Roland Garros 2011

• 1st Round - Women Singles

Samantha Stosur (AUS) - Iveta Benesova (CZE) : 6-2, 6-3

Francesca Schiavone (ITA) - Oudin : 6-2, 6-0

Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) - Kimiko Date-Krumm (JAP) : 6-0, 6-2 Go Caroline ! :super:

Maria Sharapova (RUS) - Mirjana Lucic (CRO) : 6-3, 6-0

Ana Ivanovic(SRB) - Johanna Larsson (SWE) : 7-6 0-6 2-6

1st Round - Men Singles

Roger Federer (SUI) - Feliciano Lopez: 6-3, 6-4, 7-6

Rafael Nadal (SPA) - John Isner : 6-4, 6-7, 6-7, 6-2, 6-4

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• In Men's singles I think Djokovic will win, he's unstopable this season :obey: :super:

I've watched today Wozniacki - Wozniak, it was good match, great fighting by Wozniacki in second set tiebreak !

• Poor Kimiko :( She's such an amazing player! Too bad she lost to Wozniacki so easily. But anyways...I'm really glad that Maria is through to the next round! :) It wasn't tough match to her, she hadn't any problems with Lucic and it looks like she's still in a very good shape! Keep it up Maria! Maybe it sounds funny, considering that clay is Maria's worst surface...but after watching her playing so well in Rome I have a lot of hope and I really believe she's manage to make a really good result in Paris.
    Ivanović :read: This girl is really pathetic this year. Well...not only this year, but it's her second defeat in 1st round of Grand Slam. I'm not a huge fan of her, but it's sad to me when I go back to old memories from 2007/2008 season...she was playing SO well, and now what? This is just sad.
    There is another sad news...I've heard that Patty Schnyder has played her last match...well...not only in Roland Garros, but generally...it was the last match of her carrer. I'm really not happy because of that...well...Patty has never been my favourite player, but the way she played...oh god, she was really brilliant! So smart!

• Ah well, if Murray don't win a slam now, he will never do it!
    His draw is way too easy compared to Nadal, Federer and Djokovic.
    Rafa's draw is indeed hard, especially with Davidenko still hanging arround. Hopefully Davy will make it to R3 :lol:
    That said it is more likely Djokovic taking the title here beeing fitt and undefeted the whole season up to now! Lol, this new gluten free diet did the magic!
    I am not a fan of his, though, his stile is quite boring to me, especially the matches with Nadal. I prefer to watch Gasquet - Federer much more. Those single handed bakhands are such a joy to watch. :heart:
    Apart from the obvious top 4 contenders - Soderling might get a chance too, as he made the final last 2 years. Also Ferrer and probably Melzer. Unfortunatelly Berdych and Almagro are out :wacko: . Not really smart decisiong from Almagro getting exsosted right before RG with those small tournaments...a Wozniacki-like.

About the ladies - got heartbreaked with Ana Ivanovic! Damn Ana! :evil:
    I' ve been liking Petkovic recently - she is very fresh and new, as well as Sania Mirza - her stile is qite interesting to watch! not that they have a chance, though!
    Azarenka, Kvitova, Sharapova, Sam, Kim and maybe Caro could probably win the title, with Caroline the less favorite. It will be verry unpredictable here since almost everybody having a chance among the ladies! Ah, and of cource the deffending champion - Francesca! :lol: She is cool!

• Unfortunatelly Berdych and Almagro are out :wacko: . Not really smart decisiong from Almagro getting exsosted right before RG with those small tournaments...a Wozniacki-like.

About the ladies - got heartbreaked with Ana Ivanovic! Damn Ana! :evil:
    I' ve been liking Petkovic recently - she is very fresh and new, as well as Sania Mirza - her stile is qite interesting to watch! not that they have a chance, though!
    Azarenka, Kvitova, Sharapova, Sam, Kim and maybe Caro could probably win the title, with Caroline the less favorite. It will be verry unpredictable here since almost everybody having a chance among the ladies! Ah, and of cource the deffending champion - Francesca! :lol: She is cool!

I can already see the final of RG :D lol Guess who will be the finalists? I will suprise u! Rafa Nadal and Nole Djoković :D I will cheer for Rafa of course, even though deep inside my heart I kinda can't belive he, or anyone else can beat such Nole. He's just INSANE.
    Yup, yup! Nicolas Almagro is out! :lol: Well...not that I don't like him or something, but I'm just extremly glad because Łukasz Kubot defeated him. Great match! More dramatic five-setters, please! :sos:
    Yes, I totally agree with u Nadejda about ladies tournament! There is no just one favourite, I like ur list, I definitely agree with that! I really want Maria to win RG! I know, this is something extremly hard, considering that she hates clay and this is theoretically her worst surface, but she has been playing so well on it lately! I absolutely loved her performance in Rome! I hope she will keep playing like this! Maria, please win this RG title, for god's sake! :lol: Hmm...I would include to this list of RG favourites Li Na. To be honest, I haven't seen her game lately, so I don't know whether she's in a good shape or not, but personally I think she is always a tough opponent to play, very dangerous player :P Hmm...I really like Caroline, she's very cute and nice girl, but I don't think she'll be manage to win RG title...there are plenty of players, who play a lot better on this surface than Caro, but still, considering her rank and attitude, she can be among the favourites.

• :lol: :lol: :lol:

tennis addicted here, me join the club, both hands up :dance6:

up to the question:

this final Rafa - Nole will be sooooo boooring, damn, I've found myself cheering for Murray :wall: :lol: recently to just bring some intrigue since Fed is getting older and less dangerous :( Oh well, time goes by....

Rafa may have a very difficult way to the final considering the upcoming R3 with Davy - you now Davy may be old and out of shape but still carring a Rafa loss in his bag :D . So then Soderling and... Murray. If he ever reach the final with Nole will be extreamly exhosted! I will also cheer for Rafa then, I don't like Djokovic at all. So my biggest wish is someone beet him at the end, maybe Del Potro meanwhile :D would be nice!

As for the ladies - I've seen a match Li Na vs Sam and she put some effort in the first set, lost in tiebreak and the get 6-0 the second one. Not very promissing. And Caro was struggling with... Varvara Lapchenko???WTF? :cheesy: ah well this Lapchenko defeted Flavia Peneta after all so maybe not that bad...ah... WTA...you never know... :cheesy:

• Go Karolina Wozniacka ^^ :super:

I'm watching to match Sania Mirza vs Radwanska

Radwanska leads 5-2 and Soderling won the 1st set 6-3

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• *raised hands* :lol: I'm tennis addicted since 2005 Wimbledon- I just fell in love with Maria Sharapova, the final was brilliant, but unfortunately Maria didn't defend the title, but she had to play against one of the best grass court players in the world- Venus, so that wasn't a shame to lose against such opponent at all.

Yeah, the final will be extremly boring, but it really seems to me it will look like this...personally I would like to see the final Kubot-Djoković :lol: and after dramatic five-setter Kubot takes revenge on Djoković from Rome, Nole can't believe he's almost crying and Łukasz is dancing cancan :lol: Ok, I should really stop, it doesn't make any sense...or..does it? :lol: Yeah I also cheer for Andy Murray a lot! He has got such a bad luck, I really want him to win a Grand Slam title and it really doesn't matter whether it is RG, AO, USO, or Wimbledon... :) I hope he can make a good result here, come on Andy! (btw, but if I had to choose between Andy and his brother- Jamie, I would definitely choose Jamie! :whistle: :lol: He's such a funny and nice guy :cheesy: lol). Well...I have nothing against Djoković, but he's definitely not my favourite and yeah, it would be great if del Potro would get a chance to beat him! He's one of my favourite players :lol:
    Men's draw seems to be so boring this year to me......or is it just me?
    Ladies draw looks a lot more intersting...there are so many girls who can get the title! It's gonna be really interesting!
    Btw, I've just read that Kim Clijsters is out of the tournament! Oh man, so early! I wouldn't expect Rus to defeat Kim! Oh WTA :roll:
    Btw, Poor Sabine :(

• Go Karolina Wozniacka ^^ :super:

I'm watching to match Sania Mirza vs Radwanska

Radwanska leads 5-2 and Soderling won the 1st set 6-3

Yeah and both Karolina and Agnieszka are through to the next round :) Agnieszka defeated Mirza 6:2; 6:4 and Karolina defeated Aleksandra Wozniak 6:3; 7:6. I've heard that speaker and umpire had some problems with their polish surnames :lol: lol Yeah, Wozniacki and Wozniak are quite similar.

Kubot :obey: Łukasz defeated Carlos Berlocq 6:3 7:6(4) 6:3 and advanced to the III round! :super:

• Maria has fought in 3 sets match against the french Garcia
    Masha alonge with Vika Azarenka are my favorites for Roland Garros this year
    Vika has a match right now against an other french Parmentier

• Yeah, the final will be extremly boring, but it really seems to me it will look like this...personally I would like to see the final Kubot-Djoković :lol: and after dramatic five-setter Kubot takes revenge on Djoković from Rome, Nole can't believe he's almost crying ( :rolll: )and Łukasz is dancing cancan :lol: Ok, I should really stop, it doesn't make any sense...or..does it? :lol:

Men's draw seems to be so boring this year to me......or is it just me?

Ladies draw looks a lot more intersting...there are so many girls who can get the title! It's gonna be really interesting!
    Btw, I've just read that Kim Clijsters is out of the tournament! Oh man, so early! I wouldn't expect Rus to defeat Kim! Oh WTA :roll:
    Btw, Poor Sabine :(

Lol Kubot on the final dancing cancan would be great :D :dance4: even better if not Djokovic, but Federer there :lol: lol!
    I am a long live fan of the Swiss maestro :obey: :obey: :obey:

Melzer, Baghdatis and Davidenko (no match with Rafa :( ) are out. I though it couldn't be worse than Miami, but is seems it could...
    Hopefully Wawa still there, so does Richie Gasquet :heart: and Dologopolv.

So far 6 qualifiers at R32 in a grand slam! I wonder why? Maybe the new balls are making the results quite unpredictable!

I haven't seen Jamie Murray playing yet, I know Andy is playing doubles with him from time to time. Also interesting to see Marko Djokovic. Must be verry dificult to have so famous brother. Can't avoid all the comparison...

Ah Kimi and Sania ;( that's why I don't follow WTA that much, a lot of hearbreaks!
    Sabine ;(

• i must admit French open is the least favourite grand slam for me. i follow WTA more often than ATP and girls just simply can't play on that surface. footwork and overall movement is like big joke :lol: and the amount of surprices and random winners is just way over the top. i wonder who will win this year. Sharapova seemed to be in nice form but that 3 setter with girl from France i never heard before :wall: Azarenka is quite consisten lately she might grab the title if she won't have any injuries. Wozniacka - tbh i can't stand her and her moonballing is just unwatchable. i hope Jelena Jankovic will show what she is made of here. she wasn't playing well but french open is french open -i think it may be her last chance to win GS.

for guys i'm rooting for Novak and Del Potro. such a shame they will meet in 3 rd round :( Djoko is unstoppable this season , he is clear favourite of winning the whole thing , however he has really tough draw so he may be tired in semifinal/final stage. Nadal is not the same Nadal as last year and Federer is so so lately

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Wozniacka - tbh i can't stand her and her moonballing is just unwatchable. i hope Jelena Jankovic will show what she is made of here. she wasn't playing well but french open is french open -i think it may be her last chance to win GS.

for guys i'm rooting for Novak and Del Potro. such a shame they will meet in 3 rd round :( Djoko is unstoppable this season , he is clear favourite of winning the whole thing , however he has really tough draw so he may be tired in semifinal/final stage. Nadal is not the same Nadal as last year and Federer is so so lately

Yep, Caro's moonballing is almost as legendary as Nadal's one :lol:

I am not happy with the fact that both top ATP and WTA players are so defensive.

It is the new style of playing keep at the baseline and push and push and push :sleeping:
    very boooooriing... I prefer much more agressive players with style, attack, nice touch at the net, finess and lovely volleys and dropshots...but there are so rare these days...

• N.Djoković vs J.M Del Potro 1:1 so far...(6:3; 3:6...)
    Djoković finally dropped a set :lol: Come on Juan! :box:
    Wozniacki is out of Roland Garros! She was beaten by Daniela Hantuchova. Good job Danka :dance4:This girl is soooo defensive...as u guys noticed she pushes, pushes and pushes. I really can't stand it when she hits the ball on the middle of the court all the time and this moonballing...this is just pathetic :lol: But we need to admit that she's a real hard-worker...with almost no offensive skills.
    Yeah, I also got pissed when I saw the score from Maria's match against this French girl (I don't know her as well), but I believe she hasn't lost her good shape from Rome.

Hopefully Wawa still there, so does Richie Gasquet :heart: and Dologopolv.

Yes, come on Richard and Alex! :super: but anyway I'm cheering the most for Del Potro :lol:

• Eh, well, while there are not any surprises in the male compation and the top 4 reached the semifinals: Nadal, Djokovic, Federer and Murray, the ladies tournament proves inpredictable ones more time:
    Marion Bartoli, Francesca, Sharapova and Na Li to fight for the title!
    :lol: Good luck Federed and Murray, Na Li and Schiavone! Would be great if we have a Chinese grand slam champion! :woohoo:

• Hope Li-Sharapova winner will be champion :super: If Li wins she will be the first Asian GS winner :woohoo:If Sharapova wins she will complete her GS collection :dance6: Schiavone is a good clay court player but she won Rolland Garros just previous year let others win Fran :lol: and Bartoli has no chance against Li/Sharapova guess.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Well if Scooby Doo thinks like Starnight it will be like this- Eczacibasi won the Cup this year so the Club should let to win the Cup Others in the new season. :D :D :D

• Federer :obey: :obey: :obey:

I've just learnt that Wozniacki's mother Anna Wozniacki was a Polish volleyball player and played for the NT too.

• Roger Federer :obey: :obey: :obey: the Greatest Of All Time ! A Legend! Impressive!

Wow, :woohoo: we should never write the 16 Grand Slam winner off! Amazing match to put an end of the great streak of Djokovic!

:lol: I am very happy, cause 3 of the 4 my favorite won their matches in semifinals!

Ladies final today! Francesca Schiavone vs Na Li! Whoever wins this I will be happy! Like them both! Maybe better if Li wins this and becaming the first Chinese grand slam winner in singles! She is 29 I think, so time to award his hard work! Wouldn't mind Fran winning as well, cause she is so cool 8)

Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer!

Two of the greatest players of all time! It is more likely Rafa getting the title here, but I would be extremely happy if Roger somehow manage to win!!
    Good luck, Roger! :cup: