World Tennis

• Ivanovic def. Kuznetsova 6-4 6-3

Goerges def. Wozniak 6-1 6-7 6-3

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Today we have 3 surprises in WTA tournament in Rome:
    Petra Cetkovska beat again Agnieszka Radwańska 6-4 4-6 6-1
    Anabel Medina Garrigues beat Caroline Wozniacki 6-4 4-0 Ret. due to breathing problems
    Julia Goerges beat Marion Bartoli 6-3 6-1

In other matches there were no surprises, later will play Na Li, Angelique Kerber, Sam Stosur, Dominika Cibulkova, Wiliams sisters and Ana Ivanovic, yesterday advanced Petra Kbitova and Maria Sharapova

Now playing: Victoria Azarenka - Shahar Peer

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Azarenka withdrews from Roma with shoulder injury. I watched parts of the game she played against Peer tonight, and noticed nothing, and she seemd happy afterwards :S

• Vika and Aga out on the same day ?(

Anabel Medina Garrigues def. Caroline Wozniacki 64 40 ret. No idea what was going on there.

Wozniacki retired to AMG down 46 04 with an upper respiratory problem.

I hope it's not serious. Get well soon Caro :flower:

Julia Goerges def.Marion Bartoli 6-3 6-1..yeeeahhhh Julia \o/ :drink:

Maria will face vs Ana in the next round. C'mon Maria :!: you can WIN ! lets do this :super:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• 3rd Round results at Rome:

D. Cibulkova b. V. Azarenka wo
    C. Scheepers - Na Li

F. Pennetta b. P. Cetkovska 6-0 6-1
    S. Williams b. A. Medina Garrigues 6-3 6-1

A. Kerber b. J. Goerges 6-4 6-1
    P. Kvitova b. S. Cirstea 6-2 5-7 6-2

V. Williams b. S. Stosur 6-4 6-3
    A. Ivanovic - M. Sharapova

Williams sisters are back!! And tonight wonderful match between two of the most beautiful tennis players. :rose:
    Very happy for Dominika! :heart:

• Ivanovic is definitely one of the prettiest :rose: ,but Maria I don't think so :D

• Quarterfinals - tomorrow, times in CET time zone
    Pennetta - S. Wiliams 12:00
    Cibulkova (14) - Li (8 ) around 14:00 (after Ferrer - Gasquet)
    V. Wiliams - Sharapova (2) not before 15:00
    Kerber (12) - Kvitova (4) not before 19:20

• Azarenka withdrews from Roma with shoulder injury. I watched parts of the game she played against Peer tonight, and noticed nothing, and she seemd happy afterwards :S

Vika just wrote on twitter that she was not healthy before tournament, but had to play to avoid another zero point match on her record. And wrote
    Hopefully in the future there will be more protection for players rights

And now Maria says:
    She's been injured more than anyone and still stayed number one. Last year I think she had more injuries than anyone else. Sometimes she'll withdraw and then you'll see her practising two days later. For me, if I'm injured, then it doesn't matter how much the fine is, I am not going to play. My body and my health are the most important things and if you lose points or have a fine, I don't care about that.
    :box:

• Today results:
    Serena Wiliams (9) - Flavia Penetta 4-0 ret.
    Na Li (8 ) - Dominika Cibulkova (14) 6-1 7-6
    Maria Sharapova (2) - Venus Wiliams 6-4 6-3
    Angelique Kerber (12) - Petra Kvitova (4) 7-6 1-6 6-1 - Kvitova had some problems with tummy muscles

Semifinals: - tomorrow
    Na Li (8 )- Serena Wiliams (9) 12:00
    Angelique Kerber (12) - Maria Sharapova (2) not before 13:30

Edited 4 times, last by kondzio ().

• Haha, epic final in Rome. Na Li won 6:4 and was leading 4:0 in second set, to lose 4:6. Maria Sharapova was leading 4:1 in 3rd set and 40:15 to lose 4:5. Na Li had matchball, but Sharapova save it, now it's 6:6 in third set but it rains now and match has been stopped :obey: :obey:

• Due to bad weather conditions match is postponed. There is a little chance to resume the match, but not before 20:00 CET.