Ski Jumping

• I'm oficially opening this thread because:
    - I noticed there is no such thread
    - And this sport is worth to talk about
    - Too avoid off topics
    - Plus ski jumping is a big chunk of my childhood and I guess not only mine

So everybody welcome and feel free to bombard this place with tons of posts :D

• I'm oficially opening this thread because:
    - I noticed there is no such thread
    - And this sport is worth to talk about
    - Too avoid off topics
    - Plus ski jumping is a big chunk of my childhood and I guess not only mine

So everybody welcome and feel free to bombard this place with tons of posts :D

I hope this is not only thought after yesterday amazing won by Kamil :D,
    maybe I'll change topic name to Nordic Skiing, there is also nothing about cross country, I'm impressed how Justyna Kowalczyk can fight with army of Norwegians :), pity that she din't get a medal in Val Di Fiemme till today, I count on her tomorrow :roll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I hope this is not only thought after yesterday amazing won by Kamil :D

Nah. I'm a HUGE fan of ski jumping :D I'm not sure - it was so long time ago when I was a little kid - but I think ski jumping was my first fav sport that I started to watch even before volleyball. Actually I thought about creating such topic long time ago. Yesterday's success only pushed me to finally do that.

maybe I'll change topic name to Nordic Skiing, there is also nothing about cross country, I'm impressed how Justyna Kowalczyk can fight with army of Norwegians :), pity that she din't get a medal in Val Di Fiemme till today, I count on her tomorrow :roll:

Feel free to change it. We can talk about winter sports connected with skis... whatever you want ;)

• maybe I'll change topic name to Nordic Skiing, there is also nothing about cross country

I realize I'm no mod, but I would leave it as it is - won't get confusing ;) Besides, ski jumping deserves a separate topic. Don't know about bella, but I can assure you I'm gonna spam here A LOT :D

Quote from bella

I'm not sure - it was so long time ago when I was a little kid - but I think ski jumping was my first fav sport that I started to watch even before volleyball.

I would say that probably most people around my age in Poland grew up with ski jumping. It's kinda sick (in a good way) how quickly this whole deal has become a religion of some sort. I was worried that as soon as Małysz retires the interest will quickly fade away, but fortunately that was not the case. Besides, we have such a wonderful team right now - how could anyone not love these guys?

Soooo... In honor of our newest world champion:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :cup:

• Congrats Poland :drink:
    Maybe "our" Simon Ammann will be back next year in his best shape (as always for the Olympics) :lol: .
    Although i've almost completely missed the ongoing WCH, Nordic Skiing is also one of my favourite sports (together with Volleyball and Athletics (which could be a nice "summer" topic). I'm watching Nordic Skiing (and Athletics) since "ages" (far longer than Volleyball), at least since the 1992 Olympics. And i always liked Adam Malysz (such a nice guy).

• Nordic Skiing is also one of my favourite sports (together with Volleyball and Athletics (which could be a nice "summer" topic)

They are also my favourite sports :drink: sometimes because of this I can spent all day watching sport on TV :lol:

• ladybugg, have you seen or rather heard this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?f…er_embedded&v=mE-onuBsFI8
    :lol:
    Next time I will turn off the voice in tv and turn on the radio.

I would say that probably most people around my age in Poland grew up with ski jumping. It's kinda sick (in a good way) how quickly this whole deal has become a religion of some sort. I was worried that as soon as Małysz retires the interest will quickly fade away, but fortunately that was not the case. Besides, we have such a wonderful team right now - how could anyone not love these guys?

Yeah, they're together a perfect combination :D Seriously, I believe they can win a medal as a team. Since Slovenians don't jump well here (except Prevc ofc) and Austrians either (even Schlierenzauer has his problems)... All we need is two good jumping from every guy. And a little bit of cold head in case of Kot :D Ambitious guy... But he sometimes wants so bad to do well and it ends as it ended two days ago.
    Anyway, a lot of excitement ahead of us today :roll:

Maybe "our" Simon Ammann will be back next year in his best shape (as always for the Olympics) :lol: .

I wouldn't be so surprised seeing him with next two gold medals, to be honest :lol: Anyway, I will keep my fingers crossed for him as well so he can go back to the best shape. He's one of my favorite ;) I also can't wait for Ahonen's comeback with big hopes it will be different, a better comeback this time.

• Good day for us today :D silver by Justyna and surprising bronze by skijumpers, congratulations :cup:

• Wake me up, people, 'cause I must be dreaming! :roll: 20 long as eternity minutes of sadness after the competition and minutes of calculations in my head while I was asking myself how actually was it possible they lost a medal (eight-fuc*ing-tenths of a point c'mon... :wall:). Then 10 minutes of being angry for the whole world. After this half an hour BANG! We have a bronze. Unfreakin'believable! :woohoo:
    Here I'm watching Indoor World Championships in Athletics, emotions are still seething in me and suddenly a voice is saying that Polish skijumpers have a bronze medal because the judges made a mistake in the counting of points after Bardal's jump. Holy flying butterflies! At first I was like WTF?! :what: and then I couldn't stop laughing :gone: I'm sorry for that, I actually like Norwegians a lot, all of them, but I'm taking this bronze with big smile. Though I feel half terribly - what some morons did counting points wrong is just ugly, unacceptable and shouldn't happen never, let alone World Championships :thumbdown: And here we have the effects of combinations with the gate :aww:

Ok, breathe, breathe... :D

Having a bronze in our pocket and thinking about this competition calmly now I have to say it was a beautiful spectacle. Not only beautiful. INSANE. Fettner riding on one ski :lol: It was funny but also big respect for him :obey: Wanki coming back to great jumping after such bad times for him, a pleasure for me to see this comeback ^^ Morgi injured but happy, hopefully nothing serious happened with his knee and this medal will wake him up. And finally our fantastic four :heart: But grande grande rispetto for unquestionable king of this Trampolino Dal Ben - Kamil Stoch :cup: I'm on my knees :obey:
    Watching the end of the competition I was torn. I don't like combinations with the starting gate but on the other hand I knew that if Kamil won't lower it, we will have nothing. But when I saw the decision to change it from 19 to 17 :what: sweet Lord... 17! Come on, Kamil is brave but I didn't think Kruczek has got balls to do that, to let him! And from this 17 gate Kamil jumped so beautifully that I started to pour a fountain of tears ;( :obey: Later was the tears of disbelief and sadness... But it doesn't matter any longer.

Now all Poland is drinking and Piotrek Żyła is thinking what vodka he should buy for Morgenstern :D (Morgi apparently was the first person who inform our guys that there must have been a mistake and they have a bronze), Maciek Kot is complaining (typical) for his first jump and saying if it was better we would have silver... :D

Who would have think a few months ago that we, Poles, will fight to the last moment with Norwegians, Germans and Austrians? For sure, we have a dream team :thumbsup:

I'm flying :roll:

• ladybugg, have you seen or rather heard this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?f…er_embedded&v=mE-onuBsFI8
    :lol:
    Next time I will turn off the voice in tv and turn on the radio.

Massive :thumbup: Btw, although I do appreciate everything Zimoch does, he's just... I don't know... tad too shouty for me? :lol: Listening to him for a minute or two is fine, but I don't think I would handle the whole broadcast.

Quote from bella

I wouldn't be so surprised seeing him with next two gold medals, to be honest :lol: Anyway, I will keep my fingers crossed for him as well so he can go back to the best shape. He's one of my favorite ;)

Haha! I absolutely adore Ammann, even though he was the one to keep Adam from grabbing the Olympic gold. Who knows? :lol:

Quote from bella

20 long as eternity minutes of sadness after the competition and minutes of calculations in my head while I was asking myself how actually was it possible they lost a medal (eight-fuc*ing-tenths of a point c'mon... :wall:). Then 10 minutes of being angry for the whole world. After this half an hour BANG! We have a bronze. Unfreakin'believable! :woohoo:

I couldn't watch it! :( I was on my way to Warsaw at the time, tried following the contest on my phone, but without much success. When I finally got off the bus, the first thing I did was going in a mad search of a wi-fi zone that would actually work :D Found it, loaded sport.pl, and... depression. I was like: zero coma friggin' eight, ARE YOU EFFING SHITTING ME?! Thank god me & my friends were planning to go for a beer, because otherwise I really don't know how I would handle that. Another WCH and the same story all over again. Madness. And the next thing I remember was sitting down in a pub somewhere and loading some sport site once more, just for the sake of it. To read some comments. About five seconds later I was already squealing with joy like a little girl :rolll: And it hasn't stopped since.
    I love these guys. We finally have a true team. I didn't have time to watch the whole contest yet, but I'm gonna. Anyways - the first thing I did after coming back home was to search for some interviews. And I found this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0_Iw0Ixk8I The things Kamil said... There must have been hell of a lot of disappointment in the air at that time, but seeing how they can stick together and support each other... Touching.

Quote from bella

Now all Poland is drinking and Piotrek Żyła is thinking what vodka he should buy for Morgenstern :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyq--X4u1Ig Planica is gonna be fun 8o

Quote from bella

Maciek Kot is complaining (typical) for his first jump and saying if it was better we would have silver... :D

Ah, Kitty, Kitty... :hit: I always loved the fact that this guy is so ambitious. What's more, I believe with his skills and attitude he can be even greater than Stoch. But maaaaan, will he need a good shrink along the way.

Quote from bella

For sure, we have a dream team :thumbsup:

Yeah we do! :thumbup:

• Ahh, you have to watch it, ladybugg. It's already legendary! I feel only sorry that we couldn't enjoy this medal right after the competition seeing our guys having a crazy joy after last jump... Effing referees. Poor Norwegians.

Ah, Kitty, Kitty... :hit: I always loved the fact that this guy is so ambitious. What's more, I believe with his skills and attitude he can be even greater than Stoch. But maaaaan, will he need a good shrink along the way.

His "bitchface" scares me sometimes... Especially when things don't go his way. And he was such innocent adolescent a year ago... :D But being serious, great future is ahead of him, I feel it. He just has to chill his shorts sometimes. He's such a stylist. For me, in this competition referees lowered his notes a little.

For sure :rolll: But they can get drunk together, I mean Morgi and Żyła 'cause it will be the end of the season :D
    Planica is awesome, btw. I love this place :thumbup:

Btw. I didn't know that Dawid is actually the tallest guy and I was surprised during the award ceremony.

• His "bitchface" scares me sometimes... Especially when things don't go his way.

His reaction in Zakopane was priceless :lol:

"Maciek, just like McKayla Maroney, is not impressed".

• Ahhh, after individual in Lahti I'm so torn between feeling bad for Kamil and ecstatic for Maciek. Overall, it was a great time for the Poles. Even though some notes were a clear joke.

P.S. Now it's official - this season Pieter Ż. has become my newest hero :thumbsup:

• P.S. Now it's official - this season Pieter Ż. has become my newest hero :thumbsup:

Like a trillion of other people :lol:

Well, if not Lahti, then Kuopio. Kamil was just sensational! :thumbsup: I guess you feel now inversely if it comes to Kamil and Maciej, ladybugg :) Geez, Maciej didn't even make it to 30. But let's forget about it. I'm excited what's ahead of us. Kamil is "doing Małysz" now and attacking the podium of World Cup. I hope :D

• Like a trillion of other people :lol:

Yeah, he was funny and all, besides - talking about booze will always make you famous :D but a few days ago I finally saw this:

And it's like the perfect combination, the best out there and now I can easily admit that he bought me. His joy and sheer optimism are just so infectious :obey:

Quote from bella

Well, if not Lahti, then Kuopio. Kamil was just sensational! :thumbsup: I guess you feel now inversely if it comes to Kamil and Maciej, ladybugg :) Geez, Maciej didn't even make it to 30. But let's forget about it. I'm excited what's ahead of us. Kamil is "doing Małysz" now and attacking the podium of World Cup. I hope :D

Kamil! Kamil! Kamil! :cup: Finally! And how! I mean, it was a complete knock-down! In Kuopio he finally got all he wanted, is in top shape, now everything he needs to do is jump and the podium will come, hopefully.

About Maciek - the contest was somewhat a lottery and he lost. Tough luck, but the conditions he started in were terrible. I'm feeling calm before Norway, he will be fine and kicking :box: Besides, he's having a tremendous season already.

• As Piotrek Żyła sang, "don't worry, be happy" :D
    Can't wait for Trondheim but the most - for Planica (though it will be actually the end ;(). If Piotrek fulfill his promise, everyone will be concretely completely drunk :D

• No volleyball for a week now. Zero. Niente. Nada. Only ski jumping. Go Kamil, get Oslo, conquer Planica and take this 3rd place, even the 2nd!

• Wiewiór was awesome today :obey: :cup: Congratulations :flower: