World Tennis

• Tennis superstar Serena Williams looked absolutely gorgeous at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party Sunday night and everything appeared to be fine, however, Monday she was rushed to the hospital. According to her reps, she suffered from a blood clot in her lungs. Via a statement to OK Magazine:

Monday Serena Williams underwent emergency treatment at Cedars for a hematoma she suffered as a result of treatment for a more critical situation.

Last week, Serena suffered from a pulmonary embolism [a blood clot in the lungs] which was discovered upon her return to L.A. She had been in New York for doctor appointments for the ongoing issues with her foot.”

Doctors are continuing to monitor her situation closely to avoid additional complications.

• EASTBOURNE, England

Two of the most dominant players of the last decade will return to the tennis courts this week coming up, as the Williams sisters make a long-awaited comeback to the WTA at the AEGON International.
    A year ago they were the Top 2 players in the world but it has been a difficult time since then. Wimbledon was the last event Serena Williams played, missing almost eight months due to a right foot injury then suffering a health scare earlier this year - a hematoma and pulmonary embolism - that would keep her out another four months. Venus Williams has played only two tournaments since Wimbledon, a knee injury keeping her out most of last year and hip and abdominal injuries this year (she did play the US Open and Australian Open).
    One week before Wimbledon, the Grand Slam they have dominated the most - they have combined to win there nine of the last 11 years, Venus winning five titles and Serena four - the Williamses will test their grass court games at the Premier-level tournament in Eastbourne starting on Monday, June 13.
    "I am so excited to be healthy enough to compete again," Serena said in a statement earlier this week. "These past 12 months have been extremely tough and character building. I have so much to be grateful for. I'm thankful to my family, friends, and fans for all of their support. Serena's back!"
    Venus has played in Eastbourne twice before but not since the 1990s, reaching the second round in 1997 and 1998 (falling to Nathalie Tauziat and Natasha Zvereva, respectively). Serena has played the tournament once before, reaching the quarterfinals in 1998 (falling to Arantxa Sánchez-Vicario).

• Serena Williams won a match after one year missing in WTA Tour. She won in the first round against Pironkova from Bulgary 16 63 64.
    Venus Williams, also returning to WTA Tour after half year won against No 8 in the tournament Petkovic from Germany 75 57 63.

• The photo for Olja because She always says: 'Aaaa these matches in Men Tennis is so boring, more boring that My history' So I find the photo especially for You :lol:

• The photo for Olja because She always says: 'Aaaa these matches in Men Tennis is so boring, more boring that My history' So I find the photo especially for You :lol:

Holy shitttttt!!!!!!! :sos: :lol: I didn't know Jo from this side! :lol: Now I have to watch a lot more matches with him :lol: lol
    Uuuu...this made my day, thaaaanks Bartek :rose: :lol: I must admit that I'm a little more into WTA, but now I definitely have to change my mind :lol: Oh, if you could find such picture with JM Del Potro, I would be SOOO grateful :lol:
    Btw, history doesn't exist to me anymore :D

• Btw, this time I'm gonna cheer for Mahut again ^^ I've always liked him a lot, even though he hasn't achieved anything special.

• Btw, this time I'm gonna cheer for Mahut again ^^ I've always liked him a lot, even though he hasn't achieved anything special.

I like Mahut, in fact all players who are using service volley tactics :obey: but reality is different, they are on the brink of ''extinction'' because only Llodra is classic service volley player and maybe Stepanek :obey: Llodra is getting old and this Wimbledon is probably last one where he will be on decent level.

ATP is doing big damage by ''mixing'' surfaces :thumbdown: RG this year was fastest one I've ever seen and last year Wimbledon was really slow :thumbdown: ATP wants to reduce difference between surfaces but they're doing big mistake IMO. F.e. Masters in Madrid looked like they're playing on indoor hard or carpet (except main court) while Masters in Miami was slowest hard surface I've ever seen.

• Bartek this is way too much for me :lol: I should hate Verdasco, but after seeing this pic I just can't :rolll: jk

Kaziyski I think we should keep some things the way they were. I'm getting tired of all those changes of surfaces and other stuff...but yeah, I pretty much agree with you. Oh I also love serve and volley players, basically I like almost every French player, especially Fabrice Santoro...what a shame that we don't have him on the tour anymore. Pure magician.