2011 WNBA

• Play-Offs
    Indiana- New York (New York)
    Connecticut-Atlanta (Atlanta)
    Minnesota- San Antonio (Minnesota)
    Seattle- Phoenix (Seattle)

My predictions are Indiana, Atlanta, Minnesota, Seattle

thanks for updates and stats..

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• My predictions are Indiana, Atlanta, Minnesota, Seattle

thanks for updates and stats..

You're welcome.

Indiana is not playing well lately. They lost 3 regular season games against Atlanta and yesterday Tamika Catchings didn't play, because they played to lose. :rolll: If they won Atlanta would be 4th but they lost and they will play against New York. But there is Cappie. :super: I believe in her and I want New York- Atlanta Conference Final.

• You're welcome.

Indiana is not playing well lately. They lost 3 regular season games against Atlanta and yesterday Tamika Catchings didn't play, because they played to lose. :rolll: If they won Atlanta would be 4th but they lost and they will play against New York. But there is Cappie. :super: I believe in her and I want New York- Atlanta Conference Final.

I know but they have Katie Smith :D :teach: yes agree with you New York - Atlanta could be in the Eastern Conference Finals :win:

btw Penny Taylor has signed multi-year contract extensions to remain with the Phoenix Mercury, the team announced today :flower:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• The Atlanta Dream’s Angel McCoughtry was named the WNBA’s Eastern Conference Players of the Week :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

For McCoughtry, the Player of the Week award is her fourth of the season, tying the Connecticut Sun’s Tina Charles for the most weekly honors. This is Smith’s first Player of the Week for the season and the third time a Storm player has earned the honor (Swin Cash, July 5; Sue Bird, July 11).

McCoughtry helped the Dream go 2-0 as it secured the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference Playoffs. For the week, McCoughtry led the league in scoring (33.5 ppg) and blocks (3.0 bpg). McCoughtry’s 33.5 scoring average was nearly 12 points better than her season average of 21.6 ppg. McCoughtry finished the season less than a tenth of a point behind Phoenix’s Diana Taurasi (21.63 ppg) for the league-lead in scoring in what was the closest such race in WNBA history.

In a 93-88 victory over the top-seeded Indiana Fever Sunday, McCoughtry led the Dream (20-14) with 32 points, including seven in the fourth quarter when Atlanta broke open a 71-71 tie with a 13-4 spurt. McCoughtry started the week with a 35-point effort as the Dream moved into third place in the conference with an 85-74 victory over the Connecticut Sun last Tuesday.

• Who will win the series? 3

1. Indiana Fever (2) 67%
    2. New York Liberty (1) 33%

Who will win the series? Indiana or New York ?

• Who will win the series? 3

1. Atlanta Dream (2) 67%
    2. Connecticut Sun (1) 33%

Who will win the series?

• Interview with Taurasi about Seattle games. :rolll:
    Full interview

The Storm never seem to lose at home. Why's it so tough to play at Key Arena?
    "Probably because they have a small lower bowl, so it gets crowded really quick down there. It’s more of an old-school arena, where the crowd’s a little closer to the court. It really gets going down there."
    Does a crowd like that ever get intimidating?
    "Nahhhh, I’ve played in Turkey – nothing intimidates you like Turkey."

• New York Liberty 72-74 Indiana Fever
    Cappie Pondexter 18 pts, 6 assists
    Katie Douglas 25 pts, 6 rebounds

Phoenix Mercury 61-80 Seattle Storm
    Penny Taylor 13 pts, 3 assists
    Tanisha Wright 21 pts, 5 reb, 3 assists
    -------------------------------------
    Next games of these series
    Sat, Sep 17
    4:00 PM ET

IND @ NYL
    Sat, Sep 17
    10:00 PM ET

SEA @ PHO
    ------------------------------------
    Today's games
    7:00 PM ET
    ATL @ CON

9:00 PM ET
    SAN @ MIN
    -----------------------------------

• New York Liberty 72-74 Indiana Fever
    Cappie Pondexter 18 pts, 6 assists
    Katie Douglas 25 pts, 6 rebounds

I told you but.... :D

Fever & Storm leads series 1-0 :super: I think Seattle will win the series 2-1

• Liberty will win next two games.
    I couldn't watch the game Live Access doesn't broadcast play-offs But score was tied in the last minute of the 4th quarter if Pondexter hadn't made that turnover at 00:18, things would be different

Playoff time :cheesy:

Liberty will win the series 2-1 it's a possible but very hard and Cappie is a big player but Indiana is better team than Liberty i think, because they have Tamika,Katie maybe Tammy

I hope Fever will win the series 2-1 or 2-0 ;)

• Atlanta Dream 89 - 84 Connecticut Sun :super:
    The Dream used a balanced scoring attack to take Game 1, 89-84, over the young Sun in Connecticut on Friday. Lindsey Harding's 21 points led five players in double figures for the Dream, who held a 47-29 advantage on the rebounds. Renee Montgomery led the Sun with 16 points.
    The Atlanta Dream appeared to be in trouble when leading scorer Angel McCoughtry headed to the bench with her fifth foul with 9:10 remaining Friday night
    McCoughtry finished with 16 points despite missing most of the final period. Erika DeSouza and Armintie Price scored 14 apiece for Atlanta, and Sancho Lyttle had 13 points and 11 rebounds.
    Renee Montgomery and Asjha Jones had 16 points apiece for Connecticut.
    McCoughtry didn't return until the final minute.
    ``Angel said, `Coach they're doing good without me, don't put me back in,''' Atlanta coach Marynell Meadors said. :lol: ``She's all about winning. Every game with Atlanta and Connecticut are grind it out. I give a lot of credit to Connecticut. They put a defense on us that caused us some issues. But we played and persevered.''
    Atlanta held Connecticut leading scorer Tina Charles to 12 points and outrebounded the Sun 46-29.

Other semi-final game : Minnesota 66 - 65 San Antonio

Source

• WNBA 2011awards
    DeWanna Bonner Named 2011 WNBA Sixth Woman of the Year
    New York's Kia Vaughn Named 2011 WNBA Most Improved Player
    Minnesota's Cheryl Reeve Named WNBA Coach of the Year
    Minnesota Lynx Forward Maya Moore Named 2011 WNBA Rookie of the Year

2011 ALL-ROOKIE TEAM
    Maya Moore
    Danielle Robinson
    Courtney Vandersloot
    Danielle Adams
    Liz Cambage

• I was thinking that she could not be a good player with this body but after the match that i watched her against Lynx yesterday my opinion changed about her.She has a really good basketball technique and knowledge.She was the best player against Minesotta Lynx :win:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: