World Basketball

• Sancho Lyttle and Nevriye Yilmaz in Galatasaray

Source : http://lovewomensbasketball.co…yilmaz-and-sancho-lyttle/

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• http://lovewomensbasketball.co…yilmaz-and-sancho-lyttle/

On this link the title is ''Galatasaray bolster frontcourt by signing Nevriye Yılmaz and Sancho Lyttle''

If Galatasaray have already signed with them, whey it is not announced yet on the offical page of Galatasaray. I hope these news are true and I will watch these two players in Galatasaray jerseys. We already have Fowles, Wauters and Bahar so if we add Nevriye and Lyttle our 4-5 position would be awesome :cheesy: :cheesy: One more thing, I have been following this site for a long time and I didn't read any wrong news there. I have already seen such news before so I beleive it is true. :win:

• How do results look?

Today begins World Olympic Qualif Tournament.. in Ankara..

• How do results look?

Today begins World Olympic Qualif Tournament.. in Ankara..

We are the champions

TÜRKİYE (73): Tuğba Palazoğlu 6 (5 ribaund), Birsel Vardarlı 4 (1 ribaund-3 asist), Nilay Kartaltepe, Esmeral Tunçluer 6 (3 ribaund-1 asist), Işıl Alben 11 (2 ribaund-3 asist), Nevriye Yılmaz 10 (8 ribaund-4 asist), Yasemin Horasan 2 (1 ribaund), Şaziye İvegin 6 (2 ribaund-3 asist), Bahar Çağlar 10 (4 ribaund-2 asist), Begüm Dalgalar (1 ribaund), Tuğçe Canıtez (4 ribaund), Kuanitra Holingsvorth 18 (13 ribaund-1 asist)

England: (54): Natalie Stafford 4 (6 ribaund-3 asist), Rose Anderson 5, Stef Collins 4 (5 ribaund), Racheel Vanderwall 1 (2 ribaund-1 asist), Chantelle Handy 6 (2 ribaund-1 asist), Julie Page 4 (6 ribaund-1 asist), Jo Leedham 14 (1 ribaund-2 asist), Azania Stewart 4 (8 ribaund), Temi Fagbenle 10 (4 ribaund), Dominique Allen 2 (2 ribaund-1 asist), Jenaya Wadefray

1.PERİYOT: 17-17
    2.PERİYOT: 13-11
    3.PERİYOT: 20-12
    4.PERİYOT: 23-14

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• World Women Olympic Qualification Tournament - Ankara (1st day)

Group A:
    Turkey 65-53 Puerto Rico - Stats

Group B:
    Czech Republic 70-51 New Zealand - Stats

Group C:
    Croatia 84-62 Mozambique - Stats

Group D:
    Canada 89-23 Mali - Stats

Today's program:
    Mozambique - South Korea
    New Zealand - Argentina
    Turkey - Japan
    Canada - France

For more infos:
    http://london2012.fiba.com/pag…d//sid/6232/schedule.html

• Ros Casares and Cras Basket Taranto will not participate to Euroleague next year so FIBA has wild cards. I have read that Turkey has one wild card and will participate with 3 teams(Galatasaray , Fenerbahce and wild card). The candidates for wild card:

-Kayseri Kaski: The team played final in Eurocup last year and they have transferred very good players such as Asija Jones(2012 Euroleague MVP), Evanthia Maltsi(2009 Eurobasket MVP), Nuria Martinez(Spanish NT guard) and Nicky Anosike(from WNBA).They will keep Latoya Sanders(who will have a Turkish citizenship next year, for me she was the best player in Eurocup last year). They have some good local players as well. However what I have heard is that the team wants to win Eurocup next year and not very interested in wild card.

Botaş: Botaş played semifinal in Eurocup last year and finished 5th in the league(they couldn't make it to the semi final in the league). There are rumors that they will build a strong team for next year and their aim will be to win Eurocup as well as Kayseri Kaski. They aren't very interested in wild card as well.

İstanbul Üniversitesi: They have built a very strong team for next year. They finished last in the league last year but they will play play out next year(I have described above).They have transferred Irına Osipova(RUS NT), Essence Carson(she played final with Rivas in Euroleague), Jessica Davenport(WNBA - Indiana Fever), Tuğba Palazoğlu (TUR NT), Nilay Kartaltepe(TUR NT, she was the assist leader of Eurocup last year).They have still one spot for European player and I believe if they will get wild card this player,the player will be the same level as the other foreigners in the team. Even though if they can't get wild card for Euroleague, they want to play in Eurocup.

Tarsus Belediyesi:They finished second to the last in the league last year(11th) and will play play out as well as İstanbul Üniversitesi.They have transferred Amaya Valdemore(Spain NT, one of the best players in women's basketball history) and Cindy Lima(Spain NT). It is said that if they will get wild card for Euroleague they will transfer Erica De Souza(Perfumerias Avenida, WNBA-Atlanta Dream) and the leagend Delisha Milton Jones. :super:

I am curious which team will get wild card but it seems 8 teams from Turkey will participate to European Cups next season(3 Euroleague and 5 Eurocup) :super: :thumbsup:

• World Women Olympic Qualification Tournament - Ankara (2nd day)

Group A:
    Turkey 65-49 Japan - Stats
    (Turkey finished 1st in Group A)

Group B:
    New Zealand 51-54 Argentina - Stats
    (New Zealand has no more chance to go to Olympics)

Group C:
    Mozambique 65-71 South Korea - Stats
    (Mozambique has no more chance to go to Olympics)

Group D:
    Canada 47-56 France - Stats

Today's program:
    South Korea - Croatia
    Japan - Puerto Rico
    Argentina - Czech Republic
    France - Mali

For more infos:
    http://london2012.fiba.com/pag…d//sid/6232/schedule.html

• EUROLEAGUE WOMEN CLUBS ANNOUNCED

FIBA Europe has announced the list of teams that will participate in the 2012/13 EuroLeague Women season. The Regular Season line-up features 21 clubs, which will be drawn into three groups of seven (7) teams. Each team will play against the other teams in its group in home and away games (Round Robin).

The Draw takes place in Freising, Germany on Friday 6 July.

Turkey received a wildcard which was used by Tarsus. CSM Targoviste will make their ELW debut as Romanian champions with another wildcard.

The 21 clubs that will enter the draw are:

Arras Pays d'Artois (FRA)
    Rivas Ecópolis (ESP)
    BK Brno (CZE)
    Sparta&K M. R. Vidnoje (RUS)
    Bourges Basket (FRA)
    Tarsus Belediye Spor (TUR)
    CSM Targoviste (ROU)
    Wisla Can-Pack Krakow (POL)
    Famila Schio (ITA)
    UMMC Ekaterinburg (RUS)
    Fenerbahce (TUR)
    Uni Györ (HUN)
    Galatasaray (TUR)
    Uniqa Euroleasing Sopron (HUN)
    Good Angels Kosice (SVK)
    USO Mondeville Basket (FRA)
    CCC Polkowice (POL)
    Novi Zagreb (CRO)
    Nadezhda (RUS)
    ZVVZ USK Prague (CZE)
    Perfumerias Avenida (ESP)

source

• World Women Olympic Qualification Tournament - Ankara (3rd day)

Group A:
    Japan 79-70 Puerto Rico - Stats

Group B:
    Argentina 54-68 Czech Republic - Stats

Group C:
    South Korea 75-83 Croatia - Stats

Group D:
    France 87-33 Mali - Stats

There won't be played any matches today and the quarterfinals will be played tomorrow.

Quarterfinals:
    Croatia – Canada
    Czech Republic – Japan
    Turkey – Argentina
    France – Korea

The teams that will win the quarter final matches will get the ticket to London.The loosers of quarterfinals will play each other and the winner will get the last ticket.Total of 5 teams will go to Olympics.Quarterfinals will be played on Friday.

• Real emotions will start today where Argentina and South Korea who are favourites in today's matches will face vs Canada and Japan.

Yesterday's matches were close but Europe's Teams controlled games.

• World Women Olympic Qualification Tournament - Ankara (4th day)

Quarter Finals:
    Croatia 59-56 Canada - Stats
    Czech Republic 53-47 Japan - Stats
    Turkey 72-58 Argentina - Stats
    France 80-63 South Corea - Stats

*Turkey, Croatia, Czech Republic and France got the Olympic tickets :super: Congratulations for all teams :drink:

**There is still one more ticket for Olympics.It will be given to team that lost in quarter finals.Semifinals will be played on Saturday in order as follows:

Canada - Argentina
    Japan - South Korea

• World Women Olympic Qualification Tournament - Ankara (5th day)

Semifinals for the last ticket:
    Japan 79-51 South Korea
    Argentina 41-58 Canada

Today Japan and Canada will fight for the last ticket!

• World Women Olympic Qualification Tournament - Ankara (6th day)

Final for last ticket:
    Canada 71-63 Japan

*Canada got the last ticket for Olympics. The teams will go to Olympics from the qualification tournament:

-Turkey
    -Czech Republic
    -Croatia
    -France
    -Canada