planning a Poland trip for ECH2009, seek for recommendation

• i am planning a poland trip next yr...but i cant find much information in hong kong about poland trip, so i seek help here..

as we all know preliminary rounds of Pool A will be in Lodz, and Pool B in Wroclaw, i wanna know more about these 2 cities..and where will be the final four??
    (i would like to go to warsaw for sight-seeing too, luckily i can find some info on internet ;) )

finally, really wanna know more friends here, esp polish NT fans! maybe we can hang out and cheer for polish in ECH next yr :drink:

• Justyna, post it here, there are many more users from the forum who wanna come to poland and some info would help them as well :)

Yingcheng, dont worry, if u will be in the same town as me ill take u out :D
    Btw search for Hostels and not hotels, they are much cheaper and much cooler anyway. And as far as i know the finals will be held in Lodz as well.
    As for cheap flights to poland i cant help u unfortunatly.

All that is important for me is:
    cheap beer, cheap cigarettes and cheap food :D so u wouldnt need so much money for travelling through poland. And just to give u a little tip..... Krakow is much cooler than Warsaw, so better go sightseeing there hehe

Sth about wroclaw,
    spent there the weekend during GP this year and it was quite ok. Definitely a town to see more than lodz (i think justyna will agree :D )
    well, just tell us what exactly u wanna know, and im sure we will be able to help you!

• Justyna, post it here, there are many more users from the forum who wanna come to poland and some info would help them as well :)

It's a little bit too long to post here, but if someone have a specific questions you can ask and I'll try answer (:

Sth about wroclaw,
    spent there the weekend during GP this year and it was quite ok. Definitely a town to see more than lodz (i think justyna will agree :D )
    well, just tell us what exactly u wanna know, and im sure we will be able to help you!

Yeah, every city is better than Łódź :lol:

• I'd like to know brief info about some cities to visit next year (all of them is clearly impossible to visit, so I'll have to choose). The cities where the tournament is held plus about 3 to 5 cities to visit before, during and after ECH. Which of them are cool, historical and worth seeing and which not?

Warsaw, Lodz, Krakow, Wroclaw, Poznan, Gdansk, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, Katowice, Bialystok, Gdynia, Czestochowa, Radom, Sosnowiec, Torun, Kielce, Gliwice, Zabrze, Bytom, Bielsko-Biala, Olsztyn, Rzeszow, Ruda Slaska, Rybnik, Tychy, Dabrowa Gornicza, Opole, Plock, Elblag, Gorzow Wielkopolski, Walbrzych, Wloclawek, Zielona Gora, Tarnow, Chorzow, Kalisz, Koszalin, Legnica, Grudziadz, Slupsk

• definitely worth to see warsaw, krakow (most beautiful polish city), poznan, gdansk, czestochowa, torun, wroclaw and zakopane :)
    and about wroclaw in english see here http://www.wroclaw.pl/m50001/

• Warsaw, Lodz, Krakow, Wroclaw, Poznan, Gdansk, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, Katowice, Bialystok, Gdynia, Czestochowa, Radom, Sosnowiec, Torun, Kielce, Gliwice, Zabrze, Bytom, Bielsko-Biala, Olsztyn, Rzeszow, Ruda Slaska, Rybnik, Tychy, Dabrowa Gornicza, Opole, Plock, Elblag, Gorzow Wielkopolski, Walbrzych, Wloclawek, Zielona Gora, Tarnow, Chorzow, Kalisz, Koszalin, Legnica, Grudziadz, Slupsk

From these you have mentioned, I would recommend you: Warsaw, Łódź, Kraków, Wrocław, Poznań, Gdańsk, Szczecin, Lublin, Gdynia, Częstochowa, Toruń, Olsztyn and Kalisz. These cities I concider the most intersting from many reasons: architecture, history, beauty etc. In my opinion you can spare yourself the others.
    Kalisz:http://kalisz-kalisz.blog.onet.pl/4,AU6268492,index.html
    Szczecin:http://www.sedina.pl This site about Szczecin is aveliable in English

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited 3 times, last by Konrad ().

• wow ... really thanks for all ur replies here :rose:

i think i really need time to get my poland trip well-planned .. and will keep asking questions when i hv time to 'digest' all infos i got here ..

but now the problem is - it seems that still not enough time for visiting england even if i spend all my annual leaves next yr! oh no ~ ~ :sos:

thanks again for all ur help kindly 1st ...

• i am planning a poland trip next yr...but i cant find much information in hong kong about poland trip, so i seek help here..

as we all know preliminary rounds of Pool A will be in Lodz, and Pool B in Wroclaw, i wanna know more about these 2 cities..and where will be the final four??
    (i would like to go to warsaw for sight-seeing too, luckily i can find some info on internet ;) )

finally, really wanna know more friends here, esp polish NT fans! maybe we can hang out and cheer for polish in ECH next yr :drink:

Wow, Yingcheng :) just let me know when you be in Warsaw ( i live in this city) hahaha i will show you the place where Gosia Glinka grew up :P
    and of course much more :drink:
    Fans of Gosia Glinka are friends of mine :thumbsup: Soooo see you soon

• Wow, Yingcheng :) just let me know when you be in Warsaw ( i live in this city) hahaha i will show you the place where Gosia Glinka grew up :P

So... fans of Kasia Skowronska aren't?? :lol:

Next year hopefully we'll be there! \o/

• So... fans of Kasia Skowronska aren't?? :lol:

Next year hopefully we'll be there! \o/

hahaha of course they are :flower: besides Nivea you are my friend already :teach:
    buziaki

• Wow, Yingcheng :) just let me know when you be in Warsaw ( i live in this city) hahaha i will show you the place where Gosia Glinka grew up :P

yeah!! we are friends coz we love the same people!! i am looking forward to see u too, cheers! :drink:

i just read some websites above, one of them mentioned that train from Warsaw to Łódź only takes 1hr 40 minutes! is it true? anyone can give me an idea abt travelling time in Poland ? (u know, Hong Kong is sooooooo small but we spend a lot of time in travelling everyday, so b4 i read the websites i think i need 5-6hrs to travel between cities :wall: )

• Travel from Łódź to Warsaw by train takes about 1h 30m and ticket cost 31,00 (PLN)

From other 3 cities where will be played matches (Bydgoszcz, Wrocław, Katowice) to Łódź is about 200 km and travel takes about 4h-4h30m (by train or bus).

• Nice pics Justyana. Seems like VB is really big in Poland. Hope I get the money to go there someday. :)