World Tennis

• Congrats Vika ! :super: I have to say it was really great match, they both played so well and it was really equal fight of course not in the 1st set but then they both showed great tennis. I'm so happy that Vika stayed focused till the end and won it. :super:

• Maria trailed 4-0 before another rain delay! She will continue her match,at Wednesday, first match on Arthur Ashe ! Come on Masha,win it ! :super:

• Maria Sharapova def. Marion Bartoli in QF 3-6 6-3 6-4 :super:

Sharapova will play vs Vika in SF. Simply, Sharapova is such player when she enters in series of double faults, she could lose serve easily against Vika but she almost always finds the way to get back in the match. I expect it will be the case in SF. Even if she lose the opening set, she is strong favorite to win this match. C'mon Maria, good luck :super:

Serena Williams def. Ana Ivanovic in 2 sets 6-3 6-1

Serena Williams is amazing and she slowly is coming to new Grand Slam title. On the other side, Ana is in better shape then at the start of the season and in much better then last year but this is not enough for Ana.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Victoria Azarenka, Maria Sharapova and the doubles team of Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci are the first players to qualify for the season ending TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships - Istanbul

"This year has been amazing for me so far, starting by winning the Australian Open, becoming WTA World No.1 for the first time and winning two medals at the Olympics," Azarenka said. "Last year, the atmosphere at the WTA Championships in Istanbul was great and I look forward to playing there again."

"I am very happy to be returning to Istanbul," Sharapova said. "This year has been really special for me, winning the Roland Garros title to complete my career Grand Slam, rising back to No.1 for a time and of course taking home a silver medal from the London Olympics. It will be great to finish off the season in Turkey. We received such incredible support from the fans last year, so I'm looking forward to competing against the world's best players there once again."

Read more

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• So happy for Maria,I hope she'll beat Victoria,she deserves it!!! Goooo Masha! :super:

• Even if Maria loses that match she will be new world #2, Radwanska down to #3 !

• Congratulations Vika :super: She didn't give up till the end while you could see it clearly,especially through the end of 3rd set, Sharapova lost the match in mentallay. I hope Vika gets the CUP :cup: Her dancing performance after the match is enjoyable to watch :lol: :rose:

• So sad for Masha,she was too tired in the end! BUT, there is no way Victoria will be able to take 1 set off of Serena,I think that if she gets more than 6 games in whole match,she should be very happy !

• I think Serena's serve will be a major factor of this match and she's a big favorite on this match. On the other hand Azarenka come after two hard matches against Stosur and especially against Sharapova. My prediction is 2-0 for Serena.

• My pick also goes to Serena 2-0, and it's going to be an easy and fast match!

• Andy Murray defeated Tomas Berdych in 1st men's semifinal 3-1, in other Djokovic was losing 5-2 in 1st set when play was suspended because of bad weather !