World Tennis

• Julia
    2FMFoH4bVhA

Driver looks like Ivan Miljkovic, right ? :lol:

Vika is out of Roland Garros today :wavy: Sharapova will be new World #1 if she reaches Roland Garros Final.
    So, if Maria reaches the final: :box: :thumbsup:
    Maria 8890
    Vika 8800

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Today men's results:
    Wawrinka (18 ) - Tsonga (5) 4-6 6-7 6-3 6-3 4-6
    Del Potro (9) - Berdych (7) 7-6 1-6 6-3 7-5
    Ferrer (6) - Granollers (20) 6-3 6-2 6-0
    Tipsarevic(8 ) - Almagro (12) 4-6 4-6 4-6
    Monaco (13) - Nadal (2) 2-6 0-6 0-6
    Gasquet (17) - Murray (4) 6-1 4-6 1-6 2-6

Women's 1/8 finals - title's defender Na Li is out of RG.
    Li (7) - Shvedova 6-3 2-6 0-6
    Sharapova (2) - Zakopalova 6-4 6-7 6-2
    Lepchenko - Kvitova (4) 2-6 1-6
    Rus - Kanepi (23) 1-6 6-4 0-6

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited 30 times, last by kondzio ().

• With Hingins was something like she behaved really bad in this match, she quarreled with referee very often, 'cause she had no chance against Graff then, so she started looking for some points and undermines referee's decision. Just read a comments under this movie, people say she was a "bitch" in this match.
    I think also the thing was in Steffi, 'cause she was loved by french audience(she won there 6 times, almost the most in the women's tennis history).

• With Hingins was something like she behaved really bad in this match, she quarreled with referee very often, 'cause she had no chance against Graff then, so she started looking for some points and undermines referee's decision. Just read a comments under this movie, people say she was a "bitch" in this match.
    I think also the thing was in Steffi, 'cause she was loved by french audience(she won there 6 times, almost the most in the women's tennis history).

Thank you for answering :drink:

When I first watched the video, I felt so sorry for Hingis, because she is just 18 and she was being booed by all the crowd..That is really though for a 18 year old girl..Why she acted like that, I don't know (playing against Graff must have been so hard really as you said :D), but I didn't like the attitude of French crowd at all...

What is the case with Serena then?

• Thank you for answering :drink:

When I first watched the video, I felt so sorry for Hingis, because she is just 18 and she was being booed by all the crowd..That is really though for a 18 year old girl..Why she acted like that, I don't know (playing against Graff must have been so hard really as you said :D), but I didn't like the attitude of French crowd at all...

What is the case with Serena then?

very detailed info here about Graf-Hingis here:
    http://www.eksisozluk.com/show…1999+kad%C4%B1nlar+finali

Graf :rose:

• Roland Garros QF:
    Men's:
    Djokovic (1) - Tsonga (5) - tomorrow about 16:00 CET
    Federer (3) - Del Potro (9) - tomorrow about 16:00 CET
    Ferrer (6) - Murray (4) - Wednesday
    Almagro (12) - Nadal (2) - Wednesday

Women's:
    Cibulkova (15) - Stosur (6) - tomorrow 14:00 CET
    Errani (21) - Kerber (10) - tomorrow 14:00 CET
    Shvedova - Kvitova (4) - Wednesday
    Kanepi (23) - Sharapova (2) - Wednesday

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Hingis was doing the "underarm" serves in the final vs. Graf, which made the public angry, if I remember right. Many people also thought she acted like a spoiled brat and dissliked her because of her disparaging comments about Williams sisters, which they found rasistic.

You can see the one of them here at around 3:50:

• I can post some other of my favourite clips ever about tennis, maybe you´ve seen them already but if not, defnility worth a watch :)

Swedish legend (6 GS-titels) Stefan Edberg and Aaron Krickstein in one of the best tennis rallies of all time:

Andre Agassi´s magic shot behind his back (surreal):

Emmanuelle Gagliardi in "the craziest tennis shot ever" the slap chop:

• Maria Sharapova in semifinal, she won with Kaia Kanepi 6-3 6-2. Yesterday advanced Sara Errani and Sam Stosur. In men's tournament without surprises, although we had two thrilling fibve set matches. Novak Djokovic won with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, defending 4 match balls 6-1 5-7 5-7 7-6 6-1. In second Roger Federer won 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-0 6-3 with Juan Martin Del Potro. Result would have been totally different from this, but Del Potro played with knee trauma and from third set he became playing worse and worse. Also Petra Kvitova is in semifinal, she beat Yaroslava Shvedova 3-6 6-2 6-4.

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Sharapova def. Kvitova 6-3 6-3. :super:

She will become new World No.1 on Monday :thumbsup:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Masha is really close to her GS #4 :super:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• If Sharapova wins the French Open Title She will be 10th Woman in history with every Grand Slam Title- AO, FO, EO and UO.

Does Anyone know who are these other 9th Women?

• If Sharapova wins the French Open Title She will be 10th Woman in history with every Grand Slam Title- AO, FO, EO and UO.

Does Anyone know who are these other 9th Women?

Maureen Connolly, Doris Hart, Shirley Fry, Margaret Smith Court, Billie Jean King, Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, Steffi Graf, Serena Williams.