English Premier League

• I was always a part-time football fan who watched all the Euros and World Cups possible, but never bothered to follow any of the major European leagues. And, up until last season, my knowledge of EPL was limited to watching an occasional Arsenal match. But as my frustration with international volley grew stronger and stronger, I found myself craving for a substitute sport to fill the void... and got hooked on immediately :D

So, my question is: does anyone here share the interest?

• I watched Man Utd matches because of Berbatov, now I watch Fulham for the same reason. But I don't like English football, it's very close to rugby - lots of running, tackling, crosses, high and long balls and almost no brains, technique, etc. That's probably why they are constantly raped by Spanish and German teams. And that's why their NT sucks big time.

Spanish football was the best for years but now I think German football will become the ruler of all. The players there are the perfect combination between tactics, physique and technique.

• Ah, see, I never really cared that much for the beauty. Spanish league I always found insanely dull because of total lack of competition other than Barca - Real (not to mention tiki-taka makes my teeth cringe). On the contrary, I think current PL season may soon turn out to be the most balanced and competitive in years. Bundesliga I just can't force myself to watch, guess all that Lewandowski transfer saga in the media has successfully put me off. I regularly root for BVB in the Champions League tho.

Besides, it finally seems like a pretty good time to be an Arsenal fan.

• Great idea, really! Can't believe I didn't come up with this earlier. I'm totally crazy about Chelsea. Donnu why. I guess I always have to find a team which I support literally dying in front of tv. Loving the Blues is pretty much like a hard nut to crack. But I can't stop. And if this craziness wasn't enough... I support Arsenal too. Can you believe it? Two teams in London. Ofc, when they face each other, always Chelsea wins in my heart. But still Arsenal is second. And another team making fans tearing hair out. I'm such a masochist... And ladybugg, as for your last words: with Arsenal you never know :D But I'm more than glad to see Mesut there.

• Great idea, really! Can't believe I didn't come up with this earlier.

:drink:

I'm totally crazy about Chelsea. Donnu why. I guess I always have to find a team which I support literally dying in front of tv.

Haha, me too :P In fact, when I was still a high school kid clueless about league football, I tried to start following EPL to impress some guy. I remember taking an instant liking to Chelsea's image, because they were "blue and from London" :aww: :rolll: And that was about it. Fortunately later, as I took some serious interest in sports in general, the Gooners somehow found me and won my heart in a natural, unforced way.

And ladybugg, as for your last words: with Arsenal you never know :D

Hah, tell me about it :D But still, it's not just the latest results I'm talking about. It's the whole feeling around the club. The fact thay they finally dared to make some good use of their money (and they still have much more to spend!). It's Ramsey, who's out of this world this season and I'm so proud of him, because no one in the club deserves it more. Giroud's had an impressive start as well, and there's still Poldi, Cazorla, Walcott... Arsenal is not a one-man team anymore. I actually believe the club is gonna be better off without Van Persie in the long run.

But I'm more than glad to see Mesut there.

Me too! Easily signing of the summer. I adore him to bits and I'm happy to see he's adapted quickly and is doing well.

• Haha, me too :P In fact, when I was still a high school kid clueless about football, I tried to start following EPL to impress some guy. I remember taking an instant liking to Chelsea's image, because they were "blue and from London" :aww: :rolll: And that was about it. Fortunately later, as I took some serious interest in sports in general, the Gooners somehow found me and won my heart in a natural, unforced way.

I tell you that guys totally aren't impress with my support for Chelsea :lol: It's always sth like "you're supporting Chelsea?!" and their looks tell me "you must be crazy, girl!". But honestly, I don't care. I remember when my friends, big fans of United or Liverpool or any other english clubs were telling me before semi-final of European Leauge that The Blues won't even defeat Basel. Hahah, who was laughing in the end? 8) They won a trophy. I know it's not Champions League, but still after so many troubles and poor performances it was a success. If it comes to my love to The Blues still I can't really describe what's the point and why them not United or City or whatever. I just feel kinda close to this team, in some way. I love these players andtheir chemistry on the court. Looking at them I don't know sometimes why this chemistry doesn't bring them to better results. I hope Mou finally do sth with this. Fix Torres and all the other stuff.

Hah, tell me about it :D But still, it's not just the latest results I'm talking about. It's the whole feeling around the club. The fact thay they finally dared to make some good use of their money (and they still have much more to spend!). It's Ramsey, who's out of this world this season and I'm so proud of him, because no one in the club deserves it more. Giroud's had an impressive start as well, and there's still Poldi, Cazorla, Walcott... Arsenal is not a one-man team anymore. I actually believe the club is gonna be better off without Van Persie in the long run.

Yeah, I was kinda shocked they finally decided to buy such a caliber Mesut is :D Can't wait for what he'll show this season. And the rest of the team. Olivier is playing well so far, indeed. As well as Ramsey. I'm waiting for Jack to finally wake up 'cause - this is another thing I can't really explain - I simply adore this guy. But my favourite gunner is still Santi! Together with Wojtuś :D I hope he'll have a good season, I really count on him. Can't wait for BVB - Arsenal match. It will be WAR :evil laugh:

• Ouh, a football thread on a volleyball board. Blasphemy...... :D

Well, i am following football as well. The team of my heart is FC St. Pauli, who plays german second division at the moment.

Regarding Premier League i once followed arsenal a bit, but that was mainly because of Nick Hornby's book "Fever Pitch". Fulham will always have a place in my heart for kicking out HSV in the euroleague semis :whistle:8) .

• Ouh, a football thread on a volleyball board. Blasphemy...... :D

Well, i am following football as well. The team of my heart is FC St. Pauli, who plays german second division at the moment.

Regarding Premier League i once followed arsenal a bit, but that was mainly because of Nick Hornby's book "Fever Pitch". Fulham will always have a place in my heart for kicking out HSV in the euroleague semis :whistle:8) .

Oh, so you also don't like HSV, that makes it two of us :) When I studied in Bremen I became a fan of Werder, I like their team. However, my favourite is AC Milan, no matter bad shape or not. But it's a Premier League discussion, let's not spoil it :)

• However, my favourite is AC Milan, no matter bad shape or not. But it's a Premier League discussion, let's not spoil it :)

Well, we should think about starting new topic, maybe :thumbup: English Premier League is so general... Since Champions League already started maybe ChL then? I like Italian football as well and like AC Milan too. Lately I started to follow two legends of this club - Maldini & Nesta. What came to my mind was what a pity I didn't watch football back then. Really, I missed so much... Anyway, talking about Italian football, I'm Juventus fan since I was a kid. I didn't really care about football then, I had no idea what offside is, hell, I wasn't aware of who is current World Champion. But I was watching Juventus' matches because my older brother was watching it. So this strange love from childhood stayed with me now in these times when I do care about football and know about this game more than average watche :D

I'm so offtopic but I hope ladybugg won't kick me out of here :gone:

• I'm so offtopic but I hope ladybugg won't kick me out of here :gone:

:box: :rolll:

A separate Champions League topic is a great idea. Or maybe we should rename this one somehow? I dunno. At first I wanted to create a new thread for European football in general, but assumed it'll get too messy.

• I'm Juventus fan since I was a kid. I didn't really care about football then, I had no idea what offside is, hell, I wasn't aware of who is current World Champion. But I was watching Juventus' matches because my older brother was watching it. So this strange love from childhood stayed with me now in these times when I do care about football and know about this game more than average watche :D

My love story with Juventus seems to be quite more complicated :D When I was a kid I used to watch my older brother's playing Football Manager. Yeah, I was able to sit next to him for couple of hours and observe what is he doing. Once upon a time I realized I want to play, too, even thought I simply didn't have any idea about teams and players. Accidentally during reading some sport newspaper I saw Pavel Nedved on the pic and I truly fell in love with him (he's still my favourite footballer). I asked: - "Hey, where is he playing?!" - "Juventus" - my brother answered. And that's how it started, it was probably 2003. It took me a few months to turn from typical gamer, who's love to Juventus was regularly growing up into the psychomaniac one. So yeah, Juventus all the way, until I die.

Premier League? Well, I follow Ozil's steps so maybe Arsenal this time. I mean I support this guy as much as I can and I still can't believe Real let him go so easy. Oh, and Chelsea, I forgot about Chelsea. Just because I'm waiting for them to fail to piss off my brother :lol:

• I tell you that guys totally aren't impress with my support for Chelsea :lol: It's always sth like "you're supporting Chelsea?!" and their looks tell me "you must be crazy, girl!".

Same thing with Gooners :D Or maybe that's just my friends, I dunno, but basically everyone I know supports either Man United or City. I remember reading on my Facebook feed recently something along the lines: "Jesus, I hate Arsenal so much!"

I'm waiting for Jack to finally wake up 'cause - this is another thing I can't really explain - I simply adore this guy.

He's still struggling to bounce back after the injury and I'm sure the position switch is not helping him. But I fully trust Wenger on this one.

But my favourite gunner is still Santi!

High five! And Podolski! These two have such positive attitude it must be infectious.

• A separate Champions League topic is a great idea. Or maybe we should rename this one somehow? I dunno. At first I wanted to create a new thread for European football in general, but assumed it'll get too messy.

Hmm, I think that if you created such thread then let it stay this way. I will be for sure pretty active here :D But we can create separate thread for Champions League. I'm taking it!

My love story with Juventus seems to be quite more complicated :D When I was a kid I used to watch my older brother's playing Football Manager. Yeah, I was able to sit next to him for couple of hours and observe what is he doing. Once upon a time I realized I want to play, too, even thought I simply didn't have any idea about teams and players. Accidentally during reading some sport newspaper I saw Pavel Nedved on the pic and I truly fell in love with him (he's still my favourite footballer). I asked: - "Hey, where is he playing?!" - "Juventus" - my brother answered. And that's how it started, it was probably 2003. It took me a few months to turn from typical gamer, who's love to Juventus was regularly growing up into the psychomaniac one. So yeah, Juventus all the way, until I die.

This sounds a little bit like my story but mine was about tennis. I was watching brother playing Virtua Tennis 2K2 and he always chose Tommy Haas. Then I started to play it myself though I have actually no idea how to play. I'll tell you I wasn't that bad even, donnu how I was doing it. Just pressed random buttons :lol: And guess... I always played Tommy. Love remained :D And now I'm SO offtopic :gone:

Yeah, I remember from my childhood that my brother had Nedved's jersey. Pretty big fan of him as well. And it's unbelievable but he's still wearing this jersey though it's totally too small for him! As for my biggest Juventus's crush - it's Gigi Buffon ofc :heart:

Oh, and Chelsea, I forgot about Chelsea. Just because I'm waiting for them to fail to piss off my brother :lol:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't break my heart ;(

Same thing with Gooners :D Or maybe that's just my friends, I dunno, but basically everyone I know supports either Man United or City. I remember reading on my Facebook feed recently something along the lines: "Jesus, I hate Arsenal so much!"

I know at least few people who support Gunners while none of them support Chelsea. And they're all cheeky to me because of my "blind love" for Chelsea. I'm like football martyr-supporter. No one can understands me. Friend of mine support Torres but it isn't enough to understand what I feel when my team lose...

• BOOM.

Best results ever today, both Manchesters down and Spuds drew against Chelsea :D But I have to admit I kinda wanted the Blues to win this one, Torres and Mata were awesome!

• BOOM.

Best results ever today, both Manchesters down and Spuds drew against Chelsea :D But I have to admit I kinda wanted the Blues to win this one, Torres and Mata were awesome!

Yeah, I read a lot about this match. I couldn't watch it and my eyes went really big when I saw Torres got a red card. I mean: WTF?! Can you tell me, ladybugg, what have actually Nando done?

PS. United is poor so far. I'm a bit sad for Robin only. Don't care about the rest.

• I was at work at that time and so I couldn't watch the match properly, but what I saw was Nando finally being a monster on that pitch and having this fighter/bad-boy attitude I like so much in a player. The red card was totally uncalled for IMO (it was a simple crash followed by faking an injury by the Spur), but some pundits said he deserved to be sent off much earlier, dunno why.

And about RVP, I don't feel sorry for him. At all. He made his choice, gonna have to live with it now (especially if Man United fail to improve drastically in order to compete for the top four this season). I mean, he already got the trophy he wanted so much, didn't he?

• It really looks like as if Özil was the missing link for Arsenal for challenging the top in premier league, as well as champions league.

What do you think about Serge Gnabry? I haven' had him on my radar so far and just noticed that he is german...... :roll:

• It really looks like as if Özil was the missing link for Arsenal for challenging the top in premier league, as well as champions league.

Apart from the unbelievable skills, he seems to be giving the team a huge boost of confidence and motivation. It's just like someone said (I think it was Wilshere or Walcott, not sure): they all must do much better now and work even harder so not to disappoint him.

What do you think about Serge Gnabry?

Like him! Sure, he's been given a chance recently mostly because of the injuries, but you gotta admit he made some good use of his time on the pitch. I mean, he played 3 quite impressive matches in just 7 days AND scored his first senior goal (away!). I think it's safe to say physically he's ready to compete in the Premier. And with Wenger as a coach he can only get better. There's gonna be a lot of competition in Arsenal soon when everyone's fit again, but you can never have enough of good backup in the midfield.

• Torres out of the game for at least 3 weeks. Not good. He just started to be a beast. :(

• Torres out of the game for at least 3 weeks. Not good. He just started to be a beast. :(

No worries, Mou probably just doesn't want to burden him with international duty while he's semi-fit, hence the break. Exactly the same story with Cazorla at Arsenal, he could've been back already.