You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 1:18pm

Quoted

Season So Far: Collectively these two teams are a flawless 10-0 this season in EuroLeague Women and battling for supremacy in Group B. Perfumerias Avenida are in a similarly strong position in Liga Femenina where they share top spot with arch rivals Ros Casares and are yet to lose with a 6-0 record. Fenerbahce SK are 4-1 in the Turkish league and tied for second place.

The Hot Hands: DeWanna Bonner has been outstanding since her summer switch from Rivas Ecopolis and continues to lead the way for the hosts. Incredibly she leads the team in points, rebounds, steals and blocks and is actually the leading scorer in EuroLeague Women with 22 points per game. Meanwhile Erika De Souza joined the team late but during the two games she has played, she has claimed double-doubles. Penny Taylor has led the way for Fener with her usual all-round contribution which has been excellent since she has shot the ball well both inside and out while leading the team in steals and dishing up plenty of assists. Angel McCoughtry is not far behind in terms of numbers while playmaker Birsel Vardarli is now beginning to find some form.

The ‘X Factors': The ability of Fenerbahce to successfully guard Dewanna Bonner is likely to be the key in this game since she has been the driving force for Salamanca so far this season. Equally Perfumerias Avenida will know that Fener are a difficult team to lock down as they have contributors all over the floor. In truth, there is little between these teams in all facets of the game and so rather simplistically it may just boil down to who executes offensively and makes their shots.

Key Match Up: Whoever is given the task of guarding Dewanna Bonner could have the most important task for Fenerbahce and it is likely to prove the decisive match-up. It will be one of the first things to look for in this game. For sure the hosts have much more than one player but if the likes of Taylor or McCoughtry for example can lock her down then Perfumerias Avenida will be asked a big question by their opponent.

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 10:17pm

Fenerbahçe is the only unbeaten team in Euroleague now :super:
Fenerbahçe 77- 69 Avenida
Angel McCoughtry 28 points 6 rebounds :obey:
Penny Taylor 16 points 7 rebound

In the first half Avenida was leading 38-34. They are very good especially at offensive rebounds they had 18 offensive rebounds that could be a record :white:
But in the second half Esmeral and Birsel showed how a point guard should play. They manage the team very well. And we won by 8 points.
Zane Tamane is a very good team member. When she is in court we play better.
Matovic showed her worst performance in Fenerbahçe i think she made 45678 travellings. :D
Anyway very good win :super:
Go Fenerbahçe!!!!!!!

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 10:27pm

Euroleague Women 7th Week Results

Avenida 69 - 77 Fenerbahçe

Bartek

Jesus I Trust In You

• "Bartek" is male
  • "Bartek" started this thread

Favourite Team: Уралочка НТМК Екатеринбург

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 11:38pm

Who did play tonight against Valencia in Istanbul?
Galatasaray or African Team? :D
My Dears Valencia crushed Galatasaray 76-46.
Prediction Game:

Gold Medals - 14

Silver Medals - 12

Bronze Medals - 9

Overall: 35

Details

Friday, November 25th 2011, 2:57pm

Angel McCoughtry is Week 7 Mvp :super:
EuroLeague Women Week 7 Efficiency Index

kadir_8

Master

• "kadir_8" is male

Favourite Team: VakıfBank , Galatasaray NT: Turkey, The Netherlands

Favourite Players: Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale, Neslihan Demir Güler, Maja Poljak, Christiane Fürst, Kübra Akman , Gözde Sonsırma, Jelena Nikolić, Neriman Özsoy, Milena Rašić, Gizem Güreşen

Friday, November 25th 2011, 5:39pm

Who did play tonight against Valencia in Istanbul?
Galatasaray or African Team? :D
My Dears Valencia crushed Galatasaray 76-46.

Yes, that match was exactly a disaster for Galatasaray. Alba Torrens was missing.However it can't be the reason for such a bad game! I always talked about it here and now I am saying it again, WE DO NEED A EUROPEAN CENTER ! :teach:

Sunday, November 27th 2011, 4:55pm

Turkish Women' Basketball League
Fenerbahçe 96 - 82 Galatasaray Medical Park :drink:
Bİrsel Vardarlı was the Mvp of the game. She is the best guard in Europe no doubt. And she loves to play against Işıl i think :lol:
Birsel 16 pts - 7 assists - 3 rebound :super:
Angel 24 pts - 5 rebound
Nevriye 17 pts- 12 rebound- 4 assists
Penny and Matovic 15 pts

Diana Taurasi 33 pts :lol: She was so nervous, and played so hard she hit Penny's head and she bleed but no techincal faul :what:
Tina Charles 22 pts 9 rebounds
Prince 13 pts - 5 assists

Alba and Babkina was injured. I think it is an advantage for us :D

kadir_8

Master

• "kadir_8" is male

Favourite Team: VakıfBank , Galatasaray NT: Turkey, The Netherlands

Favourite Players: Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale, Neslihan Demir Güler, Maja Poljak, Christiane Fürst, Kübra Akman , Gözde Sonsırma, Jelena Nikolić, Neriman Özsoy, Milena Rašić, Gizem Güreşen

Sunday, November 27th 2011, 5:28pm

I don't want to mention same things again and again. Fowles will come back on 1st December. This can be an advantage in the league for us. However if we want to be champion in Euroleague, we HAVE TO sign with a European Center. I was thinking that only one European is enough for us. However after that match I saw that we need a European Guard too :D By the way congratulations to Fenerbahçe. They played extremely well. Nevriye and especially Birsel made the difference :white:

• "filedefener" is 29 years old today
  • "filedefener" is male

Favourite Team: Fenerbahçe, Germany NT, Dutch NT, Belgium NT, USA NT

Monday, November 28th 2011, 2:38pm

Turkish Women' Basketball League
Fenerbahçe 96 - 82 Galatasaray Medical Park :drink:
Bİrsel Vardarlı was the Mvp of the game. She is the best guard in Europe no doubt. And she loves to play against Işıl i think :lol:
Birsel 16 pts - 7 assists - 3 rebound :super:
Angel 24 pts - 5 rebound
Nevriye 17 pts- 12 rebound- 4 assists
Penny and Matovic 15 pts

Diana Taurasi 33 pts :lol: She was so nervous, and played so hard she hit Penny's head and she bleed but no techincal faul :what:
Tina Charles 22 pts 9 rebounds
Prince 13 pts - 5 assists

Alba and Babkina was injured. I think it is an advantage for us :D

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Oooppss ! Where's the Işıl :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:
"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• "StarNight" is male

Favourite Team: Eczacıbaşı VitrA-Dinamo Krasnador-Atom Trefl Sopot-Turkey-China

Favourite Players: Neslihan,Neriman,Gozde, Y.K.Kim, Poljak,Naz, Harmotto,Hui,Havelkova, Mammadova,L. Bosetti,Buijs,Garay, Zhu Ting,Gabi,Thaisa, Zaryazhko,Giel,Rasic, De Kruijf, Dürr, Hildebrand

Monday, November 28th 2011, 3:46pm

Congratz Fener fans 8) Fenerbahce deserved this victory much more than my Galatasaray MP yesterday but it was a really interesting match untill last Quater.Both teams did really tons of simple mistakes.Especially even Fener win they did a record amounts of turnovers of this match but owned Galatasaray in rebounds,that was they key of match guess.Alba's lack effected Galatasaray so badly in the opposite Babkina's lack effected Fener very positive :lol: I think,she will be sended very soon from team and they might bring a better guard.Same as for Galatasaray.They have to send Matic and need to bring a more quality Forward/Center.
2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 11:07pm

Euroleague Women 8th Week Results

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 10:46pm

Euroleague women 9th week Results

Surprise wins from Bourges and Vici Aistes in Group A :white:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "dexter" (Dec 15th 2011, 3:35am)

Bartek

Jesus I Trust In You

• "Bartek" is male
  • "Bartek" started this thread

Favourite Team: Уралочка НТМК Екатеринбург

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 8:29pm

Cracow has recipe how to beat Spartak Moscow.

Aistes - Valencia match is the biggest shame in the edition for sure. The Team who beat by 30 points Galatasaray.

Fenerbahce without loss.. to time.
Prediction Game:

Gold Medals - 14

Silver Medals - 12

Bronze Medals - 9

Overall: 35

Details

• "StarNight" is male

Favourite Players: Neslihan,Neriman,Gozde, Y.K.Kim, Poljak,Naz, Harmotto,Hui,Havelkova, Mammadova,L. Bosetti,Buijs,Garay, Zhu Ting,Gabi,Thaisa, Zaryazhko,Giel,Rasic, De Kruijf, Dürr, Hildebrand

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 9:56pm

Galatasaray is again leader :super: Group A is just too unpredictable :white:

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 3:39am

Euroleague women 10th week Results

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 3:44am

Group A W/L
1. ROS CASARES VALENCIA 8/2
2. GALATASARAY MEDICAL PARK 8/2
3. UMMC EKATERINBURG 7/3
4. ZVVZ USK PRAGUE 6/4
5. BOURGES BASKET 4/5
6. LOTOS GDYNIA 2/8
7. VICI AISTES KAUNAS 2/8
8. UNI SEAT GYÖR 2/7

Group B W/L
1. FENERBAHCE S.K. 8/0
2. PERFUMERIAS AVENIDA 6/3
3. NADEZHDA 6/3
4. BERETTA FAMILA SCHIO 4/5
5. UNIQA-EUROLEASING SOPRON 3/6
6. CCC POLKOWICE 3/5
7. TARBES GESPE BIGORRE 0/8

Group C W/L
1. WISLA CAN-PACK KRAKOW 8/2
2. SPARTA&K MOSCOW REGION - VIDNOJE 7/3
3. GOOD ANGELS KOSICE 6/4
4. BASKET LATTES MONTPELLIER AGGLOMERATION 5/5
5. RIVAS ECOPOLIS 5/5
6. CRAS BASKET TARANTO 4/6
7. GOSPIC CO 4/6
8. FRISCO BRNO 1/9

• "filedefener" is 29 years old today
  • "filedefener" is male

Favourite Team: Fenerbahçe, Germany NT, Dutch NT, Belgium NT, USA NT

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 6:19pm

Penny :super:
"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• "StarNight" is male

Friday, December 16th 2011, 10:07pm

Cappie Pondexter from UMMC Ekaterinburg to Fenerbahce.Well i really didn't understand this transfer so which two will play now in EL? Angel?Taylor?Pondexter?

Monday, December 19th 2011, 7:49pm

Fenerbahçe is playing so well lately (in offense especially). Penny- Angel duo is quite amazing, i won't change them to any player in the world. :super:
And i'm afraid of ruining this rythm by adding new player. Only player i want for team is Sancho Lyttle from Ros Casares. She is European and she is so suitable for our game i think. I love Cappie but, there is also this thing between Cappie and Taurasi&Penny :S. I don't think this is a good idea.

This morning Cappie tweeted :white:

Quoted

cappa23 cappie pondexter
Wow its officially my last game in a UMMC uniform. Thankyou i had amazing 4 seasons here. I will miss u EKAT!!!!
I WILL enjoy my time until the wnba season starts!!!! #BLESSED

So she will leave UMMC. I hope she will enjoy her time until Wnba starts as she said ^^

• "StarNight" is male

Monday, December 19th 2011, 8:27pm

I think any team would have Sancho Lyttle into their roster as American/European :D Luckily Ros Casares got her.Probably Lyttle and Hammon are the most valuable european/american players right now with the new rule.Well i totally agree about the coherence between Penny and Angel.They are the one of the strongest non european duo in EL no doubt :win: I think Pondexter is not good enough as much as she was in Fenerbahce years ago.She had a fantastic form in Fener :D So she will rest at home untill WNBA? :white:

Social bookmarks