How did YOU play?

• I'm assuming a lot of people here actually play volleyball themselves, so let's do some really quick reports about our games here!

My position: outside hitter

First game: we won 3-1. I was little tense, but played alright overall. Didn't make any serving mistakes (not even with jump serve), recpetion was also alright. I made quite a few errors in attack, but when I relaxed a little and took the pace of of my spikes a little I scored a good few points.

Second game: we lose 3-1, but I played a lot better myself. Had a lot of power in my offence again and scored some spectacular points I thought. Also got blocked 5 times. They had a really high block and the centre blocker kept blocking my cross court spikes, because he was late. When I started hitting in the seam it was a lot easier to score. Defence was also quite good. Must've defended one guys spikes 5 times, till the point where I could see him getting really sick of it :P. My ex girlfriend showed up at the match all of a sudden to watch me play, so there was added pressure. But I guess I did good, because we're pretty much back together again now :) Wow she looked really stunning.

Man this is more work than I thought, but it would be cool to read someone elses report :)

• My position wing spiker

First match: won 2-0
    Was a really easy match, we managed to win comfortly although we made a lot of errors. I played quite well, especcialy in reception(80%), i had 55% in attack, had 1 ace and did 2 errors.

Second match: won 2-0
    Another really easy match, again lots of errors (40 errors in both matches), this time i was a lot better on the attack(83%), a little weaker on reception(51%), had 2 aces, and did 5 errors.

Next 2 matches are on Sunday! (:

• Sounds good! Must've been happy with that. How do you know your statistics? And how come the matches only go up to 2-0? What country / level do you play?

• The assistant coach has all the statistics. This are Youth matches, so it only goes up to 2-0, i play for seniors as well in the 3d Slovene league, we have the 1st round next saturday.

• I don't play volleyball on a professional level just in university for some fun with guys though who for most plays in pro... I'm not tall so I rely on my speed and quick hands for libero.

• Played the 2d round of the Youth A league qualifications today. I didn't play because of a back injury, but we won the first match 2-1(lost the 1st set 25-23, after doing 20 errors!!!), then in the 2d match we lowered our errors to 4 and 5 and won comfortly 2-0!

So for now we are 1st in our group with 4 wins, and 2 matches to go! (:

• Sounds good man. Hope your back gets better soon!

We won 4-0 yesterday. Played really well I thought, even better than last week. Must've had about 70% in attack and must've scored somewhere around 15 points. I hit 4 people and hit one spike over the block, was quite happy with that. Reception was a little less, but then I haven't trained on that for a while, so I'll do that tonight. I really feel like I should play in a higher league again, because I can feel some people thinking 'why the fuck does he play in this league' (I play somewhere in between the lowest and the higest level in Holland). So yeah, ego boosting times for me :P

• Sounds good man. Hope your back gets better soon!

We won 4-0 yesterday. Played really well I thought, even better than last week. Must've had about 70% in attack and must've scored somewhere around 15 points. I hit 4 people and hit one spike over the block, was quite happy with that. Reception was a little less, but then I haven't trained on that for a while, so I'll do that tonight. I really feel like I should play in a higher league again, because I can feel some people thinking 'why the fuck does he play in this league' (I play somewhere in between the lowest and the higest level in Holland). So yeah, ego boosting times for me :P

Better to be a back marker in the more powerful league than strong in weaker. Place photographs of your acts during the game here :thumbup:

• What's a back marker man? If you mean being on the bench, I've done that for a good couple years of my life and am happy to finally be playing all sets every match and just having fun. After this season I'll transfer to a higher league if I'm confident that I won't be benched the whole season again (which I am increasingly becoming).

I don't have pictures :S I have some videos back home from old matches though. Perhaps I cn get some new ones some time.

• The 3d slovene league starts on Sunday, so i'll post the result afterwards! :D

• Thanx Justyna!

We played the number 1 in our league yesterday and we had to play with someone from our 3rd team. First set ended up being 10-25 :S We won the third set and made them lose the first set this season.

I didn't play my best game. Kept spiking out my cross court spikes, must've missed 8 in total. Got blocked a couple of times too. After a while I switched to hitting it heigh on the block, which worked quite well. I used to not have enough height, but I don't have to much trouble anymore hitting the top of the block these days. Reception was quite good this time. Also scored with tips and tactical hits.

I got a little angry with the opponent, which is never good for my game. They talked a lot through the net and so did I, but for my own game it's best just to ignore them completely. My girlfriend came to watch, so I guess she didn't choose the best game, but oh well.

• Thanks Justyna!
    We lost our first match 3:0(25:23; 25:18; 25:13)
    I played really well in the 1st and 2d set, was actually surprised because my back still wasnt in the best shape, i had 15/12 in attack, and 65% reception, but then in the 3d set the pain came back, so I couldn't receive good anymore, and that was the main reason we lost the last set that much...
    Next game is on Saturday, and the last qualification tournament for the Youth A league is on Sunday, we are playing against Astec Triglav and Lubnik on Sunday, and if we win Triglav we are already in the A league! (:
    If we loose 2:1, and win Lubnik 2:0, then the point differential will decide the winner of the group(which qualifies to the A league).
    If we loose 2:0, we are 2d in the group, and will have to play another qualification tournament with 3 more 2d placed teams, and the top 2 teams in that tournament advance to the A league as well!

• On saturday we played the 2. round of the 3d Slovene league against probably the best team in this league this year. We lost 3:0(25:22; 25:23; 25:21), but we played realy well, so I'm happy with the result. I played the whole match, and I must say i was surprised with how good I played, considering this was my first match after the back injury. I had 100% reception (15/15), 15/12 in attack, i had 4 aces and 6 winners, and missed only 3 serves in the whole match! (:

Sunday was the last round of the Youth A league qualifications.
    First match we won 2:0(25:23; 25:22), i didnt play much, i only went on serve in the 1st set when they we're leading 15-12, managed to score 2 aces and winners, we went in the lead at the TO 16-15, scored another ace after the TO for 17-15, but then missed one, and i was subbed again.
    Second match we won 2:0(25:22; 25:22), played the whole match, had 100% reception again(17/17), but my perfect reception wasn't as high as on saturday, had 21/18 in attack, but i didnt score any ace or winner in that match.

So with more wins we topped our qualification group with 6 wins and no losses, to quallify for the A league, which starts in January! :D

• How come you're able to get such ridiculously good statistics? Are you frickin amazing, or is the league not so strong?

• Its because the league isnt good ;)
    I mean the Youth A league is good, but theese we're only the qualifications, and since last year we we're 4th, we we're among the seeded teams, so we got drawn in an easy qualification group, the reall test will come in january when the A league starts (: