World Tennis

• I don't understand why the organizers at ITF keep slowing the courts? Who benefit that? Not the players, the quiality decrease, the spectators cannot watch 6 hours matches - they just don't have so much time, not to mention the serious damages this cost to the bodies of youngsters. It is not the same to play 6 hours on clay and 6 hours on hard court, cause the latter is a lot more damaging... :thumbdown:

Just watch a final 10 years back in time when the courts was really fast, and check if it was entertaining. I dont think so, because in many matches it was hardly any rally at all. In one final Sampras played the longest rally was like 6-7 balls. Karlovic who has one of the best serves ever said himself "I think its good they are slower, because otherwise I would have aced all the time"...the guys are that good now with these extreme rackets.

And one of the reasons for the so long game between Nadal and Djokovic is also how extremly long time they take between points, like 30-40 seconds.

• I am not saying to bring the fast courts back from 10 years ago. We are not playing on carpet any more too. Medium fast courts are best, yet the one at AO this year is very slow.
    I don't like the way courts are homogenized in terms of speed. We used to have fast hard courts, slow clay courts and fast but low bouncing grass. Now everything is very slow most of the times, even the grass.
    And it is not normal to have some many rallies at about 30-40 shorts and very few if any volleys for 6 hours of play. This is VERY damaging for the body. 6 hours on clay won't hurt you so much as 6 hours on hard!
    Maybe something at medium speed is best for hard courts. Grass should be fast and clay slow. That is natural.

• I am not saying to bring the fast courts back from 10 years ago. We are not playing on carpet any more too. Medium fast courts are best, yet the one at AO this year is very slow.
    I don't like the way courts are homogenized in terms of speed. We used to have fast hard courts, slow clay courts and fast but low bouncing grass. Now everything is very slow most of the times, even the grass.
    And it is not normal to have some many rallies at about 30-40 shorts and very few if any volleys for 6 hours of play. This is VERY damaging for the body. 6 hours on clay won't hurt you so much as 6 hours on hard!
    Maybe something at medium speed is best for hard courts. Grass should be fast and clay slow. That is natural.

I think the massive audience likes the very slow courts. They want the players to be tired, to fight for every ball, want to see emotions. Especially people who don't know much about tennis. It's more and more becoming like the gladiator battles in Ancient Rome. And the ITF provides such spectacle. Money run the world, money are running tennis as well.
    You are right, though, both of your statements. For me, very fast and very slow courts make the match less interesting and I can add that they let the player with the worse technique stand a way better chance to win the game. Also this is a disaster to players health. Maybe an incident will wake up the players, the public, the ITF, the sponsors - everyone and they will stop changing the game. Although hoping for such thing to happen is way too cynical. The worst thing is that they are continuing the tendency of slowing the courts. Just imagine if they slow the courts even more...

• Polish tennis website says Wozniacki working now with Maciej Domka

WTF ?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Polish tennis website says Wozniacki working now with Maciej Domka

WTF ?

which website ? :D I haven't seen such news on Polish tennis/sports websites :D

btw today Vika will be at Ellen Show, here's the trailer http://ellen.warnerbros.com/vi…x.php?mediaKey=0_htyg2qh2
    but I dont know where to watch

• which website ? :D I haven't seen such news on Polish tennis/sports websites :D

btw today Vika will be at Ellen Show, here's the trailer http://ellen.warnerbros.com/vi…x.php?mediaKey=0_htyg2qh2
    but I dont know where to watch

http://www.polski-tenis.pl/index.php

and another news about that Matt Cronin (Tennis Reporters) wrote on his twitter page.. "Word off court is tha Caro and coach Ricardo Sanchez have already split."

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• couple months ago her father said that she'll has a new coach and it would be a surprise :D but it was before WTA Champs. in Istanbul

• Because I read very carefull infos bout Turkish Players.. today in the Pattaya Open Singles Qualif Final Cagla Buyukakcay lost the match. Is She turkish tennis Hope?

• Who is him ? Marat ?

Maria looks sweet no matter what :love:

• Because I read very carefull infos bout Turkish Players.. today in the Pattaya Open Singles Qualif Final Cagla Buyukakcay lost the match. Is She turkish tennis Hope?

Çağla Büyükakçay (born September 28, 1989, in Adana), is a Turkish tennis player. She is a member of the Enkaspor tennis team. She is the most successful Turkish player in singles women tennis with a career high WTA ranking of 168 (Jan 31, 2011). She was also the first Turkish woman tennis player in singles to play Grand Slam qualification tournament (2010 US Open)

• Qatar time..

Qatar Total Open will be held February 13 to 19, 2012. The tournament will bring top tennis players to Qatar, including Victoria Azarenka, Caroline Wozniacki, Petra Kvitova, Sam Stosur and Vera Zvonareva

• Qatar time..

Qatar Total Open will be held February 13 to 19, 2012. The tournament will bring top tennis players to Qatar, including Victoria Azarenka, Caroline Wozniacki, Petra Kvitova, Sam Stosur and Vera Zvonareva

Petra has withdrawn though :(

• Caroline has under stress vs Safarova

Caroline was leading 5-4 now in the 3rd set