Summer Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 5

• Watching how chinese table tennis players, men and woman, are walking over their competitors is quite amazing. :white:

I guess we can somehow be happy that Volleyball isn't "sport number one" over there :whistle:

• Watching how chinese table tennis players, men and woman, are walking over their competitors is quite amazing. :white:

I guess we can somehow be happy that Volleyball isn't "sport number one" over there :whistle:

Completely agree :thumbsup:
    I don't really follow the other sports than Volleyball in summer Olympic games though.

I watched Samsonov vs. Zhang semifinal actuality he had good chances to beat Zhang. Zhang was very nervous in that match.
    I read somewhere here the reason that men's volleyball of China is not as strong as women's is that men prefer to play basketball and consider volley as a girlish sport. But the fact that they aren't a strong team in basket shows it's not very easy to improve in team sports like individual sports. China can catch USA till 3 or 4 Olympics if they continue as the are doing now in sports.

• About gymnastics.

I still can't believe Epke Zomderland fell off the high bar, besides volleyball his performance was what i was most excited to watch, at least Fabian finally won his gold.

Plus Im happy Mustafina won bronze all around made herself the queen on uneveen bars with 2nd Gold.

Sad that my favorite gymnast Catalina Ponor did not do well this time.

And Kohei Uchimura proving why he is the best male gymnast ever.

• congrats to india for two medals ( but not gold) both by women (wrestling and badminton). considering how little support women athletes get there, they should be very proud.

let's hope in the future, countries like qatar and saudi arabia will send more women athletes (and better ones too).

• Take a look at three medalist of Women's 800 metres.
    Gold: Carmen Semenya (you maybe know her)
    Silver: Francine Niyonsaba
    Bronze: Margaret Wambui

I alread got used to how Semenya looks alike, but I am really shocked about Wambui...

• Women's Basketball:

1. USA
    2. Spain
    3. Serbia
    4. France

USA won 8th Gold Medal, 6th in a row.

• I like Basketball a lot, but at the Olympics is so boring once only USA wins, in men`s and women`s. :thumbdown:

I watched a few matches and got the feeling a lot of the teams does not takes it seriously, and the teams are so bad, they miss the basket more than they score.
    A lot of athletes goes to the Olympics just as tourist and to party.

But is nice to see Serbia with the Bronze, they also won Gold in men`s water polo.....such a small country and winning in team sports is :heart:

• Take a look at three medalist of Women's 800 metres.
    Gold: Carmen Semenya (you maybe know her)
    Silver: Francine Niyonsaba
    Bronze: Margaret Wambui

I alread got used to how Semenya looks alike, but I am really shocked about Wambui...

well, this is a very complex and difficult situation, but it's somewhat shocking that all 3 finalists are rumored to be intersex, and possibly XY individuals...

btw her name is caster, not carmen...

• Men's Basketball:

1. USA
    2. Serbia
    3. Spain
    4. Australia

USA won 15th Gold Medal, 3rd in a row.

• Women's Handball:

1. Russia
    2. France
    3. Norway
    4. Netherlands