impressing with her numbers was Fenerbahce guard Olcay Cakir who made a big impact despite playing only three minutes in the win over Sopron. Limited court time didn't prevent her from making a perfect three-of-three from the field to secure 6 points while also producing a steal to remind us of her progress and potential.

While not as productive as her 1993-born peers, Ayse Cora can at least reflect on playing a healthy nine minutes for a star-laden Galatasaray Medical Park in Gyor, having only stepped out for a single minute previously. I's fantastic to see this young home-grown player get some court time from coach Yildizoglu.

Congrats Girls :super:
    I didn't watch GSMP match so i can't comment about Ayse Cora but i watched Olcay in last 3 minutes she was really perfect. :super: She must play with Birsel, not Babkina. We must give this chance to Olcay. I won't be angry if Olcay makes 5 turnovers in a game, but i can't say the same thing to Babkina :mad:

• Thanks for reading my post :D Are you serious about those transfers? I read about it some pages before but i thought you were joking. Do you think it is logical to change players for Final 8.
    They are doing very well until now. Why do you need new players? I can't get it. :what:

:drink:

Actually I think we DO need a foreign player for center position. Tina is so alone at this position. Fowles won't play due to limit of non-European player rule in Euroleague so European center is very needed. The other foreign player will be probably guard. Epiphanny Prince can't play against Russian teams because of silly desicion which was taken by FIBA. As I understand from what I have read on the forums her fault was not to play in Russian NT even though she was invited :down: :down: So there appears another problem, we lack a guard :down: I hope this desicion will be corrected and Prince's suspend will end :white:

• Taurasi is Week 4 Mvp.
    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_…ubSU3.articleMode_on.html

YOUNG GUNS FIRE
    Impressing with her numbers was Fenerbahce guard Olcay Cakir who made a big impact despite playing only three minutes in the win over Sopron. Limited court time didn't prevent her from making a perfect three-of-three from the field to secure 6 points while also producing a steal to remind us of her progress and potential.

While not as productive as her 1993-born peers, Ayse Cora can at least reflect on playing a healthy nine minutes for a star-laden Galatasaray Medical Park in Gyor, having only stepped out for a single minute previously. I's fantastic to see this young home-grown player get some court time from coach Yildizoglu.

Another reason to be happy. I watched both matches.First of all I was sooo impressed by Olcay's performance! She seems to be a great potential. I heard her name many times but that was the first time I saw her on the court. She is a big potential :super: No doubt :super:

Ayşe played in last match too. She just made one free throw but she is young. I believe that these two girls are the future of the Turksih basketball. :super:

• :drink:

Actually I think we DO need a foreign player for center position. Tina is so alone at this position. Fowles won't play due to limit of non-European player rule in Euroleague so European center is very needed. The other foreign player will be probably guard. Epiphanny Prince can't play against Russian teams because of silly desicion which was taken by FIBA. As I understand from what I have read on the forums her fault was not to play in Russian NT even though she was invited :down: :down: So there appears another problem, we lack a guard :down: I hope this desicion will be corrected and Prince's suspend will end :white:

I read about that too, Russian Basketball Federation wanted to cancel her Russian passaport but then agreed only not to play against Russian teams. You have Ivanka Matic and Tina Charles for final 8. And Bahar. I really like her. You may need a guard actually i think Galatasaray made huge transfers this season but instead of Fowles you must have transferred a European center maybe a better one than Ivanka Matic and instead of Prince you must have transferred Becky Hammon or a European player who can play against all teams. So you don't have to face with these problems. Before season started, I thought that GSMP will have problems because their Turkish players in not very quality ones and all the players in this team love to use ball (to shoot) so much, but they seem well until now. If someone won't claim Taurasi for doping :lol: (be careful about the match against İstanbul Universitesi :lol: ) Galatasaray will be successful i think, with or without new transfers.

• Group A W/L
    1. GALATASARAY MEDICAL PARK 5/0
    2. ROS CASARES VALENCIA 4/1
    3. UMMC EKATERINBURG 4/1
    4. ZVVZ USK PRAGUE 2/3
    5. BOURGES BASKET 2/3
    6. LOTOS GDYNIA 1/4
    7. UNI SEAT GYÖR 1/4
    8. VICI AISTES KAUNAS 1/4

Group B W/L
    1. PERFUMERIAS AVENIDA 5/0
    2. FENERBAHCE S.K. 4/0
    3. UNIQA-EUROLEASING SOPRON 2/3
    4. NADEZHDA 2/2
    5. BERETTA FAMILA SCHIO 1/3
    6. CCC POLKOWICE 1/3
    7. TARBES GESPE BIGORRE 0/4

Group C W/L
    1. WISLA CAN-PACK KRAKOW 4/1
    2. BASKET LATTES MONTPELLIER 3/2
    3.SPARTA&K MOSCOW REGION - VIDNOJE 3/2
    4. RIVAS ECOPOLIS 3/2
    5. GOOD ANGELS KOSICE 3/2
    6. CRAS BASKET TARANTO 2/3
    7. GOSPIC CO 1/4
    8. FRISCO BRNO 1/3

• Interesting game between Gospic Croatia and BLMA France.
    After 1st quarter BLMA was losing -16 but won +14.
    It reminds Me game Fenerbahce-Spartak Quarter-Final from the last season :mirror:

• Euroleague Women 6th Week Results

CCC Polkowice 78 – 52 Tarbes GB
    Frisco Brno 61 – 80 Gospic CO
    Wisla Can-Pack 50 – 65 Rivas Ecopolis
    Fenerbahce 84 – 72 Nadezhda
    Bourges Basket 65 – 66 Galatasaray
    BLMA 83 – 65 Good Angels Kosice
    Ros Casares 60 – 52 UMMC Ekaterinburg

Good win for Fenerbahçe next week we will play against Halcon that match will probably show us who is going to be first in Group B. I like Angel's and Matovic's performance. Penny played perfect as always. And finally she is smiling :) we waited for that smile nearly one year.
    4th quarter score is 21-4 for Ros Casares against Ummc. :!:
    Tina Charles 25 pts 18 rebounds :D No score from Turkish players. That's sad and weird.

• UMMC have Sue Bird. Sue Bird will come to play for UMMC in Russia probably Candace Parker will leave from Russia.

Fenerbahce interested to Candace Parker for next season and this season (only for the Turkish League)

Just a rumor but Candace Parker could be in here in the coming days, we'll see :whistle:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Galatasaray won but I didn't like the game so much :S Our local players had nothing!!! :!: Big shame! But I believe that our coach has a fault about that! Şaziye İvegin, who got silver medal with Turkish NT, was one of the best players in the team. However he doesn't trust her.Actually I believe that she can help at scoring. Bahar: She is so unstable..once she plays well, once she plays so badly like a child. Işıl is the same! We absolutely need a foreign player for Final 8!

• Game of the week : Perfumerias Avenida - Fenerbahce on tomorrow live on FIBA Europe TV & FB TV at 20.30 CET

Good luck Fener :super:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"