Figure Skating

• Do You remember Brian Orser who trained Kim Yu Na who is Grand Prix, World and Olympic Champion?

Since that year He trainings Javier Fernandez from Spain who had position between 9-14 last year.

Two days ago in World Grand Prix Skate Canada in short program He won :!: He beat. actual World Champion CAN Patrick Chan and actual Four Continents Champion and World Champion 2009/2010 JPN Daisuke Takahasi :!:

At least He got Silver after long program. Here is sensational short program. Orser is Wizard.

Men

Final Results
    Pl Name Nation Points SP FS

1 Patrick CHAN CAN 253.74 3 1
    2 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP 250.33 1 2
    3 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 237.87 2 3
    4 Adam RIPPON USA 217.97 4 4
    5 Denis TEN KAZ 212.39 5 6
    6 Ross MINER USA 202.36 9 5
    7 Andrei ROGOZINE CAN 193.40 6 7
    8 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL 179.21 8 8
    9 Alexander MAJOROV SWE 177.84 7 9
    10 Elladj BALDE CAN 151.57 10 10

• Where are the Russian ice skaters ???

IMO, Plushenko is one of the bests or Yagudin, they were technicaly superb

Russian skater Yevgeny Plushenko was disqualified for breaching the rules of the International Skating Union (ISU). Turin Olympic Champion and 2010 Vancouver silver medalist, Plushenko was suspended from any international competitions for an indefinite period.

The conflict resulted from Plushenko’s skating in demonstration shows without his federation’s approval after he withdrew from the World Figure Skating Championship in Turin due to a knee injury. Yevgeny even submitted a medical record, advising him to refrain from physical activities for several weeks.
    The International Skating Union accepted his withdrawal and recommended the Russian Figure Skating Federation to temporarily suspend Plushenko’s participation in any skating events, including exhibition performances, which might aggravate his injuries.
    Still, on March 30th and 31st, audiences in St. Petersburg and Moscow enjoyed the skater’s appearance at “Kings on Ice” show. Accompanied by his colleagues, Yevgeny Plushenko then left on a world tour without getting official permission from the Figure Skating Federation and the ISU.

• is this the european championchips ??? i need to watch them

live transmission here :)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Burak will watch the video and I will ask Him- Is 4U Kozuch still No 1? He asked- Who is Kozuch?

• 2012 ECH Ladies

Result

FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
    1 Carolina KOSTNER
    ITA
    183.55 1 1
    2. Sila SAYGI
    TUR
    183.47 7 2
    3 Kiira KORPI
    FIN
    166.94 2 4
    4 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI
    GEO
    165.93 4 3
    5 Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA
    RUS
    164.13 12 2
    6 Viktoria HELGESSON
    SWE
    160.82 5 5
    7 Ksenia MAKAROVA
    RUS
    159.59 3 7
    8 Alena LEONOVA
    RUS
    158.78 6 6
    9 Valentina MARCHEI
    ITA
    146.84 7 9
    10 Yretha SILETE
    FRA
    145.50 8 11

• New season is starting today.

Skate America.

Curious how looks Flatt. Last year She was too fat to figure skating and She had the worst season.

Flatt ?, Leonova and Wagner as Contenders to Medals.

• 22 year old Kim Yu Na came back in Dortmund with the best results of the year and said that She will retire after 2014 Sochi

Olympic champion Kim Yu-na completed her triumphant return to figure skating competition on Sunday by winning the NRW Trophy in Dortmund, Germany with the season's best total score.

Kim overcame one fall in an otherwise assured free skate routine to end her 19-month sabbatical with 201.61 points, including the 72.27 she was awarded for the season's best short program on Saturday.

The 22-year-old Kim was competing in the second-tier competition to secure a place at next year's world championships.

"I'm happy that I could reach my goal today," said Kim, who needed just 28 points from the short program and 48 from the free skate to ensure her participation in London, Ontario, Canada.

"At the beginning of the program my spins were going well but I made one mistake. Afterward I felt shaky but I persevered to the end. I was actually surprised at the score I received. That was unexpected. I think I did my best, the best I could, even though I don't feel I've shown all I can do. But overall I'm satisfied with the result today."

Xenia Makarova of Russia was second with 159.01 points, while Sweden's Viktoria Helgesson finished third at 158.93.

Mao Asada of Japan reached the season's previous best of 196.80 when she won the Grand Prix Final on Saturday in Sochi, Russia.

"If we do end up in the same competition, I think we will each just focus on our own choreography and skating," Kim said when asked about her biggest rival.

Kim, known as "Queen Yu-na" in her South Korean homeland where she enjoys rock star status, hadn't competed since the world championships in Moscow in April 2011, creating unprecedented demand for tickets to see her return at the International Skating Union-sanctioned competition.

The modest 200-capacity venue sold out in two hours, security was drafted in for the first time in six years of the event, and one woman even brought along her poodle.

With indelible poise and sublime grace, Kim started her routine to music from Les Miserables, launching herself fearlessly into jumps and landing with implausible softness.

She landed six triple jumps, a triple Lutz-triple toe combination and four more triple jumps. But she fell on a double toe loop after a lapse in concentration and acknowledged that the rest of her routine was affected despite earning 129.34 points, 22 in front of Japan's Satsuki Muramoto and 29.88 more than Makarova, who placed sixth in the free skate.

"I was caught off-guard because I assumed it was an easy jump," said Kim, who holds world records in the short program (78.50) free skate (150.06) and combined total (228.56) from the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver.

"I will focus on just this jump next time. Since this is only a mistake in the first competition [since returning] I think if I focus on it I can improve and not make any mistakes."

Kim sat out the 2011-12 season to mull over her future and announced in July she would return this year and retire after the 2014 Sochi Games.

"After this I'm going to return to Korea and focus on the Korean national championship, preparing for that. Since entry to the Olympics depends on it, I'm going to prepare very hard for it, not just for me but so all the other young skaters in Korea can also gain entry to the Olympics," Kim said.

"About Sochi, it's not too far away, but this season only just started so I'm going to focus on the season first and think about that later."

Kim reunited with two of her childhood coaches, Shin Hye-sook and Ryu Jong-hyun in October, after parting ways with Peter Oppegard, her American coach of two years. She still works with Canadian choreographer David Wilson.

Performances from Dortmund

• She is OUTSTANDING!! :obey:

• Yuna Kim won South Korean National Championship and she secured her place at World Champs in March in Canada !

• Yuna Kim won South Korean National Championship and she secured her place at World Champs in March in Canada !

Short Program

Free Skating

Medal Ceremony

Kim Yu-na wins S. Korean figure skating title, qualifies for world championships

SEOUL, Jan. 6 (Yonhap) -- Female figure skating star Kim Yu-na captured the South Korean national title here Sunday with a flawless free skating performance, qualifying for the upcoming world championships in the process.

At the 2013 Korea Figure Skating Championships, Kim scored 145.80 points [ Her World Record is 150.06 points ] to top the free skating portion of the ladies' singles competition and won the title with a total of 210.77 points [ Actual No 2 in progression of Highest Scores ]. Kim earned 64.97 points in Saturday's short program to lead all 18 skaters, despite a rare fall early in the routine.

With Sunday's victory, Kim, 22, qualified for the 2013 world championships to be held in March in Canada. Kim has never finished off the podium in her senior career, which began in 2006.

Before a sellout crowd at Mokdong Ice Rink in western Seoul, Kim performed her free skating to a compilation of songs from the popular musical "Les Miserables." She started off with a clean triple lutz-triple toe loop combination to set the tone. She followed up with flawless spins and step sequences, and nailed more jumps the rest of the way to surpass 200 points for her second straight event.

Kim had scored 201.61 points to win the NRW Trophy in Germany last month, Kim's first competitive event in almost two years.

A 15-year-old Park So-youn took second place with 108.68 points in free skating and 161.88 points in total. Choi Da-bin, a small 12-year-old, was third after scoring 99.88 points in free skating for a total of 153.09 points.

Kim said afterward she had to battle nerves before taking the ice.

"I settled down once the music started, and I tried to skate like I had in practice," Kim said in a televised interview. "I didn't think I could get over 200 points, but I was able to stay composed until the end. The world championships are just around the corner, and I hope to stay healthy and prepare the best I can."

Kim had last competed at the national championships as a junior in 2006. As the 2009 world champion and the 2010 Olympic gold medalist, Kim entered this event as the overwhelming favorite. She needed to win this title to qualify for the 2013 world championships.

After the 2011 world championships in Moscow, Kim sat out for 20 months while contemplating her future. The extended hiatus led to speculation that she might retire, but in July last year, Kim announced her return to competitive skating with an eye on the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.

Kim will bid to become only the third female figure skater to successfully defend an Olympic gold medal. Sonja Henie of Norway won three consecutive gold medals in 1928, 1932 and 1936, and Katarina Witt of Germany claimed back-to-back gold medals in 1984 and 1988.

Because she missed the entire 2011-12 season and the early portion of the ongoing 2012-13 season, Kim was forced to enter the national championships here for a chance to earn her spot at the world championships.

This was the 67th edition of the national figure skating championships, and the Korea Skating Union (KSU), the national governing body of figure skating, charged admission for the first time in the event's history, as Kim Yu-na's participation drove up fans' interest level. According to the KSU, all 4,800 tickets were sold out within minutes of going on sale online.

Though she has missed much action in the past two seasons, Kim has remained a highly visible figure through corporate ice shows and appearances in commercials.

Kim holds three world records with 78.50 points in the short program, 150.06 points in free skating and 228.56 points in total score. All three marks were set at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.

• She is so IMPRESSIVE ! I mean,she never placed off the podium,at every competition in her whole career got at least bronze!!! It's sad she stopped for almost 2 years,she lost motivation because she was winning everything,but still,even after that hiatus she is best and I hope she'll win gold at Worlds and at Sochi Olympics !