Basketball - Eurocup Women

• Elitzur Ramla held on for a 61-53 triumph at Arras on Thursday night to win the EuroCup Women.

With the square knotted after the first leg in Israel, there was all to play for and Arras started strong, opening up a 13-5 lead by the end of the first quarter.

Adan Inbar's side hit back with a vengeance in the second frame, however, outscoring the hosts 28-9 to take a 33-22 advantage to the changing rooms.

Israel international Shay Doron had 10 points at half-time for Ramla.

Arras stormed back and closed the gap to 45-41 by the end of the third quarter and they kept the pressure on in the fourth, but Ramla kept their noses in front to claim the biggest win in club history.

Laine Selwyn and Le'Coe Willingham each had 15 points for Ramla and Doron finished with 14.

Doron and Willingham each had seven rebounds.

Arras were led by Pauline Akonga's 13 points and seven boards with Olesia Malashenko contributing 10 points.

• The Gold Team:

No Name Pos. Height Birth date Place of birth

Alison Hinton F 1.80 12.03.1988 NJ (USA)

Hajdana Radunovic C 1.92 10.01.1978 Podgorica (MNE)

4 Shay Doron G 1.75 01.04.1985 Tel Aviv (ISR)

5 Natasa Ivancevic PF 1.88 08.05.1981 Backa Topola (SRB)

7 Laine Selwyn PG 1.72 16.05.1981 New York (USA)

8 Ornit Shwartz F 1.86 21.06.1979 Hadera (ISR)

9 Shiran Zairy PG 1.66 18.01.1986 Kfar-Saba (ISR)

10 Rivi Grinboym F 1.79 07.07.1978 Hadera (ISR)

11 Le'Coe Willingham PF 1.88 10.02.1981 GA (USA)

13 Tanasha Wright G 1.77 29.11.1983 Brooklyn, NY (USA)

15 Elena Aizenshtat G 1.73 15.06.1970 Uzbekistan (UZB)

21 Ganna Zarytska SF 1.82 08.06.1986 Zaporozhje (UKR)

Head Coach: Adan Inbar

Assistant Coach: Eidan Avshalom , Nimrod Meital

• Men's Eurocup

Semi-Finals:

[RUS] - [CRO] 87-66

[ESP] - [ITA] 75-63

Finals:

The Bronze Medal Match:

[CRO] - [ITA] 59-57

The Gold Medal Match:

[RUS] - [ESP] 92-77

• Men's Eurochallenge

The Semi-Finals:

BC SPARTAK SAINT- PETERSBURG [RUS] - BC LOKOMOTIV KUBAN [RUS]

KK KRKA NOVO MESTO [SLO]- BC TELENE OOSTENDE [BEL]

• Bartek, I think should open a new thread as Eurocup 2011/12

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• 5 Teams from Russia here is standard, 5 Teams from France and 4 Teams from Turkey ! Dexter or Kadir please tell Me which foreign Players will play in that Clubs?

• 5 Teams from Russia here is standard, 5 Teams from France and 4 Teams from Turkey ! Dexter or Kadir please tell Me which foreign Players will play in that Clubs?

Beşiktaş:
    -Ilona Korstin (Russian NT)
    -Amber Harrist (Minnesota Lynx)
    -Courtney Vandersloot (Chicago)
    -Jantel Lavender (LA Sparks)
    We don't know the local players yet.But Turkish NT member Yasemin Horasan and Naile İvegin played there last season.

Botaş:
    -Marina Kress (Belarusian NT)(She won Eurocup with Galatasaray in 2009, she won bronze medal with NT in 2007 Eurobasket, she was the member of the Belerus team which finished 4th in 2009 Eurobasket and 2010 World Championship)
    -Monica Wright (She played in Lotos last year-Euroleague. Her stats in Euroleague: 17.4 ppg,4.7 rpg, 2.8 apg :cheesy: . She was choosen to Euroleague All Star game)
    -Quianna Chaney (She played in Eurocup last season-Yerevan, 10.2ppg, 3.4 rpg, 3.2apg)
    -Natalia Terglav Tratsiak (She will play in Eurocup)(Belarus)
    They got Turkish NT player Nilay Kartaltepe too.

I will inform you about the other Turkish teams too :D

• Botaş:
    Marina Kress
    Monica Wright
    Quianna Chaney
    Natalia Terglav Tratsiak
    And they also signwith Courtney Paris

About Ted Ankara Kolejliler. When i saw this name i thought it was a mistake. I know they had only men basketball team but i learned that they have a women team too. :what: They promoted first league this year. I didn't know anything about this team and why federation chose them. :white:
    No news about Panküp Şekerspor transfers either. :|

• Bartek, this informations are for you..about the other two teams from Turkey which will participate Eurocup this season.

Panküp Kayseri Şeker:
    They have signed with only 2 foreigner but they will sign 2 more foreigner too.
    -Ivory Latta, She plays for Tulsa Shock in WNBA and she is the best scorer of the team. WNBA profile
    -Anna de Forge. I think you will remember her from Eurobasket.She played for Montenegro and was one of the best player in her team. Her stats in Eurobasket Women 2011 is 13.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.6 asp.

Optimum Ted Kolejliler:
    They have signed 2 foreigner but they will sign 2 more foreigner.
    -Matee Ajavon, She plays in Washington Mystics. She played in Fenerbahce and İstanbul Üniversitesi. WNBA profile
    -Victoria Dunlop, She is Ajovon's teammate. This year her first season in WNBA.Dunlap was selected the first round of the 2011 WNBA Draft(11th overall) by the Washington Mystics. WNBA profile

• Sweden's Telge beat Russia's Novosibirsk !

Switzerland's Sdent beat France's Basket Landes !

Unbelievable results.

• Lombos 52-90 Botaş
    Lotto Young Cats 58-69 Beşiktaş
    Dexia Namur 62-68 Optimum Ted Ankara Kolejliler
    Maccabi Bnot 49-71 Kayseri Kaski

Bartek
    What do you think about these results? It seems your theory about Turkish teams die away :D :P