World Basketball

• There are strong rumors about Sancho and Maya that they will play for Galatasaray next season or these are just expectations from the fans..However, I read these news so many times and I started to be excited about that..I would like to see them in Turkey playing for Galatasaray..

dexter
    Do you know where Nevriye Yılmaz will play in upcoming season? I heard that Galatasaray made an agreement in principle..Is it true? First of all I didn't believe that news but after I heard that Ekrem Memnun will be the coach who knows Nevriye very well since long time, I strated to believe that it may be true..

• @ kadir_8

I think Maya may play in Galatasaray. That kind of news spread a lot of times before Ros Casares sitiuation. But Sancho, she is very valuable because of the 2 non European player rule. I didn't hear or know anything but in my opinion her first choice will be Russia. I heard that Fenerbahçe and especially Galatasaray wanted her before, and offered a lot of money but she didn't want to play in Turkey. If she comes to Galatasaray , they will be so powerful with two best Europeans, Alba and Sancho, which i don't prefer :D

About Nevriye, i'm really sick of Esmeral and Nevriye's behaviour during transfer seasons. Actually after this year final series, i don't think there is a very big difference about local players quality between GSMP and FB, after lame performances by Esmeral and Nevriye. The main reason that we won the championship that we have a better guard.( The other reasons we have better team chemistry(playing with the same players for many years) and a better coach of course)

If you ask my opinion i think she will play for Galatasaray next season. But if you ask if i know anything about it i don't know very much. Nevriye is our captain and of course i wanted her to stay and end her career at Fenerbahçe. But it is said that she want a three year agreement from us, i don't think it is logical. Last two season she was not that good. It is doubtful that she can play 3 more seasons.

• Thank you dexter :)

I really hope that Maya will play for Galatasaray..After Taurasi left, we need a good SG and that is Maya Moore..She didn't have a great season in Ros Casares as expected but it was her first appearance in Europe so that I believe she will play better this year..

What I have learned is that Galatasaray wanted Sancho so much before she agreed with Casares..The coach said that we had lost a lot of time with Sancho to agree with her but she didn't..After that GS couldn't find any good European PF because the bests were already agreed with other strong clubs in Europe..Maybe this is the year Sancho will play in Turkey..But I don't think that Fenerbahce will get her because you already have Verameyenka, Matovic, Nevlin and Biba..

This year Nevriye's situation is getting complicated really..She is a great PF that every teams wants to see her in its roster..And I know that she wants to play in 2014 World Championship which will be hosted by Turkey so big possible she will play 3 more season..

• Does Anyone know good basketball forum?

http://www.lovewomensbasketball.com is a great site too..There are news from all over the world..Wnba, European Leagues, transfer news are included..

News from Turkey:
    Ceyhan Belediyesi is interested in Croatian NT one of starter Jelena Ivezic..She played in Euroleague last season(Gospic Croatia)Her stats in Euroleague 11.8 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.2 apg..

Homend Antakya, finished 8th in Turkish league last year, signed with Jolene Anderson from Lotos Gdynia.. She played in Euroleague last year and her stats were 15.8 ppg :super: , 3.8 rpg and 1.6 apg.

Istanbul Universitesi, finished 12th(the last team) in Turkish league, signed with Jessica Davenport from Chevakata Russia, the team played semi final in Eurocup. Her stats in Eurocup: 9.8 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.3 apg .. The team has agreed with Irına Osipova, Essence Carson and Tuğba Palazoğlu..

• Ros Casares have withdrawn from Spanish league and EuroLeague Women. :huh:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Tarsus Belediyesi (the team finished seconf to the last last year and will play play out next year) signed legendary Spanish player Amaya Valdemoro :super: :white: :white: ..She has played for Spain NT for many years and she is the captain of Spain..She spend last two season in Rivas Ecopolis and this year she reached to the final where they lost to another Spanish team Ros Casares..

Great transfer really :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :obey:

• Kadir what do You mean? Finished second to the last year and will out :?:

This year we had 12 teams in TKBL(Turkish Women's Basketball League) and Tarsus finished second to the last(11th)..Turkish federation decided to raise the number of teams that will play in TKBL(14 teams will play in TKBL next year), so that the two teams finished 11th and 12th(Tarsus and İstanbul Üniversitesi) will play play out games against the teams that finished 3rd and 4th in TK2BL(2nd devision)..That is it Bartek :drink:

• I read some news about Sancho Lyttle and Maya Moore may play for Galatasaray next season.Hope it's true coz Galatasaray was very late this season so the roster could be like,

C : Fowles,Wauters
    PF : Lyttle,Bahar
    SF : Torrens,Saziye
    SG : Moore,Prince (?)
    PG : Isil,Yasemen

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Homend Antakya (they finished 8th in the league last season) signed with Shekinna Stricken(Wnba-Seattle Storm)..She was drafted as 2nd pick this year and she started her WNBA season well too..Her stats has been like that this season: 7.0 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg ..

• Well, I have to say many WNBA stars and good players are coming to Turkish League every year and 2014 World Women's Basketball Championship will be held in Turkey but here there is no official broadcast yet.

Fenerbahce matches are broadcast locally on FB TV, Galatasaray matches are broadcasts on GS TV.

Sports TV broadcasts only Turkish Cup and Super Cup matches :thumbdown:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Turkey is very rich country in volleyball and basketball category.

From where have You money?

• Turkey is very rich country in volleyball and basketball category.

From where have You money?

Actually basketball and volleyball are totally different..In volleyball Vakıfbank,Galatasaray,Fenerbahce and Eczacıbaşı are really rich but some of teams have some economical problems..For example Yeşilyurt isn't such a rich team..They try to exist in 1st league with young players(I am surprised with their transfers like Kristan Richards and Karolina Kosek though)..on the other hand,This year it seems Ted Kolejliler will invest much more money..

In basketball it is more complicated for me..I am quite sure that the teams except Galatasaray and Fenerbahce doesn't have so much money(Botaş's budget is quite high too and İstanbul Üniversite has a new sponsor this year)..However other teams like Mersin Belediyesi, Tarsus Belediyesi,Samsun Basketbol, Homend Antakya doesn't have very big budgets..I am quite surprised with their transfers from WNBA and Euroleague teams.. I think Turkish league attracts those players not a huge salaries..However, these transfers make the league more competetive for sure :super: :drink:

• By the way Tarsus Belediyesi signed with another Spain NT player Cindy Lima(196 cm, her position is center) after they have signed with Spain NT player Amaya Valdemoro..I am curious about their two non-Europeans players..

• Does Anyone know which Clubs will play in EuroLeague and EuroCup?

FIBA statement will be on July but for sure must be some info.

I have read that in EuroLeague f. ex from France will be for sure Arras which was in half part of Ranking so money at least make difference in rules where here should play Top Teams from each country.