2014 Winter Olympic Games - Sochi / Russia - 02/07

• Basically, this is not the full story. The key moment was that, after beating Plushenko at the national champ, Kovtun has failed the ECh (very low, I think he didn't get into first ten), which created a ground of his dismissal. Plushenko, in turn, is always sick and is in permanent recovery so this gave him some excuse. His reputation did the job here. It is indeed weird and Plushenko is indeed old and sick but the mere possibility of flying past first ten (let alone the pedestal) sounds to me like a good excuse.

• Today Results:

Two gold medals in Women's Downhill (Alpine Skiing)! The best were Dominique Gisin (Switzerland) and Tina Maze (Slovenia), bronze also for Switzerland for Lara Gut ^^

Great Russian success in Pair competition in Figure Skating: Volosozhar/Trankov (RUS) crushed opponents: 2nd Stolbova/Klimov (RUS) and 3rd Savchenko/Szolkowy (Germany).

Nordic Combined (Normal Hill, 10 km) - gold for Eric Frenzel (Germany), silver for Akito Watabe (Japan), bronze for Magnus Krog (Norway); Lamy Chappuis was 35th :what:

Mens Doubles (Luge) - 1st were Wendl/Arlt (Germany), 2nd Linger brothers (Austria), 3rd Sics brothers (Latvia).

Mens 1000 m (Speed Skating) again happy for Holland: Stefan Groothuis with gold, while Michel Mulder (500 m winner) was 3rd. 2nd was Canadian Denny Morrison.

Womens Halfpipe (Snowboard) - gold for Kaitlyn Farrington (USA), 2nd was Torah Bright (Australia), 3rd was Kelly Clark (USA).

We had also curling sessions and ice hockey matches (finals will be from 20th February).

After good day leader became Germany with 6 golds and 1 silver. The greatest amount of medals has Norway (12 - 4+3+5) STANDINGS

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Russian Pair in Figure Skating Volosozhar-Trankov, who won Gold Medal, broke World Record in Short Program.

• Too much for one day... Have to say that news about Kamil Stoch having a fall after landing completely knocked me to the ground :S I desperately was looking for some updates, more infos, explanations about what happened. Luckily, everything seems to be ok. Kamil was interviewed shortly and he even smiled during that. Ah, typical. He has to know that probably two-thirds of Poland held its breath for a while ;) Well, he didn't hit his head during an accident, thank God, and left venue on his own. But it was disturbing that he didn't move at all when he finally stop sliding on the landing. Just as if he fainted. But beside a little nose bleed and sore elbow it was nothing serious. "Polo" Tajner (I had to, Magiera called him like that and I almost choked :D ) is totally calm about the situtation. Sth like "every ski jumper experiences a little fall sooner or later, it's normal" :D Anyway, smiling Kamil convinced me to stay calm. Breathe, dude, breathe. To only add, Piotrek Żyła seems to not be consistent enough to compete. It was first training but still, I'm worried. Plus I heard that Russian ski jumper had more serious accident and he was taken to the hospital. This isn't normal, weather condition are doing mess. It's like fourth or fifth accident on venue ?(
    Fair enough, stop talking about ski jumping, a lot of more going on... ;)

Another thing made my heart stop were when those two Austrians on their - don't even know how to call it - sleigh? had seious trouble on track. The guy on top inhibited his foot during slide, don't know if he scared of sth or what but later was only worse and they had to do disturbing moves with hands and feet to keep the sleigh on the track. I normally don't watch this sport, called luge if I'm not mistaken, but today some devil tempted me and here we are, I'm even more convinced now that this is pure madness, with all these bobsleigh, skeleton and stuff.

I swear, Sochi is going to mentally finish me :wacko:

One positive accent is I finally watched figure skating. Still the programme to the music from "Addams family" rocks :thumbsup: The pair, Ksenia and Fedor, were the best for me, and their performance was simply flawless.

Women's Ski Jupming Normal Hill - historical debut, gold for Carina Vogt (Germany), silver for Daniela Iraschko-Stolz (Austria) and 3rd was Coline Mattel (France), surprise was no medal for World Cup winner Sara Takanashi (Japan).

Not Sarah Hendrickson here... I don't follow carefully women's competition but I thought she is kinda one of the favorites for medal. Since she is current world champion. WCh were some time ago though... Kondzio, did you watch the competition?

• Not Sarah Hendrickson here... I don't follow carefully women's competition but I thought she is kinda one of the favorites for medal. Since she is current world champion. WCh were some time ago though... Kondzio, did you watch the competition?

I watched end of 1st Round and almost whole second
    Sara could've even won it, but lost because she didn't jump as far as she can and her landings cost her too many points... problem was also graphics with blue line for leading - many girls reached it, but weren't first, however some landed so badly :whistle: after jump by Vogt I thought that she lost it, but she won and for me it was the biggest surprise. Iraschko jumped perfectly in final round, but because of lanidng she lost gold. Definitely the best in terms of landing was Mattel with bronze :D

Whole pleasure of watching of course spoilt commentator - Sebastian "NieSzczęsny" :wacko: - the main reason for my choice of Eurosport (Why on Earth didn't they buy rights for Olympic Games? :mad: ). I read comments on some websites and people wrote that he said the same things about jumpers in both series :what: he's so annoying, I prefer Błachut, Rudziński or even Szaranowicz and Snopek more. Of course annoying is also Chruścicki, his mistakes sometimes are so ridiculous :lol:

• Whole pleasure of watching of course spoilt commentator - Sebastian "NieSzczęsny" :wacko: - the main reason for my choice of Eurosport (Why on Earth didn't they buy rights for Olympic Games? :mad: ). I read comments on some websites and people wrote that he said the same things about jumpers in both series :what: he's so annoying, I prefer Błachut, Rudziński or even Szaranowicz and Snopek more. Of course annoying is also Chruścicki, his mistakes sometimes are so ridiculous :lol:

What? You can't be serious. I personally love the guy :D ok, I'm joking. He can interview players but in terms of commenting me and my papa chose Eurosport too :D

I think "the best job" are doing biathlons commentators. Talking about polish ofc :thumbup: Guys are so hillarious that even though I'm not so into this sport I watch it only to hear them :rolll: During first competition when Ziemniak-Nowakowska finished they were both screaming we had medal like we seriously had it. And someone who has no idea about what was going on would think "oh my world, first medal for Polska, let's go drink". WHILE there were still girls that didn't finish the run. Not to mention there were girls potentially still running for medal. Well, at least they were in heaven for seven minutes. I mean commentators :D

• What? You can't be serious. I personally love the guy :D ok, I'm joking. He can interview players but in terms of commenting me and my papa chose Eurosport too :D
    I think "the best job" are doing biathlons commentators. Talking about polish ofc :thumbup: Guys are so hillarious that even though I'm not so into this sport I watch it only to hear them :rolll: During first competition when Ziemniak-Nowakowska finished they were both screaming we had medal like we seriously had it. And someone who has no idea about what was going on would think "oh my world, first medal for Polska, let's go drink". WHILE there were still girls that didn't finish the run. Not to mention there were girls potentially still running for medal. Well, at least they were in heaven for seven minutes. I mean commentators :D

Biathlon duo looks better when it's classically on Eurosport - here we have Krzysztof Wyrzykowski with Tomasz Jaroński, while on TVP we have Wyrzykowski - Sobczyński :whistle: when Wyrzykowski comments biathlon with Tomasz Jaroński it's pleasure to hear both, they sometimes comment also cycling on Eurosport ^^ they have both exeperience and knowledge :win: now in TVP it sometimes looks hilarious, Sobczyski made too many mistakes, not only in biathlon, I heard some today also during figure skating :lol: another horrible comment has also Alpine Skiing ("Nieszczęsny" with some lady, they talk rubbish :whistle: ) and it also looks better in Eurosport (Domański, Kurdziel and Szafrański do it properly :thumbsup: ), the same with Cross Country - Marek Jóźwik is horrible, he also comented today nordic combined with numerous mistakes in reading names of competitors :mad: , fortunately Bernadeta Piotrowska doesn't comment in Sochi, but with Chruścicki on Eurosport it doesn't look good neither :whistle: Luge commentator is ok, the same should be in skeleton and bobsleigh (I suppose that also Pajda will comment those), Speed Skating and Short Track also have good commentators, I don't know how it looks in snowboard and freestyle skiing, though for me it was more professional that "Nieszczęsny" :rolll: also with hockey it looks ok, only in curling it's a mystery for me, because I haven't seen any single game in curling, though I'm so concerned and focused on Olympic Games :D

• Justyna :heart: - what a knock out today 8o :obey: Bjoergen without medal :thumbup:

• Wow, Justyna did it with a class :obey: She's such an inspiration, totally not to break :flower: I admitt it, I was a bit skeptical before. I mean, all this story with broken bone in her foot... She just won both with the rivals and with health obstacle. And shut people's mouths. Hats off :obey: Amazing achievement!

Decided that Kamil will jump in todays training ;) Sounds good. He's one tough guy as well :thumbup: hey, Gorale!

• What a sensation !!

Warm Up by Pluschenko.

Ladies and Gentelman- Short Program by Evgeni Pluschenko.

Pluschenko on ice with microphone.

Good evening Everyone. Thank You that You came today but I won't skate. Nice day..

Evan Lysacek said that during practise yesterday He can't do even 3axel and He never saw so many mistakes by Him.

• And We have 2nd sensation of the day.

German Skater with David Duchovny's smile took 4th place at the moment with better technical score than 3rd Fernandez.

• Today Results:

Women's 10 km Clssic (Crocc Country) Mgnificent win by Justyna Kowalczyk (Poland), silver for Charlotte Kalal (Sweden), 3rd was Therese Johaug (Norway), Bjoergen only 5th.

Men's 20 km (Biathlon) gold for Martin Fourcade (France), silver for Erik Lesser (Germany), bronze for Evgeniy Garanichev (Russia).

Men's Slopstyle (Freestyle Skiing) - American podium: Joss Christensen (1st), Gus Kenworthy (2nd), Nicholas Goepper (3rd), for me Henrik Harlaut should be a bit higher :mad:

Luge Relay - gold again for Germany (they grabbed all golds in luge :whistle: ), silver for Russia, bronze for Latvia.

Women's 1000 m (Speed Skating) 1st was Hong Zhang (China), 2nd and 3rd was gitls from Holland: Ireen Wust and Margot Boer.

Women's 500 m (Short Track) - 3 skaters fell over in final - gold for this, which didn't fell Jianrou Li (China), 2nd wsas Arianna Fontana (Italy), bronze for Seung-Hi Park (Korea).

Except medal competitions we had:
    - Short Track - heats in Men's 1000 m, Men's 5000 m Relay - here some surprises: Canada and Korea didn't qualify to finals, whil USA was added to final because of fall
    - First two runs in Women's Skeleton
    - Next session in curling and matches in ice hockey
    - Short Program in men's competition (Figure Skating) Hanyu and Chen with significant advantage, from 3rd to 13th we have only about 6 points difference, so we have many shuffles here

MEDAL TABLE
    Germany is leader of medal table with 7 golds, curious fact is that Netherlands got all 12 medals in Speed Skating 8o

• Men's Figure Skating Final Ranking:

1. Yuzuru Hanyu JPN 280 pts
    2. Patrick Chan CAN 275 pts
    3. Denis Ten KAZ 255 pts
    4. Javier Fernandez ESP 253 pts

• Today Results:

Men's Super Combined (Alpine Skiing) with some surprises - gold for Sandro Viletta (Switzerland), silver for Ivica Kostelic (Croatia), bronze for Christof Innerhofer (Italy).

Men's 15 km Classic (Cross Country) here also gold for Switzerland - Dario Cologna go it, silver and bronze for Sweden - Johan Olsson (2nd) and Daniel Richardsson (3rd).

Women's 15 km (Biathlon) - 2nd gold for Darya Domracheva (Belarus), second Selina Gasparin (Switzerland), 3rd Nadezhda Skardino (Belarus).

Women's Aerials (Freestyle Skiing) here also gold for Belarus for Alla Tsuper, 2nd Mengtao Xu (China, 3rd Lydia Lassila (Australia).

Women's Skeleton - gold for Great Britain - Elizabeth Yarnold, 2nd was Noelle Pikus-Pace (USA), 3rd was Elena Nikitina (Russia).

Last but not least - Men's competition in Figure Skating - Yuzuru Hanyu (Japan) with gold, Patrik Chan (Canada) with silver, Denis Ten (Kazakhstan) with bronze.

Today we had also curling, hockey and qualifications for Men's competition on Large Hill in Ski Jumping - Stoch didn't participate in qualification, he won training jumps ^^

After 44 from 98 competitions leader is still Germany (7 + 2 + 1), on second place after good days is Swizerland (5 + 1 + 1), on third place we have Canada (4 + 5 + 2)
    FULL STANDINGS

• Zibi Bródka :thumbsup: What a great run! Still my heart is almost jumping out after this - how to call it differently? - horror till the last seconds :white: Our another Olympic Champion :obey: Can you imagine that? 0,003 of a second :cheesy: The Dutch guy looked as if he would never ever forget this number :D And the Canadian who was that happy that even risked coming closer to clearly furious Dutch just to shout "Smile!" :rolll: Amazing afternoon. ZIBI YOU"RE GREAT, MAN! :obey: I'm thrilled and there are still ski jumpers to go ;) C'mon, guys! :box:

• Golden rush for Poland in Sochi :thumbsup: first was Zibi Bródka (Spped Skating, Men's 1500 m) with 0,003 second advantage over Koen Verweij (Holland) 8o third was Denny Morrison from Canada. Then Kamil Stoch (Ski Jumping, Large Hill) with second gold :obey: fully deserved win over Noriaki Kasai (Japan) (hats off for this guy, he's 41 years old and is still in great shape :!: third was Peter Pevc (Slovenia).