World Basketball

• So seems like UMMC will continue with Bird and Parker in whole season.Well,if i were Dieklaoukas i would transfer a athletic american F/C instead of Tamane for league coz Fener's guard position is quite strong for league i think.Considering Galatasaray will play with Fowles and Charles will plauy together in league it was more neccessary i think.Langhorne,Pieterson,Vaughn and some others are free.Especially Langhorne played a very good season in WNBA.That's my opinion :D

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• It's officially news.. Cappie Pondexter in Fenerbahce..

Fenerbahçe is playing so well lately (in offense especially). Penny- Angel duo is quite amazing, i won't change them to any player in the world

Agree %100 :drink:

i really didn't understand this transfer so which two will play now in EL? Angel?Taylor?Pondexter?

Cappie will play in the Turkish league.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Penny Taylor was named basketball player of the year. Penny Taylor (185-F-81) is also the Small Forward of the Year. :flower:

Traditionally at the end of each year Eurobasket announces the European awards for last year.

The top player in Europe was unquestionably Penny Taylor from Fenerbahce Istanbul. Australian forward was the second best scorer in Euroleague last season with 19.2ppg. Penelope was voted Eurobasket.com All-Euroleague Forward and Import of the Year. During the summer she played for Phoenix Mercury in WNBA and helped her team to reach Semifinals.

eurobasket.com

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• the interview with G.Dikeoulakos here

http://sportacentrs.com/basket…a_babkina_speles_eiroliga

Elina Babkina will play only in the Euroleague matches and Cappie also will play only in the Turkish League.

Penny-Angel duo will play in the Euroleague games.

• Euroleague Women 12th Week Results

CB Taranto 81- 69 Wisla Can-Pack

Bad news for Euroleague Women Basketball
    Alba Torrens got injured tonight' game against Lotos Gydnia and will be out for six months probably. This news is not oficially confirmed. I hope it is not that serious.

• source

I'm so sorry for Anete, Alba and Gülşah :( I hope there won't be any injuries again.

• Source

• If we had won with 35 pts than Avenida would have been 8th team. And if Ros Casares had won with 23 pts, or Spartak had won with 5 points, rankings would be like:

1.Fener
    2.Ros Casares
    3.Wisla
    4.Rivas
    5.Spartak
    6.Galatasaray
    7.UMMC
    8.Avenida

and Final Eight

Fener- Rivas- Spartak- Avenida
    Ros Casares - Wisla- Galatasaray- Ummc

I would prefer this scenerio. :thumbsup: Anyway congrats to all qualified teams.

• So what is the real scenerio?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• 21 USA Women’s National Team members were today named as finalists for the 2012 U.S. Olympic Women’s Basketball Team.

Jayne Appel (San Antonio Silver Stars), Seimone Augustus (Minnesota Lynx), Sue Bird (Seattle Storm), Rebekkah Brunson (Minnesota Lynx), Swin Cash (Chicago Sky), Tamika Catchings (Indiana Fever), Tina Charles (Connecticut Sun), Candice Dupree (Phoenix Mercury), Sylvia Fowles (Chicago Sky), Brittney Griner (Baylor University), Lindsey Harding (Atlanta Dream), Asjha Jones (Connecticut Sun), Kara Lawson (Connecticut Sun), Angel McCoughtry (Atlanta Dream), Renee Montgomery (Connecticut Sun), Maya Moore (Minnesota Lynx), Candace Parker(Los Angeles Sparks), Cappie Pondexter (New York Liberty), Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury), Lindsay Whalen (Minnesota Lynx) and Sophia Young (San Antonio Silver Stars).

• First leg of the EuroLeague Women Play-Offs will be played on Tuesday 21 February.

Schedule

14:00 UMMC Ekaterinburg - Good Angels Kosice
    15:00 Spartak Moscow Region - Nadezhda Orenburg
    17:30 Ros Casares Valencia - CCC Polkowice
    19:30 Fenerbahçe - Lattes Montpellier
    19:45 Wisla Can-Pack - ZVVZ USK Prague
    20:00 Rivas Ecopolis - Bourges
    20:30 Perfumerias Avenida - Famila Schio

* Times are CET. All games will be live on fiba tv