World Athletics

• I will probably follow our runners and ofc one and only Tomek Majewski :) But I'm a bit sad - gosh, I'm almost depressed! - 'cause again Wojciechowski won't participate :(

• I like and watched a lot :D however I created such topic in the past for one WCH and later changed thread's name, but there were not many interested :(

Poland had the best WCH ever :thumbsup: but Kenya was a leader, taking most medals in runs as Jamaica :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I followed them too!! Great to watch, and really enjoyable :thumbsup: and high jump is definitely my favourite event ^^

• i guess no one here likes athletics

I love athletics! It is queen of sport :D
    I was watching all the time this year championships. Polish commentators were emphasizing (I totally agree) that TV realization was awful. Almost all of the field events were played back when everyone knew result. As I remember - presentation of participating nations in relays was more important than discus throw - it is sport event and putting above some attractions is unacceptable. My complains are because we got 7/8 medals in field events and non of them were transmitted 'live'.

Also during this champs I got confirmation that Russian sport depends on forbidden doping - a lot of withdrawn and banned athletes in the last few months, huge scandal and it is not the end and the weakest result in the history.
    By the way, it is very hard for me to understand IAAF politics. For example - Olga Kuzienkova (Russian hammer thrower) after many year was caught for using some steroids and she lost only gold medal from WCH 2005. In such case it is clear that she did not take this shit only to prepare for one event and all of the medals should be taken back and such name should be erased from whole event tables! There are many examples like that and I do not understand IAAF politics. Caught once - lifetime banned.
    Or other example, very funny. Belarusian hammer thrower Ivan Tsikhan won gold at WCH three times (2003, 2005 and 2007) and he was tested positive only in 2005 (after few years) and lost this gold medal and I as understand he needed this doping just to save his gold that he won two years before... and two years after he did not need that.

And now, during writing this, I got recall that some of the athletes that lost their medals in Beijing 2008 after being tested positive, saved their medals after some lawsuits, because laboratory in Beijing was not conformed to the standards - 8| Olympics Games or circus? IMO somebody had their intentions to do that and the rest had luck.

And in Polish newspapers are many articles that the next empire of doping is Kenya and their national president allows all movements.

Yes, I am complaining only... :D

I hope since their is new president of IAAF things will change a lot in world athletics and doping controls will be more strict.

• Went to Beijing to watch the event, enjoyed it as always I enjoy athletics in the stadium. If you have an opportunity to go to watch the big athletics event - do it, very entertaining.

• Have You heard that IAAF banned Russia because of frauds in anti-doping ests, including countr taking part into it :call:

their atheltics' NT may be excluded from OG in Rio :whistle: :!:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Have You heard that IAAF banned Russia because of frauds in anti-doping ests, including countr taking part into it :call:

their atheltics' NT may be excluded from OG in Rio :whistle: :!:

Yes, it's all over the news here in Russia. That would be a shame if Isinbayeva and Chicherova wouldn't compete in Rio, I'm sure they've gone through doping test hundreds of times during their careers.

• Reviving this… been quite a week.. from Richardson not being eligible.. to the athletes from Namibia not being eligible…

to the 400m hurdles being a highly contested event this summer

Femke Bol is in great shape!:love: Hope she can keep her head cool during the Olympics and can fight for a medal!^^

• Peruvian kimberly garcia won first 2 gold medals in the history for their country Peru in race walk 20 km and 35km

• Kinda "weak" competition was expected tbh, not necessarily in terms of results, we witnessed some great ones, 10 CR so far (one WR included), but due to Russia ban, some retirements or just ommisions, not great shape of some stars (Elaine), I almost forgot about this competition, but athletics always worthy of watching, although timezones really give me hard time to watch in live.

Alyson Felix :rose:(the most inspiring athlete in the world for me), she won at least one medal on every WCH since 2005 (Moscow 2013 is the only exception due to injury). So nice to see her for one more time on the track.

Shericka Jackson finally with the gold and with the stunning result, 2nd best in the history.

I'm really sorry for Mahuchikh didn't win gold, not because she is Ukranian,...,but because she really have nice results in last couple of years and in Lasitskene absence i really cheer up for her.

Some interesting disciplines at the end day, pole vault M, long jump W, decathlon, relay's, it should be fun.