World Tennis

• maybe :) I couldn't follow the tournament because of CeV matches :D

I want to watc Vika's match too.

Highlights from the first round match between Caroline Wozniacki and Anastasia Rodionova at the 2012 Australian Open. I like her red dress
    [media]

[7youtube]

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Vika won 6:1; 6:0
    her next opponent is Mona Barthel from Germany

yes Vika won 6-1 6-0 in just a 72 minutes :D It will be easy game for Vika indeed :P

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• yes Vika won 6-1 6-0 in just a 72 minutes :D It will be easy game for Vika indeed :P

even if the match was very quick and easy she played very well, she was focused and patient. Good luck for her in next round ! ;)
    and...yeah her glasses are cooler then Judy Murray's :lol:

• A really black day in tennis for me today. :(

Firstly, Grigor was worn out in the fifth set, his knee problems have also took their toe. He could've won in three sets, he is way more talented than Almagro but he is far away from the top level. Too inconsistent and unexperienced. I don't know what's the thing with the new coach, has he got a new one or he is still training with his father. A good new coach could trampline his career to a bigger level. For now, he is still the talented prospect.

Another favourite Nalbandian lost to the anti-tennis limb called John Isner. Someone mentioned that the serve is a part of the game but it's the most static part of the game. And it's ugly when your opponent outweighs you in every other element(Nalbandian has better volleys than Isner! Isner is just too long.) and you still win. If you like Isner, than you will like a match with a longest rally of 3 shots and 80% of the serves turn to aces.

Another loss is the one of Baghdatis. Didn't watch the game but Stan Wawrinka is a solid player and Marcos didn't seem to be in a good form.

For tomorrow, the only match that is worth mentioning is Hewitt - Roddick. A former clash, Roddick has more victories, but the match is in Australia. Both aren't in their best of shapes. Monfils - Bellucci can be interesting, the other matches are rubbish.

• according to Isner i dont agree with you ;) he's not anti-tennis. First of all I'm not a big fan of him so I'm not defending him :) I just like tennis and I think he's talented, of course serve is a big part of his play but he has some good shots too. It's not his fault that he's so tall and it's not easy for him to move quickly on court.

Second thing, absolutely agree about Marcos ! I watched only first set, Marcos was leading 4:2 or something like that but then lost :(
    some years ago he was really great player, I mean it was something different in his game, it was full of good and positive energy now...his tennis is totally different. That's sad cause he's one of my favourtie players but he's not improving.

• according to Isner i dont agree with you ;) he's not anti-tennis. First of all I'm not a big fan of him so I'm not defending him :) I just like tennis and I think he's talented, of course serve is a big part of his play but he has some good shots too. It's not his fault that he's so tall and it's not easy for him to move quickly on court.

Second thing, absolutely agree about Marcos ! I watched only first set, Marcos was leading 4:2 or something like that but then lost :(
    some years ago he was really great player, I mean it was something different in his game, it was full of good and positive energy now...his tennis is totally different. That's sad cause he's one of my favourtie players but he's not improving.

Yes, Baghdatis had the "spark" in the days that he reached the final in Melbourne. Even last year he had some matches that were really dramatic and he showed his resilience and character. But there is no progress at all and it's partially because his style isn't the winning type of game anymore. In 2004 he could be top 10 player, now he can't reach top 30. So, I think, it isn't his game that has changed, but the game of the others. It's a pitty. There aren't such characters like the cunning fox Marcos in the ATP right now.

About Isner... Ok, he deserves to be in the Tour, you can give him credit for winning all that tough matches that for him are probably twice as tough. It's not his fault that he is a Behemoth, but... the tennis world will benefit greaty if he changes the sport with basketball or swimming. I don't like him because he is winning some matches and going to third even fourth rounds. That means that some other 3m reptiles can think: "If he can, I can as well". And we will watch more and more matches like Isner - Mahut (a heroism for the players, a torture for the public) or Querrey-Karlovic. And technique will be replaced by brute force. And men's tennis will become a more powerful version of women's tennis...
    But that's only my humble opinion. I'm nobody to judge Isner who wins his million dollars and doesn't care if I like it or not. :)

• yeah, you're right. After his final in Melbourn I thought he would be a part of men's top tennis players but he's not, he's not developing his game at all.

Ok that's your opinion :D

btw. today another surprise in women's tennis. Francesca Schiavone lost 4:6; 3:6 with Romina Oprandi also from Italy.

• David :down:
    Marcos :down:

Bad day, indeed. Kader in the main role again, damn you man! :wall: I guess I agree with triglav_kran, or I simply don't like Isner, 'cause I like Nalbadian and Mahut (yes, still can't get his defeat from Wimbledon our of my head) :rolll: Ok, now seriously...I like David, so I was obviously cheering for him, but he lost to Isner and Nouni. Has he always been such a disaster, or it he just started to be not so long ago? I mean the umpire obviously. Darn, another great decision, that possibly turned the match around. He screwed over our Agnieszka, and now he did that to Nalbadian. Congrats :aww:

Moving on to Marcos. Well...as you gust already said, he used to be a real spark, but now it's like everyone is moving on, but not him, he's still like in the same place. Pity, 'cause he used to be very fun to watch.

Anyway I'm sooooo looking forward to see Hewitt-Roddick match! Dunno who I will support, since I like them both, so the better will win :D

• Mikhail Kukushkin :obey: :obey: :obey:
    This guy exceeded himself today and he unleashed the beast in him in the fifth set against Troicki. The Serbian big hitter looked like he was not punching the ball at all. However, there is 0.0001% chance for him to repeat this performance in the near future and he will probably lose in three in the next round.

What about Hewitt - Roddick? C'mooooon! Yeah, Roddick was a shadow of himself, plus his injury, but still... I'm glad that Lleyton proceeded. There is always an extra spark when a representative of the home country.

• Azarenka in 4th Round, she defeated 6-2 6-4 german player Mona Barthel

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• In next round Azarenka will play with Iveta Benesova
    also Agnieszka Radwanska won her match with Galina Voskoboeva 6:2; 6:2 and she will play with Julia Goerges
    Wozniacki won with Nuculescu 6:2; 6:2 and she will face with Jelena Jankovic

• tomorrow from 1:00 CET some great matches !

Rod Laver Arena:
    at 1:00 CET Victoria Azarenka - Iveta Benesova
    followed by Feliciano Lopez - Rafael Nadal
    then Kim Clijsters vs. Na Li (revenge for last year final)

nigh session:
    Bernard Tomic - Roger Federer
    Caroline Wozniacki - Jelena Jankovic

Julia Goerges - Agnieszka Radwanska on Hisense Arena after doubles
    followed by Tomas Berdych - Nicolas Almagro

• Serena Williams with Andy Roddick in the Mixed Doubles, nice.
    First match WO because of Srebotnic injury.
    Makarova rocks. Sharapova is playing with strong concentrate here.

• I'm waiting for match between Tomic and Federer - I wonder, that this young australian player will be so sly like he was in match with Alex Dolgopolov.
    I'm so sad because of Monfils, he made a great comeback in his match, Kukushkin was a little bit better.

Djoko killed Mahut, great victory by Novak. I wonder why he's so slim, he looks like a... stick or something like this. Anyway, in last year he looked different. But I still love him - GO NOVAK! :super: