2014 Winter Olympic Games - Sochi / Russia - 02/07

• Amazing Opening.

I agree, however we saw again a fault, this time with olympic circle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Figure Skating has 5 contest- Women's, Men's, Ice Dance, Pairs and new Team.

In Team area, in Men's Short Program first sensation Japan's Hanyu beat Pluschenko 97.98 to 91.39.

In Team area, in Women's Short Program second sensation- Russia's 15 years old Lipnitskaya took 1st place with 72.90, 2nd Costner with 70.84, 3rd Favourite Asada with 64.07.

• After today competitions Norway is leader of medal table. FULL MEDAL TABLE

Bjoerndalen got next gold in Sprint at the age of 40 :thumbsup: behind him were Austrian Landertinger and Czech Soukup. Favourite Martin Fourcade was 6th.

Bjoergen with next gold in Skiathlon, she defeated Kalla easily, 3rd was Weng. Johaug and Kowalczyk without medals.

In speed skating 5000 m we have Dutch Top 3, Kramer with Olympic Record, behind him Blokhuijsen and Bergsma.

In ladies' moguls the best were sisters Dufour-Lapointe (Justine 1st, Chloe 2nd) and American Kearney.

In men's slopestyle gold for American Kostenburg, silver for Norwegian Sandbech and bronze for McMorris from Canada.

• Opening ceremony was breathtaking :obey: though I was laughing from time to time when there were some minor faults appearing :D eg. these people in LEDs costumes who create some configurations and some of them seemed to forget where is left and where is right :rolll: funny but I can totally understand it, emotions and the importance of this celebration, even the biggest professionals might be confused :D

Great to see Bjoerndalen with the gold :thumbup: I hope for more from him.

So far I watched only figure skating. Freakin' polish television doesn't broadcast it fully and yup yup I know we have no Poles in this discipline but still I would like to see that. Yesterday fantastic programme to the music from "The Addams family" :rolleyes:

Now I hear Bachleda-Curuś was disqualified... Not good at all.

And I think I need to take some fresh air before ski jumpers start. A LOT OF FRESH AIR.
    EDIT: I just see in tv news Kranjec won't participate ;(

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited once, last by bella ().

• Team figure skating competition format is the most ridiculous thing to ever be held at Olympics. If everything will go to form, all medals will be decided even before the start of the last event - ice dance free skating. So we will have exibition skating after which skaters will get medals. It makes Olympic win less significant. I know Russia is desperately need more medals at this Olympics, so this team event was introduced even without any tests. My hope is this will be the first and the last time for it.

• In Team area, in Men's Short Program first sensation Japan's Hanyu beat Pluschenko 97.98 to 91.39.

Hanyu has won grand Prix just two months ago with big advantage, he leads world ranking. Plushenko on the other hand didn't have any real competition in years. Why do you call this result a sensation?

• That is so ugly:

" During the 2013 Russian championships in December Pluschenko won only the second place, the first time in fifteen years. He lost to Maxim Kovtun, eighteen-year-pimple-boy. The compound could nominate to participate in the Olympics only one of them, it seemed, therefore, that dream of Pluszczenko was in ruins.

But how is it - the Olympics in Russia without the most popular winter sports representative of this country? Something like that activists did not dare to do. They asked Yevgeny Pluszczenko to take part in the test behind closed doors were He shows quadruple jumps. He passed the exam and was admitted to the Olympics in Sochi where Russian Champion Kovtunov was eliminated ".

- Many thought that is I am already finished. They thought would be the new king. But no and I am still - says Evgeny Pluszczenko.

> http://translate.google.pl/tra…i-metresa%2Fx460x&act=url

• Hanyu has won grand Prix just two months ago with big advantage, he leads world ranking. Plushenko on the other hand didn't have any real competition in years. Why do you call this result a sensation?

According to Russian press Pluschenko is King.. You may read higher.

• MEDAL TABLE

Today results:

Kamil Stoch won on Normal Hil in Ski Jumpingl :thumbsup: Slovenian Prevc was second, while Bardal from Norway with bronze, Austrians without medal :thumbup: (Schlieri only 11th)

Surprises in men's downhill (Alpine Skiing) - Austrian Mayer was first, Italian Innerhofer 2nd and Norwegian Jansrud 3rd; Svindal 4th, Miller 8th.

In women's Biathlon sprint Slovak (Russian born) Anastasiya Kuzmina defended her title, 2nd Russian Vilukhina, 3rd Vita Semerenko from Ukraine (pity that Weronika Nowakowska-Ziemniak had a penalty, she could've been on top 3 ;( )

In women's Speed Skating 3000 m gold got Ireen Wust from Netherlands, 2nd was Czech Sablikova, while 3rd was Graf from Russia (I wonder why Bachleda-Curuś was diqualified :what: ).

Men's skiathlon (cross country) - title got Dario Cologna from Switzerland (good comeback after injury :thumbsup: ) 2nd was Hellner from Sweden, 3rd Sundby from Norway, Northug only 17th :whistle:

In men's Luge singles the best was German Felix Loch, 2nd Russian Demchenko and 3rd Zoeggeler from Italy.

In ladies' slopestyle (Snowboard) title got American Anderson, 2nd Rukajarvi from Finland and bronze for Jones from Great Britain.

Last competition was team competition in figure skating - for me it was so ridiculous :whistle: gold for Russia, Canada with silver, USA was 3rd.

• Gosh, Kamil left me speechless!!! :obey: I'm flying high somewhere over the rainbow unable to say anything clever :cheesy: I probably became stupid with happiness. Sure I did. KAMIL, you're even more wonderful than the most wonderful dreams :heart: This is total madness what's going on in Poland right now. I wish I was somewhere in the polish mountains now, drinking some serious liquors with Gorale :dance4: Hej, Polsko!

• Yesterday Results:

In Women's Super Combined (Alpine Skiing) gold got Maria Hoefl-Riesch (Germany), silver for Austrian Nicole Hosp, 3rd was Julia Mancuso from USA.

In Men's Pursuit (Biathlon) Martin Fourcade from France got a victory, 2nd was Czech Ondrej Moravec, 3rd Jean Guillaume Beatrix also from France; Bjoerndaen 4th with few seconds behind to medal.

In Men's Moguls (Freestyl Skiing) also gold and silver for Canada as in women's: title defended Alex Bilodeau, silver for Mikael Kingsbury, 3rd was Alexandr Smyshlyaev (Russia).

In Men's 1500 m (Short Track) gold for Chalres Hamelin (Canada), Tianyu Han from China with silver, Victor An (Russia) with bronze.

In Men's 500 m (Speed Skating) we have also Dutch podium: 1st Michel Mulder, 2nd Jan Smeekens, 3rd Ronald Mulder (Michel and Ronald are twins ^^)

We had also some non-medal competitions: first sessions in Curling, matches in Ice Hockey, first two Runs of Women's Luge and some other races in Short Track (Women's 500 m, Women's 3000 m Relay).

Thanks to 2 golds yesterday Canada is leader in medal table MEDAL STANDINGS

• this Oly is the most money spent on, true ? :?:

Yep, however knowing Russia not all money was spent on Olympic Games :whistle: in Russia there's big corruption and they don't do anything with this. For example: they spent 9 bln $ for railway from Sochi (next to Adler Arena) to Krasnaya Polana, but looking into estimate it was reckoned that this cost only about 5,5 bln $, proably in terms of other venues it looks the same :call:

• Yep, however knowing Russia not all money was spent on Olympic Games :whistle: in Russia there's big corruption and they don't do anything with this. For example: they spent 9 bln $ for railway from Sochi (next to Adler Arena) to Krasnaya Polana, but looking into estimate it was reckoned that this cost only about 5,5 bln $, proably in terms of other venues it looks the same :call:

yeah, Russia and Turkey are similiar about that.. :down:

• Today Results:

Women's Pursuit (Biathlon) - gold for Belarussian Darya Domracheva, 2nd Tora Berger (Norway), 3rd Teja Gregorin (Alovenia)

Women's Sprint (Cross Country) - 1st was Maiken Falla, 2nd Ingvild Oestberg (both from Norway), 3rd was Vesna Fabjan (Slovenia) - favourites Bjoergen, Randall (USA) and Herrmann (Germany) were eliminated earlier

Men's Sprint (Cross Country) - 1st was Ola Vigen Hattestad (Norway), 2nd was Teodor Peterson (Sweden) and 3rd was Emil Joensson (Sweden) after heroic battle - in final run 3 runners fell over :what:

Women's Slopestyle (Freestyle Skiing) - 1st was Dara Howell (Canada), 2nd was Devin Logan (USA), while 3rd was Kim Lamarre (Canada)

Women's Singles (Luge) - 1st and 2nd were Germans: Natalie Geisenberger and Tatjana Huefner, 3rd was American Erin Hamlin.

Women's Ski Jupming Normal Hill - historical debut, gold for Carina Vogt (Germany), silver for Daniela Iraschko-Stolz (Austria) and 3rd was Coline Mattel (France), surprise was no medal for World Cup winner Sara Takanashi (Japan).

Men's Halfpipe (Snowboard) - big surprise, Shaun White (USA) called as "flying tomato" without medal :what: gold got Iouri Podladtchikov (Switrzerland), silver and bronze for Japanese: Ayumu Hirano and Taku Hiraoka.

Women's 500 m (Speed Skating) - Sang-Hwa Lee (Korea) broke Olympic Record and won, 2nd was Russian Olga Fatkulina, 3rd was Margot Boer from Netherlands.

Except these competitions we had also Women's Ice Hockey - Group Stages, Curling - sessions in men's and women's competitions. Pairs also had their start with short program.

Leader of medal table became Norway FULL STANDINGS