World Tennis

• In 3rd set Serena was losing 3-5 but won 7-5.
    Good to live in times when She plays. But Azarenka is behind Her and She will dominate tennis after Serena.

• Congrats Serena
    Before the match no one belived in Vika, but she played so well and fought really beeautiful, it's very sad that she couldnt manage with her nerves, it was so close to win the title...anyway, she proved that she's great player, no doubt that she will win more grand slams soon.

• Victoria played great,but Serena totally deserved it,she's so strong,both mentally and physically and she also said that she's very motivated and can't wait for her next tournament to start. That will bee China Open in Beijing , that starts in 20 days !

• Congrats Serena but Vika certainly deserved the win more than Serena and Vika played very well. You may have a chance to win the match when Serena's serve died, I think this should be the key point to other players.

Serena Williams has qualified for the 2012 TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships Istanbul.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Yeah, kind of suprising news for me today... I watched just first set and I was pretty sure that Djokovic won't do anything good in this match. Wind is not his friend and he can't play in such an atmosphere like was yesterday/today. Everyone, who watched his semifinal against Ferrer has the same opinion. When tornado was coming to New York the weather was awful and Novak couldn't even serve properly. Day later he crushed Ferrer, 'cause there was no wind and everything.
    But I see he was able almost to reverse this match, 3rd and 4th sets were won by him quite easy. This is sad.

Finally Murray won Grand Slam, now he can be added to this top of current tennis, where are Djokovic, Nadal and Federer. Earlier, even with Olympic gold medal he didn't deserve for this. Definitely I feel very happy of him, he's one of my favourite tennis players, too, so that's why the result of this final doesn't make me sad as hell.

• Andy deserved this title definetly,but he played only 1 of top 3 players,the problems are when has to face two of them, but with Rafa injured and Roger stunned by Berdych,he was lucky!

• Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams commited themselfs to start 2013 season at WTA/ATP(combined event) in Australia,Brisbane,at Brisbane International! Andy Murray will also play!

• Urszula Radwańska made it through a tough match today, with tiebreaker in set 3, to make it to the semifinal in Tashkent. It is the second year in a row she has made this semifinal. She is the only remaining seeded player, so she has a great opportunity to maybe win her first WTA singles title.

• Most impressive news for me from Tashkent is that 16-year old Donna Vekic (born 1996) is in the semifinals, as the youngest to reach semis in a WTA-tournament since Viktoria Azarenka in 2005.

• Actually,Tamira Pasczek was 15 when she reached Portoroz semifinal in 2006,and she ended up winning the title!!! I hope Donna can at least make final,but I would like seeing someone that young winning WTA trophy!

• Serena and Venus Williams will play friendly match in the first half of November in Republic of South Africa.

• Urszula Radwańska made it through a tough match today, with tiebreaker in set 3, to make it to the semifinal in Tashkent. It is the second year in a row she has made this semifinal. She is the only remaining seeded player, so she has a great opportunity to maybe win her first WTA singles title.

Unfortunately, Ula was unable to take advantage of this opportunity, and lost the semifinal. :( Still some work needed before she is ready to become a top player.

Big picture however, she defended her points, will stay around #40, and still has good chances for the rest of the year... so Go Ula!